Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41141 03/28/07 08:37 PM
Sira Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! The pace is picking up and I'm glued to my screen here. I love how Lori manages to get out of that house and I could tear my hair out at the thought how close Meri and Carla were... and Titan.

I'm glad though that they got Fred and it was hilarious when he and Vic both had stunners without batteries. I just love it when the villains outsmart each other...

Poor Carla though... She has no idea what's really going on here. I'm assuming that Meri called for Titan telepathically?

Which brings me to the last tidbit...I'm wondering, didn't Lori still have her earring? Can't she still say quite firmly "Clark" and be rescued immediately? Especially seeing as she seems to be going into labour...

I hope the next part is posted soon. If not the suspense might just kill me... J/K.

Sira

#41142 03/29/07 01:07 AM
Kerth
Kerth
See? Disposable Minion hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#41143 03/29/07 01:55 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Before I wrote this part, I went back and edited the story. It seemed unlikely to me that they would let her keep any jewelry, when science is so advanced in this time that she could be carrying a communication device disguised as anything, so I had them remove her pin, earrings and wedding rings.

Besides, I can't let it be too easy for them to find her <g>.

And yes, Sira, how do you think Titan arrived so fast? wink

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#41144 03/29/07 03:31 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I very much love this part.

One thing, Nan. You fixed one problem with the earrings with your edit, but may have created another. I know the anti-Tempus jewelry is powered by Lori's body... but I don't recall what the deal is with her earrings. If they are not in the bunker with Lori, but up in the house or in another location they will still produce a signal until the power runs out. Even if powered by her metabolism, I doubt it shuts off instantly! :-) While I'd love to have Lori safe from the bad guys, you can't make it THAT easy. So you might add a mention of the jewelry being kept somewhere soundproofed or otherwise blocked from any chance of transmission. That will sew shut a possible plot hole and keep us biting our nails wondering about other details….

...like will Lori's water break and send amniotic fluid gushing from the roof top on a nice sunny day? What a way to reveal your hiding spot!

More soon, please!
Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
#41145 03/29/07 03:50 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oh NAN!!!

This was a great addition to a stinky morning!!!

Please let them find Lori!!!

More soon!!!

Carol [who is underwhelmed by this particular feedback, but still wants to assure Nan she's loving this]

#41146 03/29/07 04:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't got time to leave the comments I'd like to, so I'll restrain myself to two:

Lori rocks! clap notworthy

Fred's a moron. laugh

Looking forward to more,

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#41147 03/29/07 02:22 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great chapter, Nan! I wonder if Meriel and Titan were speaking telepathically.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#41148 03/30/07 07:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great chapter, Nan!

As I'm sure Nan could tell you, Jackie, since I believe she also used to work in OB, there wouldn't be enough amniotic fluid to cause that much of a gush. wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#41149 04/03/07 07:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still loving this story!

Ohhhh, another part is out...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard