Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Ok, this isn't my usual type of fic, so how do you think I did?

Remember, I am quite a sensitive soul. wink

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When I saw you'd posted this, I was all excited -- some of these stories, I'm like, okay, I *might* have read that, but I don't know what it's about -- with *this* story I recognized it instantly (mostly remembering the rooftop scene drool ) and dove right in. And I discovered I loved it as much this time as the last time I read it. <happy sigh>

You should consider broadening your "usual style" Jenni smile You're much better than you think you are.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Jenni, this was wonderful!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's lovely, Jenni. I'm very fond of stories where Lois and Clark first meet when they are much younger than they were in the TV show. Also, I love stories where Clark doesn't woo Lois by deceiving her about his identity. I loved that Lois recognized Clark right away when he rescued her and everyone else on the Messenger. And like Pam, I thought that the whole roof scene was great.

Also like Pam, I think you are a great writer. I don't know if you noticed it, but that extremely moving story that you wrote with Stopquitdont, A Gift For Life, has just recently been praised here on the boards.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I loved that. I too love stories where they meet as younger than in the show (kind of solidifies their being "meant to be" in my eyes). And this story was so moving and wonderful! I thought it was great how you thought to have Clark leave with New Krypton so much earlier than he did in the show and their emotions seemed so logical and real to me. I really wish I had bought the DVD when it came out, but for now I'll just have to wait here for all these incredible stories. laugh

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, that was just great, Jenni. So lovely.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
This was so lovely and sweet. Loved it. Made my day.

Columnist
Columnist
lovely and sweet: You're sooo right!!
I loved this story!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
I really enjoyed this, Jenni! I'm a sucker for an alternate beginning, and this one was wonderful. Thanks for a great read smile

Caroline

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

I took a quick drive by the MBs before I leave for my weekend in Paris. Yay! I am so looking forward to that. laugh

I was surprised to see some more fdk and such nice fdk too. Thank you for sending me off on my break feeling very happy. wink

Yours Jenni

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I read this on the DVD and of course I enjoyed it. I always like your writing, Jenni. I only wish it had been longer. wink

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I can't believe I almost missed a story by Jenni Debbage. You'll have to get past that humility because, usual style or no, you have long been a favorite author for James and myself.

This was no exception. I've never been fond of NK stories, but I liked this one. I like the interplay between the two of them, particularly as they are flying. Her inside help made the Eprad stow-away thing much more believable. All in all an enjoyable, well-rounded story.

As much as I hate to disagree with Nan, I thought this was a great length for a story... at least for part 1 laugh .

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it! Wonderful and Fantastic spin on the New Krypton arc.

My favorite lines were Lois at her intrepid best..

She vaguely heard the far-off voice approaching the latter minutes of the final checks and she screwed up her eyes... tightly. She didn't exactly know how that would help her predicament, but, hey, every heroine worth her salt did that in the movies....

Beep!

What the heck was that?

Lois opened one eye.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Wow, more fdk. Thanks a lot for taking time to post and saying such nice things. smile

Yours Jenni

Blogger
Blogger
This was really beautiful!

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Thanks, Nethra. You're fdk was quite a surprise. I just came back from a trip to Italy and almost didn't spot the added fdk. smile

Glad you enjoyed the story.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard