Print Thread
#41616 04/07/07 08:27 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm still loving this, Nan. Normally, I'm not much of an A-plot fan. The reason for that is that I think that A-plots tend to focus too much on the villains and on Lois and Clark's helplessness. But in this story, at least in this chapter, the focus is solidly on Lois and Clark - and Lois!!! laugh There is a very nice B-plot feeling to your story because we are staying with Lois and Clark, and so far, at least, they are not trapped somewhere, about to be killed. Instead they are in control of their own situation and they are trying to come up with a way to bring down Lex Luthor. And at the same time, they are slowly working out some important B-plot issues, too!

I loved the interaction between Lois, Clark and Lois! I keep wondering if Clark will keep his promise to "other-Lois" from last chapter to be honest with "his Lois". In other words, will Clark tell his Lois that he's Superman? And will "other-Lois" return to her own time, knowing that Clark is Superman? Or will she still be ignorant about Clark's other identity?

It was fun seeing Bobby Bigmouth, too. He is definitely one of the greatest of the minor characters of the Lois and Clark universe.

But suddenly you made me very nervous about Mortie Engelman. He is supposedly working with Henderson. What if he really isn't? What if he is one of Lex's goons instead? And what if Bobby Bigmouth hands over Lex's journal to Mortie?

Great story, Nan! Please post the final part soon!

Ann

#41617 04/07/07 09:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up! Suddenly I'm worried about Mortie... Anything Luthor-related is one of my favorites as far as A-plots go. thumbsup

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#41618 04/08/07 03:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Good part... Wells is going to show up to send Lois to her universe?

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#41619 04/08/07 07:41 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Well, Nan, you started out asking whether this story merited a sequel, and I think the answer to that is going to be YES! I am so curious about these characters and this situation, and I can't imagine how you can wrap everything up in just one more part. Lois Luthor and her Clark have so much to work out, not to mention an empire to topple, and then if the other Lois gets back to her own universe and her own Clark, surely there's a whole story's worth of stuff waiting for her there? Anyway, I suspect I'll finish the story hoping for more, and I doubt I'll be the only one.

I'm looking forward to the last part!

Caroline

#41620 04/14/07 07:40 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Another great segment, although I think Lois Luthor should keep her real name since the other Lois is just a visitor.

I like how Clark lures Lois Luthor out. She trusts him as much as any Lois trusts any Clark--my own writing not withstanding.

I didn't like how Bobb didn't realize he was being followed. I know Clark is Superman, but it feels a little sloppy. I feel like yelling, "Come on, Bobby. This is Luthor we're talking about!"

I hope the next part is long, because I can't see how you're going to finish this without two or three more parts.

Elisabeth

#41621 04/14/07 07:42 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Never mind about the Lois and Lucy thing. In the first paragraph of the next segment they clear that up. Although you might want to clarify that before posting to the board. If an idiot like me can make that mistake, imagine what a total moron might think.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard