Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hope you're still enjoying the ride! wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Can you tell that this little story is making my holiday weekend?? I'm still in the yippee! stage dance . I just love it when you rewrite episodes so that they're in character.

The revelation is a hoot! Certainly Kerth-worthy.... smile

And the way she's playing with poor insecure Clark is a delight.

Ready anytime for your to wrap 'er up, Chief.

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh please post again soon! This part was just wonderful! I wanna know what happens next though! (Sorry... I'm really impatient!)

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Oh, right. Um, hi, Superman. Can we go now?"
LOVE IT!! smile1

~Liz (Happy 4th of July!)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh, yay, this part was great! Lois doesn't owe Luthor anything laugh , she admitted that she likes Clark, and the revelation.

I love the revelation! The way she just put the pieces together was so great -- just like I sort of wish they would have done it on the show.

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohmygoodness. Well, I *was* bored with nothing to do at work (yes, it's 4th of July and I'm working. Don't pity me, I get double pay!) until you posted this. It's a great story, and I loved it, until I got to this part.

She looked perplexed. "Well, we can't stay in here, not when they're going to burn all that's left of West River! Clark? Why are you looking at me like that?" Her eyes widened and she blushed. "Oh, right. Um, hi, Superman. Can we go now?"
rotflol Pardon me, I have to find the oxygen mask now. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Pam,

This is just Super! Lois is one step ahead of Clark through this whole section. He is so off balance. I love Lois' reactions to all that she is learning - she's taking it all in stride. It is so in character for her to be anticipating Clark's reactions and keeping him off balance, but it is a totally different confidence we see in her feelings towards a relationship with him. I like this Lois - and I think Clark is pretty happy too. blush

Now, after the adrenaline runs out, will the scary words still be said?

Write-on! thumbsup
Anne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble Well, Luthor can't stay out of the loop.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
I love how understated the revelation is! Very cute, Pam.

Great installment, lots of WAFFy fun, and happy sighs on my part.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Niiice. Well seeing as how everyone else quoted the revelation scene, there's no point in quoting it again. I love it how she flipped out the Superman thing so casually. So Lois. And YAY they're finally getting their act together in the relationship department. Well sort of. Who knows what's going to happen now that she knows the secret.

Jen smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay!!! A revelation! And a lovely one, too. Lois is so cool about it; poor Clark must be a nervous wreck! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
You mean you're going to make us wait two days for the next one? How about posting this evening?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, as everyone else said, I loved the revelation. It was so cute! LOL And I think they're both happier about it. And the relationship thing is moving forward. YAY! BUt the one line that really got me was this:

When Lois was scared, she was quite capable of believing all sorts of things without regard for such mundane matters as evidence.
rotflol So true!!

Hurry up with part 5!
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam,
ditto others
great part and great revelation
more soon please
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, that was neatly done.

Everything followed along in the obvious leading up to the happily ever after type ending. Only one thing the gentle readers forgot...

Pam doesn't like to be predictable, therefore she still has one part left to do something unexpected, like a big nasty WHAM!

Post again soon.

Tank (who would really like to see a big wham, but will settle for a Lois haircut... and a wham wink )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pam,

I also loved the revalation and all that led up to it. It was simple, natural and so perfect.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great revelation! Loved it. Post more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone! smile

Sherry, glad you liked the revelation. I worked hard on that puppy... For a long time, my notes at that stage said "Lois somehow figures it out" and I had no idea how I was going to do it <g>

Blayne, count your blessings wink I could be posting on a once-a-week schedule! goofy

Thanks, Liz! I figured this Lois had less reason to be angry than most -- she's known Clark less than two months, probably, and for half of that time she's known he was hiding *something.* So it's not such a shock on that level. She also knew that Clark had intended to tell her about himself, which helped.

Aww, thanks, Alicia! Yeah, something like this would have been fun on the show, but what the heck -- the beauty of fanfic is that we get to see this moment over and over and over, in as many different ways as we like!

Sorry to make you dive for the oxygen, Karen <g>

Now, after the adrenaline runs out, will the scary words still be said?
That's a very good question, Anne!

Maria, glad you enjoyed the way I kept poor Clark off-balance <g> It's just that I think he's utterly adorable when he's bewildered. smile

Thanks, Irene smile Now where's the next part of New Heights??

Aww, Jen, you could have repeated what everyone else said -- I never get tired of good comments wink But what you did say was pretty good, too -- thanks!

Wendy! Sorry you'll have to wait... but really it's all your own fault, for being on holiday away from net access in the first place! <g> Anyway, I am very glad you're enjoying this, because if it weren't for you and your relentless nagging, it might never have been written.

Love your new avatar, Nan! And I think my posting schedule (such as it was) was pretty darned good, thank you very much <g> I might have posted part 5 earlier, actually, except I got caught up in re-reading the Home series -- and that takes a lot of time.

Oh, I'm glad you liked that line, Caroline! smile

Merry, thanks!

Tank... well... you may be just a teensy-weensy bit disappointed... but hang in there -- you never know what might happen in the next story!

Thanks, Barb. That revelation scene underwent a few changes along the way, but I do like how it ended up.

Laura, I aim to please.

And since I was a lazy author and didn't reply to comments before now, part 5 has been up for hours... thanks to everyone, for sticking with me.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard