Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
By the way, did I mention that I know how many parts there are to this story. I'm just not telling you guys because I want to keep you in suspense. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh. I figured you knew, but the fun of the suspense is not knowing where it's going to end. And DOHT at the final line!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
What was it that Pam (I think it was Pam) said? "I should have know that you couldn't go for an entire story without mentioning TOGOM!" Yeah! This is going to be soooo great! laugh

So far, ML, I'm following you on these jumps. I love how Clark and Lois are trying to not change their history, and yet are debating internally about their decisions of the time. This is a terrific revisiting of key points. I'm really loving this story.

Um, Karen? What does DOHT mean? I'm sorry to be stupid... sad

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Blogger
Blogger
But Lois was no longer listening because as she and Clark stepped into the newsroom, she saw Dan and Mayson, both looking like kids who had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, jump apart slightly when they saw her and Clark.

Mayson Drake. She was alive. Lois supposed that was the good news. And if Mayson and Dan were... nah. That was crazy.
Ha ha! I knew it! Don't worry, Lois! This is a good thing. Now the Salutatorian of the 89th graduating class of the Prestigious School of Interior Design can decide to update the Century Old Headquarters in the most cutting edge styles of the day, no doubt with the help of a coin toss.
Oh, and I guess it's good too that Dan and Mayson can live happily ever after without overly interferring with your relationship to Clark.

Okay, so maybe I'm still a little hung up on the paint color thing... blush

She grabbed onto the banister as the world around her began to fade. She let out a breath of relief. Anywhere would be better than here.
Oh, Lois, Lois, Lois. /me shakes head sadly. Surely you know ML better than to think that a somewhat fun but awkward date with Dan Scardino is the worst thing that she can throw at you. For example, remember Lex? Or how about Deter? And of course, there's always those pesky New Kryptonians...

"Well!” William asked when Andrus returned. “Do we know what’s causing this?”

“Not exactly,” Andrus said, looking around at the council nervously.

“What does ‘not exactly’ mean?” Laddy demanded. “Do you know or don’t you?”

“It means... Well, we know that Tempus is still in his cozy jail cell - acting as sarcastic as ever. We questioned him, but... I’m afraid the art of interrogation has been lost over the years. He seemed to enjoy giving us vague and often contradictory answers. And we can’t know for sure if he didn’t...” Andrus’ voice trailed off and he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. “Our time watchers think that he might have done this in the past - before we caught him - and that this is only catching up with us now. Or that it’s something he will do in the future and...”
wallbash I'm telling you. Herb is outside the door fiddling with the Soul Tracker. If you would just confiscate the thing from him, this whole unpleasant (but highly entertaining!) episode would come to a nice, clean ending.

I can't wait to see how Clark handles TOGOM. There are so many intriguing pitfalls to be navigated there.

~Noetal

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
the fun of the suspense is not knowing where it's going to end.
Well, I live to please laugh .

"I should have know that you couldn't go for an entire story without mentioning TOGOM!"
Actually, I believe Pam said that about Wendy. But... well, the way I figure it is that with everyone out there trying to change TOGOM, there should be someone out there trying to keep things the same laugh .

I love how Clark and Lois are trying to not change their history, and yet are debating internally about their decisions of the time. This is a terrific revisiting of key points.
Glad you're enjoying that. That was certainly one of the things I found most interesting when writing this story.

Okay, so maybe I'm still a little hung up on the paint color thing...
If you liked that, keep an eye on the marble floor laugh

Anyway, I'm a little concerned that people might be having problems following this story. If you are, please say so.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ML - I'm enjoying this and *think* I'm keeping everything right smile .

I'll just say 'more soon' and go for better feedback the next go round smile .
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard