Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, so by now you should know what is happening - although I suspect you still have a lot of questions about the why.

But given the premise, I suspect you understand now what will make this confusing - keeping track of when current Lois and Clark are.

Anyway, I plan to keep posting every day so that you don't get too lost.

Hope you're enjoying the story.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hey, that was interesting. I posted this after I posted the part and it ended up on the boards before the part. Anyway, just making this post to correct the problem.

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo every day!??!?! WOOHOO!!!

*runs off to read*
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Posting every day? I'm not sure that's a good idea. Maybe it'd be better to post twice a day. That way we'd be even less likely to get lost angel-devil

This is getting more and more interesting with every post.

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oooo scratch my previous post. Twice a day is better [I was counting down on IRC last night].

You left us there?!??! ACK!!!

Good thing I have a busy night or else I'd be sitting around pondering it all night smile .

Quick question - is it Andrus or Andreas? Or is there both and I missed it somehow?

I wonder how much Lois is really planning on changingn and whether or not Clark will come to his senses?
Carol

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Carol, it's Andrus. The Alternate spelling was my mistake blush . Thanks for the heads up, I'll go back and correct it right now - before it confuses anyone else laugh .

As for twice a day... Boy, you guys are relentless, aren't you laugh .

ML wave

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool, another post.
I wonder how much Lois is really planning on changing and whether or not Clark will come to his senses?
Carol
I hope she totally throws him for a loop by not doing what he expects: declaring her love. Instead, she should talk to him about Lex's criminal activity. As for Clark, he better come to his sense before they um ... consumate ... otherwise Lois will die a rather painful death due to a curse that hasn't been lifted yet.

Yay! part 4 tomorrow.
BJ

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by BJ:
otherwise Lois will die a rather painful death due to a curse that hasn't been lifted yet.

Ooooo - I'd forgotten about that. Yes - ML, don't forget to not let her die because of the curse!!! Although the earthquake that would cause for Andrus et al might be kinda fun to see [as long as they could save her somehow smile ].

Oh - ML - loved the mention of the paint color. It's interesting how the tiniest change can affect things huh? Even if it only changes paint color. I'm waiting for one of the Council people to vanish because something changed that made them not be there... Love the Mayson and Dan thing.

As for Andrus vs. Andreas... I had no clue which was right and thought it was possible that there were two of them that I never caught on to smile .
Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay for posting every day! I'm curious about the changes now. Can't wait to read more!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, yeah. Jumping around in time to key moments in their relationship. Got that.

And changing things causes ripples in time. Makes sense.

BTW, I forgot to mention how much I'm loving the parallels between L&C's respective situations and reactions. Nicely done.

I'm a little confused, though, about these timequakes. Why are they causing physical shakes in Utopia? And, if they're causing physical shakes there, does that mean they're doing the same at other points in time? Like four years from now? Or is the room in Utopia special because that's where they view time and that room is somewhat outside of time? Is that why they can see the changes? I mean, the paint color changed. And they noticed it. It's not that, suddenly, it had always been that color. You know what I mean? (This stuff gets tricky...)

Anyway... still very much enjoying this one. It's very cool to see the new takes, see what could have happened, and see these old events through the eyes of their future selves. The neat little realizations. Talk about hindsight!

Looking forward to the next part. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Blogger
Blogger
So, I'm trying to figure out how Mayson marrying Dan and/or Clark's bizarre diary entry results in a change of paint color centuries later. For example, maybe that would have been the diary entry in which Clark mentioned his favorite color burgundy—a color which would have been incredibly popular in Utopia, but instead fades into obscurity.

Or maybe late in their life, Mayson and Dan successfully prosecute a Drug Lord and put him away, so a woman that this Drug Lord would have killed now lives to encourage her Son (who no longer has easy access to drugs) to attend college. The Son and his family have a much higher standard of living than they would have otherwise, so the Son's Daughter can now afford to attend Med School and is able to successfully prevent her Neighbor's Granddaughter from dying of an aneurism at age 13. The Neighbor's Granddaughter grows up become a reclusive spinster. At the time of her death the Neighbor’s Granddaughter has eight Siamese Cats, a black Labrador, and a white Poodle, all of whom sadly finish their lives at the local animal shelter. But before the two Canines can pass away, they reproduce a cut little grey Labradoodle puppy who is adopted into a family with Eight Children. Two years after the Labradoodle’s adoption, it accidentally dumps over a can of paint, and the resultant chaos requires the family to entirely redecorate their living room. The Sixth Daughter, 8 years old at the time, enjoys the family project so much that she is inspired to begin a career in Interior Design. The Sixth Daughter eventually becomes so successful in her field that she establishes a Prestigious School of Interior Design. The Salutatorian of the 89th graduating class of the Prestigious School of Interior Design successfully establishes her own Business, which wins a contract to renovate the Utopian Council’s Century Old Headquarters. Not particularly a history buff, the Salutatorian decides to update the Century Old Headquarters in the most cutting edge styles of the day…

Okay, so maybe I’m over thinking things a bit. laugh

It looks to me like Tempus is trying to ruin Lois and Clark’s relationship by having them try to fix it, resulting in them destroying all the obstacles that made them such a strong Utopia founding couple in the first place. Only, I can’t think how Clark seeming to lose his mind in front of Season 1 Lois would fit in to this theory. I guess I’ll just have to keep reading.

C (Who definitely agrees that she would be much less likely to get confused if there were several posts a day. smile )

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Need...More...Fic!!! grovel

The paint color could simply be that the result of a coin toss, which as we all know, has a probability of 50% heads to 50% tails, or 1/2. That means that if a coin is tossed 100, it should come up heads 50-ish times. With Mayson alive, suppose she and Dan toss a coin to settle something. Whichever end came up, all coin tosses in the *world* are now that much more likely to come up the other way, to fulfil the law of probability. So 200 years later, when someone says "Okay, heads we'll go with green; and tails we'll go with that stupid color *you* like..."

It's a thought, anyway. wink

~•~
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm absolutely loving your theories for why the color paint changed, Noetal and Queen of Capes. Laughed so hard at both explanations that I was actually in tears. Since I never explain it in my story, I'll accept any explanation you guys come up with.

I mean, the paint color changed. And they noticed it. It's not that, suddenly, it had always been that color. You know what I mean? (This stuff gets tricky...)
Good point, Paul. That thought did cross my mind when I was writing, but I kinda cheated and left it in because I wanted the reader to know that there had been a change.

Anyway, as a result of your post, I went back and changed to the voice of the omnipotent third person and wrote this instead:

What no one seemed to notice was that the color paint used on the walls had changed.
It's still sort of a cheat since I write the rest of that section from the POV of the counsel members, but it is probably still better now than the way I had it. So thanks, Paul.

Also, B.J., because of one of your comments, I add something later on to make things on that point a little bit clearer (at least I hope I make it clearer). I suspect you'll know what it is when you come across it in a later post laugh .

As for the time quake idea... I stole that from a movie I saw years ago called Millennium starring Chris Kristopherson and Cheryl Ladd. (Don't worry, I credit it at the end of the story laugh ). Anyway, the way it manifests itself is by having what looked to the outside observer to be an earthquake go through the future society. So I went with that when trying to determine how a change to the past might manifest itself in the future.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming. As Paul mentions, time travel is tricky so if I make a mistake, feel free to point it out so that I can either correct it or come up with some pseudo-scientific explanation for it laugh .

ML wave

Blogger
Blogger
I think Occam's razor demands that I give the "explain the new paint job" contest to Queen of the Capes!

Whichever end came up, all coin tosses in the *world* are now that much more likely to come up the other way, to fulfil the law of probability. So 200 years later, when someone says "Okay, heads we'll go with green; and tails we'll go with that stupid color *you* like..."
rotflol

Although, given the uncountable number of decisions made by the toss of a coin, if this theory is true I'm not sure that the timeline would ever recover. Just think how many pivotal moments in history hinge on Heads vs. Tails.

I'll be much more careful the next time I flip a coin!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard