Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Ahhhhh.....

Wonderful writing but now I want to go hide under the bed.

Ahhhhh.....

*brain has shut down due to fear*

The Little Tornado.

Post edited by admin: Just correcting the header to read 1/2 instead of 2/2

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooooh! Even more chilling than the first story!

Hurry and post part two, before I have a nightmare or something.

Darcy
*who would post an emoticon, but they're all too happy*

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
He was still there. So friendly, so helpful, so very, very far away.
Great line!

And YES that was even more chilling than the first one!!! Ahh torture... and I liked how you sort of merged that scene in with Perry watching it on video. Very seamless and neat. And may I just ask you to UPDATE UPDATE!?

Please?

It was awesome.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
She wasn't dead. He would know it - somehow - if she was dead. Wouldn't he? Wouldn't he feel something that momentous, that life-changing, in his soul?
Wonderful lines. And great writing. But the torture is close to the limit of what I can take.

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
This is so hot! My jaw dropped open and made myself read slow to soak it in.

When she started to read the letter, my hope of Superman coming was starting to diminish.

"Read this," Burly instructed, holding up a note as he took hold of her left wrist. Shorty wrapped his fingers around her right wrist at the same time
Reading that this man can hold her wrists with one hand shows how strong he is. I panic when I'm restrained even in the safest of situations so this really got to me. Good job! thumbsup

Burly took hold of her ring finger and she let out an involuntary whimper. "No," she whispered, more as a reflex than anything else. The whimper quickly became a moan and then she was screaming...

Perry turned off the television, unable to keep watching. He glanced out the window of his office in time to see Clark coming down the ramp into the newsroom. He knocked on the window, gesturing Clark into his office.
I did a double take to see that we switched to Perry's office. Part of me was relieved to have left that situation. With Perry, I know that something beneficial for Lois will hopefully occur. Well at least I hope that will happen. The other part of me wanted to stay and be with her.

How can anyone go ahead and hurt someone like that? Finger breaking is sooo gross, so painful. Hopefully that is the main worry here (in regards to bodily harm).

He pushed away the possibility that they might have killed her after they had stopped taping. She wasn't dead. He would know it - somehow - if she was dead. Wouldn't he? Wouldn't he feel something that momentous, that life-changing, in his soul?

'Right,' he tortured himself, 'just like you knew when they were torturing her.'
Poor Clark. Don't dwell man. Of course this is Clark so he will go there.

Please find her!

I need more!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek grovel
BJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
She's left-handed," Shorty said. "Her watch is on her right wrist
Eh, actually, she's right handed. Wasn't that the big give-away to the doppleganger in "Madam Ex"?
OMG! I never realized that connection! I just thought maybe the Lois in this story was one of those right-handed people who wear their watch on their right hands!

So maybe the Lois in front of the camera ISN'T Lois? Maybe she's Marie--the girl who Arianna made have plastic surgery so she could LOOK like Lois?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
Eh, actually, she's right handed. Wasn't that the big give-away to the doppleganger in "Madam Ex"?
Yes, that's true. But these guys may not realize that. Since most RH people wear their watch on their left wrist and vice versa, they may be just assuming that Lois falls into the majority.

Very nicely written, taut and suspenseful. I'm on the edge of my seat, willing Clark to find her NOW!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
Ah - but Lois (who is right handed) wears her watch on her right wrist. It's always made me wonder if maybe Teri Hatcher is left handed. huh

Thank you to everyone who has left me feedback! I was worried that I might be crossing a line by actually stating what they did to her. I found it more chilling when it was left to the imagination myself.

Perry: Jimmy, do you know what a man needs at a time like this?
Jimmy: A baseball bat and an alibi?
Church of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah - but Lois (who is right handed) wears her watch on her right wrist. It's always made me wonder if maybe Teri Hatcher is left handed.
Other places in the series, we see Teri holding pencils and things in her right hand though, so she's probably really right-handed. I think she might just be one of those people who wear their watches on the "wrong" hand. Like my sister--she's a lefty, and she wears her watches (when she wears one at all) on her left hand, and my brother (who's a righty) wears his watches on his right hand.

Darcy\'s Place
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
It was just a little detail I tossed in - because I didn't want poor Lois to have her dominant hand broken and because it upped the creep factor to have them ask her.

Perry: Jimmy, do you know what a man needs at a time like this?
Jimmy: A baseball bat and an alibi?
Church of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I was soooo hoping that they were not going to cut off her hand/fingers...

help James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, this story is gooooddd... eek

One of my favourite parts:

He saw Superman's jaw clench, a muscle jumping in his cheek, as they broke her first finger.
I can picture that in my mind so clearly.

Please tell me there'll be more? Soon?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The best scary stories, in my own humble opinion, are those which don't tell everything but leave a great deal to the reader's imagination. That was a tool of both Edgar Allan Poe and H. P. Lovecraft, and they wrote some pretty scary stuff.

Kinda like this story.

This is excellent! It's tense, it's tight, it flows smoothly, and I liked the transition from the torture scene to Perry's office. You were able to go from Lois's pain to Perry's and Superman's pain without any difficult jumps. And the casual brutality of the two men, treating Lois not as a human being but as an impersonal means to an end, is quite chilling also.

Darcy confessed a dark family secret:
Like my sister--she's a lefty, and she wears her watches (when she wears one at all) on her left hand, and my brother (who's a righty) wears his watches on his right hand.
Having read and enjoyed your stories, Darcy, we know what kind of family you must have. I'm sure it's weird and unpredictable but fun to be around.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
More?

I wondered about the who left/right hand thing. I wondered where you were going with that or I was just reading too much into it.

More? wildguy

(side note -sorry- when I search 'scream' in fanfic, this FDK comes up still as "FDK: Scream or OMG! OMG! 2/2" I know this has nothing to do with the poster...I'm just confused.)

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I hope that this story will get finished--so creepy! Plus, then there can be lots of angst after Superman rescues Lois. We are going to get a happy ending after all this, right?

Features Writer
Features Writer
I want more of this too! *poke* *poke*

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, yes.. please post the end of this? [Linked Image]

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard