Print Thread
#41572 04/06/07 08:19 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I haven't been reading this story, Nan - sometimes I feel overwhelmed by everything to read - but I really liked this part a lot. The interaction between this Lois and this Clark was so very interesting. Imagine, Lois has no idea that Clark is Superman, neither her own Clark nor this one. But she manages to trust him and to explain things to him - I loved their talk about both Loises' attraction to Superman and to Lex. Clark really understood a few things about himself and Lois after his talk with other-Lois. Imagine that this Clark's Lois had actually gone ahead and married Lex. I loved that Clark figured this out:

"Anyhow, the point of all this is that if I can get *my* Lois out of this mess, I'm going to make some changes. For one thing, I'm going to be more honest with her."
Well, that's what I keep saying all the time - please be honest with her, Clark....

I loved this, too:

"Clark, you're the most honest guy I know!"

He pulled out into the heavy morning traffic. "In most ways," he said. "But there's one important thing I didn't tell her, and I should have.
I wonder if the "visiting Lois" will figure out that her Clark is Superman, too? Or will she go home to her own reality and go on being lied to by Clark?

Anyway, so scary... Luthor more or less own the Metropolis police force, or he certainly owns enough of it to be able to stay completely out of reach of the law. Surely Lois and Clark will nail Luthor, save the other Lois and clean up Metropolis?

Great story, Nan!

Ann

#41573 04/07/07 01:21 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I'm curious how Lois ended up in the Women Shelter... confused

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#41574 04/14/07 07:22 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Such a rich part. There was so much a like about it, starting with the little things.

Her hair follicles were just going to have to lump it tonight.
I love it when characters think in idioms. It makes it more realistic and makes the story, in general, more homey.

I like how much communication is going on in this segment. Clark telling Mortie how much he knows. Lois and Clark continuing to talk about their feelings and circumstances. There is such freedom in talking to that safe, almost best friend, third person.

I like that Clark is preparing to be honest with his Lois. I equally like that he hasn't told the visiting Lois the truth--it's not fair if he plans to send her back.

The research he does, AKA reading sci fi, is good, too. Where else does an investigator start when faced with unreal circumstances.

I also like the little details of Lois disgusing her voice on the phone--pinching her nose is too funny. And then forgetting she isn't safe just because she's walking at Clark's side.

And, of course, she's in the women's shelter because where else do battered women hide out? Of course, this Lois has to balance running away from Lex with investigating where the other Lois could be.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard