Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah!! Another Brave Soul willing to share new stories!! clap dance

This was very nice. I liked the way it started almost like a journal--one of Lois' lists and went from there.
But when he’s not running off, he’s … well, wonderful really. Somehow, when he is around, I feel like I’m the most important person in the world to him. I’ve always felt like that, but recently it’s like he’s opening up more. When I look into his eyes, I see such caring in them. He looks at me with that same engaging, smiling Clark look, and yet his eyes are softer than they used to be. He just makes me feel cared for and … well, loved.
<deep romantic sigh>

And that in a nutshell sums up who Clark is – this strong willed man who won’t compromise on things important to him with the softest brown eyes I’ve ever seen. He has integrity and compassion. He’s the kind of man that Superman would be if Superman were ordinary. Well, perhaps, “if Superman didn’t have powers” is a better way to word it. Clark isn’t ordinary. That’s just the point, isn’t it? If he was, I wouldn’t want him so much.
You know--if she would just step back for a second and think about what she just thought. . . oh well! notworthy

Great story!! More Stories Please grovel

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww! I'm so glad you decided to post! I'm a relative newbie myself, but I'd like to welcome you to the boards! And I absolutely loved the story. It was really cute and well written.

I sort of prefer the way Clark looks when he’s not in a suit and more relaxed. He still has the vulnerable look to his face, this softness. And yet, his body … well, soft is not the word that I’d use to describe Clark’s body.
Mmm... Me either, Lois.

“Or I’ll be dissected like a frog. I know, Dad,” Clark replies, his voice full of pain. Somehow this conversation has veered way off into never neverland.
Way, way off! Poor Lois. Just imagine if you heard your friend's father telling him he'd be dissected like a frog! What must she be thinking?!

well, I don’t even know what to say except to say that it feels like I’m being trite if I describe my feelings for Lois as love. They are so much more than that.”
Awww... laugh

That was wonderful and I hope you post more stories soon!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Great new take on and alternate ending to WWW!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What a nice debut!

But the truth is that some people fall in and out of love multiple times in their lives. You can’t go around telling people just because you love them.
A really excellent point. Relationships change, and you can't "un-tell" someone.

Lovely story, really. I hope we hear from you again soon!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a nice debut! I had a lot of fun at the sweet outrageousness of Lois hiding in Clark's bedrom because she had let herself into his apartment without permission and she had stuffed her mouth full of his chocolate. I'm glad she found out about hs secret, and I'm glad that she later told him about it. This is so sweet:

“Lois?” The voice is strong and unmistakable. I look up and see Superman floating outside my window. He catches sight of my face and comes in closer. “Are you all right?” His eyes look concerned. Even while his posture is still firm and stiff, his eyes are soft. Clark’s eyes.

“I came to see you today,” I say softly and he looks confused. “I came to tell you that I’m in love with you.”
It's Superman who is outside her window, but she sees Clark, and she tells the man who is now Clark to her that she is in love with him. This was great:

“Before I got engaged to Lex, I told you that I would love you even if you were an ordinary man, even if you were living an ordinary life. You didn’t believe me then. I guess that makes sense now, but it turns out I was right. I would still love you if you were an ordinary man living an ordinary life.
Beautiful.

Very nice beginning! Welcome back with more stories.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked your story very much.
So typical Lois, letting herself in, stealing some chocolate and hiding because she has stuffed her mouth too full.

I also loved how you described her reasoning and portrayed their feelings. Especially, Clark's hurt when he thinks Lois is declaring once more her love for Superman.

A revelation with a happy ending on no indeterminate amount of time where Lois is shunning Clark : Perfect! Everything I love most about fanfiction rolled into one sweet package.

Sira - hoping there's more where that came from.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh welcome!

I really enjoyed this story. Very sweet. Like others have said, I can just see Lois sneaking into his house... and the chocolate thing was hilarious.

Thank you for sharing. I'll look forward to more from you.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards and what a nice way to introduce yourself. I liked your story very much!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. A lovely take on the ep.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh I love this. I love scenes where Lois over hears things she isn't supposed to. thumbsup

I hope we get to see more from you. I really enjoyed this little story.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks so much for all the kind words! I have to say the stories on here are all so well written, I was a bit intimidated.

I really appreciate how welcoming and kind you all are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my! You say that this is your first fic and yet it seems like you've been a long time writer. This was such a beautiful and emotional story.

I love the way that Clark explains...attempts to explain his feelings for Lois to Jonathan. It's just so precious. If only every man loved his woman that much...aaah...Okay let me rephrase that...if every man expressed his feelings for his woman like that...

I have said before that I like the revelations where Lois doesn't get angry. This one was right on point!

I really enjoyed this but next time I'll be sure and bring the kleenex. It would be great if you would write again soon.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just beautiful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I need to be getting ready for work... but I loved this story, so I wanted to thank you for posting it. I've re-read it twice already laugh and I'm thinking I should go ahead and print it out. It's just a perfect L&C vignette, for all the reasons people have already listed.

Please write more! We need all the good fic we can get.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
What a wonderful story!

I really enjoyed it. I love revelation stories, I could read them again and again and never get tired of them. I especially liked that they talked about what happened in BatP & HoL. I always felt that there were things that were left unresolved in those episodes.

Thanks for posting!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
party I am so happy that you put this up because I loved it when I first read it and now I am thrilled that others love it too.

Way to go hon! Feel so proud of you..

And I love the way you have Lois narrate things and her thoughts are bang on. Nothing in real life is set out and organised in our heads exactly as we want to say them so I love the way you show that she is constantly trying to get her words arranged in her head before she says anything. And how you show her emotions for Clark. And Clark's confusion at the end is somehow wonderful payback for any pain he has caused her in the process.

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've been surfing backwords tonight, trying to catch up on the little bits here and there that I missed when the boards went bonkers. Glad I did, since this is such a poignant and sweet vignette.

I especially like those stories written from the author's memory, instead of reviewing the episodes, because they tend to capture the feel of a story without getting caught up in meaningless detail.

If I'm not mistaken, WWW takes place during Lois' Dr. Frisken days. The intro reminded me of homework. And yes, while Dan is fun to be around, I can imagine him annoying in the long run.

The idea of Lois getting caught stuffing her face with stolen chocolate is such a hoot. Reminds me of "chocolate flavored cottage cheese--it's the latest thing. I was doing my laundry."

I also like the out that you gave her. Leave it to Martha to think of comfort food.

Nicely done.

Elisabeth

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This is a delightful story. I hope we will see more of this type of tale.

laugh

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard