Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww.. it was sad... whinging mecry

written beautifully

Meni mecry

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging whinging whinging whinging

That's all I really had to say.
More soon.
Jen
whinging whinging whinging whinging

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well it made me cry too. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh *sob* mecry

I cry every time I watch that episode. What made this bearable is that they are married and had a night in each others arms. I think that I like it better that way!

Great part Rac! Can't wait for more!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ohhhhhhh, Rac. She whispers, awed, in a tremulous voice. This was so angsty, so poignant, so waffy...

...<sigh> so beautiful.

Brava!!

My heart was in my throat throughout the wedding and the wedding night (wonderful idea for them to go to Perry btw!) but this had the screen misting up most of all:

"Do you hear it?" he asked breathlessly.

"I hear it," she whispered. "I hear it." Her heart ached and she thought it might burst with love for this man. Desire clawed at her; her blood was racing in her veins, her skin burning at every point of contact, her breath caught in her throat. She moaned into his mouth, feeling as though she might die of pleasure.
mecry

Just one small disappointment that I had was that you didn't change the setting for farewell to Superman. That scene in the show has always bugged me - I have no idea how no one figured out Clark was Superman with his parents there and his fiancee, grief-stricken, and those farewells, with the eyes of the world and several no doubt savvy reporters on them! I always felt that it would have been less dangerous to have done it in Smallville, separate from Superman's Planet announcement.

But no matter - it certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment of a beautiful, wonderful segment - more please, soon as you can, I'm loving this!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

WOW! This beautifully is written. mecry
The wedding night is superb. Romantic, WAFFy, angsty! Just perfect! twins

I love this and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rac,

Loved the increased poignancy of that final scene once they're actually married! And I liked the humanity of Clark's flare of dislike at seeing Z&C.

Great to see Perry figuring things out, too. smile

I do admit I skipped over all the mushy stuff. wink So give us MORE, soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac,
excellent part - beautifully done
sad
ditto others
more soon please
merry

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments and your patience, everyone. Real life has been incredibly hectic lately and I apologize for the delay in responding, but hope the gentle readers will forgive me.

Thank you for your very kind words; I'm glad to see that this section worked, though I must admit it was pretty easy to write, given the good material the show provided. Rat, I totally agree that a Smallville fairwell would have been better. All I can say is, I wish I had thought of it!

Anyway, the last part of Belief and Sacrifice will be up very soon. I don't know when I'll start posting the next story, but I hope real life gives me a break soon so I can continue writing.

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard