Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
The reason I’m breaking here is that I want to know if, at this point, everyone knows what is going on. Don’t worry too much if you’re a little confused. After all, this is a little early. I’m just curious if everyone has at least a basic idea about what has happened to Lois and Clark.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - well, I'll jump in and tell you that if I have to wait for this to come out on the archive, I may just have to hunt you down... *eg*

I think I get it - they're kissing - something happens and sends post honeymoon Clark to early S1 and sends post honeymoon Lois to S2 with a Clark who doesn't remember the whole thing [and therefore not the same Clark who was sent back to S1 just waiting to find 'his' Lois from the future]. AHHHH! *head swims and wonders if Doc Brown could help...*

More please smile .
Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Hmmmm, I think that *fingertips tap together* Eeeeeeeeevilness is ensuing. And Brucie likes evilness, don't she? Yes she does!

Aherm! I think that they were sent back to pivotal moments in time where relationships were tested and...

Okay, so obviously, aside from the evilness, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. But we likes it, yes we do!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I get it: Clark got zapped to S1, and Lois got zapped to S2. Now give us the next part!!!!! dance

~•~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
ML,

So glad to see you are posting this. It is a great story that is well worth the read.

Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Columnist
Columnist
wildguy wildguy ARRGH!!!!

Where's the next part! You can't leave us there!

Oh no, I'm addicted to *another* story.

Great start. Can't wait for more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
The only thing I find confusing so far is why Lois doesn't remember that Mayson is dead. confused I would think she would be as surprised about seeing Mayson alive as anything else.
Amy

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
ML,
If I tell you that I'm completely confused, will you send the whole story straight to the archives? Please? Pretty please with Superman on top? (er, that came out more nfic-y than I meant it to blush )

Oh, OK. I'll admit it - - I'm just trying to get more of the story. /me rubs hands together and cackles. wink

I don't think it's too confusing. I follow and love the premise. You write a very sexy post honeymoon elevator scene. drool
When the elevator finally dinged, and he was forced to break his hold on Lois, Clark felt more than a little dazed.
Interesting. This seems to be where Tempus made the switch, but how did he do it? Other than a little dizziness for Clark, there seems to be no warning (no flash of light, no feeling of passing through a time window, no cute swirly colors from when Herbie used his soul-tracking device ... Can't wait to see the explanation.

Hey, Jimmy,” Clark said, his mind most definitely not on his young friend even as some part of his mind wondered if Jimmy had changed his hair color.
<snort!> Ode to switching Jimmy actors? Nice cameo reference for Michael Landes as S1 Jimmy.

I feel sorry for Clark. He's back at stage one with Lois and has to deal with Mad Dog Lane and Luthor all over again. grumble

Lois seems to be ahead in this game - by placing her in S2, she knows the secret, she knows he's a lunkhead, she knows he loves her and she's already worked out her issues. What's Tempus' agenda here? Inquiring minds want to know.

OK, I'm ready for the next chapter. Please post soon,
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooo! New ML story! Cool!

You know, this kind of reminds me of one of my all-time favorite fics: CC Aiken's In A Better Place. That is, it started with thinking about a minor point of (dis)continuity, and it involves HG Wells and L&C being mysteriously taken through time...

But, beyond those superficial similarities... this is a new and interesting take. Taking them both from their happy ending to different, earlier, more troubled times.

Of course, this is all just the set-up. I don't know where things are going from here, but I'm very interested to find out. Just knowing it's an ML story tells me it'll be well worth the read.

I wonder how long they'll stay. There's a lot of potential to fix old mistakes... and potential to make new ones.

I haven't been following too many stories this year (pretty much just the ones that are assigned to me as a GE, these days), but I'll be keeping my eye out for this one!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you guys are following so far. But be warned. We haven't even got to the really confusing part yet wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
ML, I completely get it (for now, anyway) and can't wait for the next part!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Never underestimate the power of a folc denied fic to find someone smile .

Clark didn't notice Lois' hair! I'll have to reread the section to figure out what Lois is still missing... her stuff isn't all over the place at his apartment?

Yay - there will be more before too long!!
Carol

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Argh! grumble You are soooo evil.
Amy, Lois does comment that Mayson is supposed to be dead. But she's processing a lot at the moment. Memory loss. Clark kissing another woman. And she's still missing something (can you tell me what she still isn't seeing?). Don't worry, she'll come back to Mayson in a moment
Er, I think that Carol already mentioned that her stuff isn't all over his apartment, but now I'm worried. Tempus didn't send her to a different time + different dimension did he?

BJ and Paul, now I love the speculation about what is going to happen next. But... if anyone figures out what is going on before I actually tell you (or at least 'why' it's happening), I'll be in awe. I give the clues, but... Well, I can't really say more . But speculate away. I LOVE IT!
Giving us wonderful story tidbits with evil cliffhangers is bad enough, but taunting? That's just plain mean. frown
BJ

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Ooo... Carol, you're two for two! Very good.

Giving us wonderful story tidbits with evil cliffhangers is bad enough, but taunting? That's just plain mean.
laugh

can't wait for the next part!
Oh, well, okay then, Mrs. Mosley. Since you can't wait... I'll be posting within the next half hour or so (assuming nothing goes wrong on this end) laugh

ML wave

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yay!! smile

It's been 20min...

*hits refresh impatiently - ignoring her children and messy house...*
Carol

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
ML,

Given that you don't like to post, I'm really glad you did! So far, I'm following it; boy, are you going to have fun keeping things straight!

And, honestly, I'm kind of glad I get so busy I can't hit the boards every day, because part 2 is up right now.

I'm off to read it!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Blogger
Blogger
Any confusion that I'm feeling is the suspenseful kind, rather than the head scratching kind. What imbroglio has Herb managed to embroil himself in this time? What manner of chaos and irony is Tempus gleefully slopping all over the timeline this time? Just how did Lois and Clark manage to find themselves in their current predicament with little more than a dash of dizziness to show for their unsolicited journey? Are they even in the same dimension any more? How are the unmarried Lois and Clark going to react to the revelations in store for them?

In other words, I’m on the edge of my seat, and even though I definitely should have gone to bed about two hours ago, I’m off to read Part 2…

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard