Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
WOOHOO!!!

Haven't read it yet, but this makes my day!!!

Carol [dashes off, reads it, posts again to get beyond being a hack, then changes the title, but isn't so good at the catchy names and will gladly take suggestions for other ones]

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so Fred is worse than Ralph. And the little *tries to come up with some not quite off color word but fails* whatever thinks that she just rode Clark's coattails and that her degree basically counts for nothing? *looks for raised eyebrow smilie*

And FINALLY - Clark gets to do something. The more I think about it, the more okay I am with him playing decoy because of the lack of Kryptonite. Now, if you spring some on us, I may have to come over to your house, and well... beat you with a wet noodle is out because then we'd never get those other HOME stories that you promised in the last FDK folder. Unless of course beating you with said noodle would get you to actually tell me those stories before any of the rest of FoLCdom got to see them....

Carol [who is shamelessly post padding a bit because she really doesn't want to be a hack from nowheresville for long]

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Clark as bait. Love it. I'm just suprised they didn't do it earlier.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
If I'm reading the family tree right, Brent is unattached. And that means Velma might get more than scenery out of this! smile1

But... I'm confused. confused Didn't Velma say in the last installment that she didn't want Clark taken prisoner unless they had no other choice? She wanted to explore other angles first? Did I miss something that changed her mind firmly to putting Clark out there as bait? Not that I MIND Clark being bait. Lori needs to see her hubby! huh I can't say I mind him getting what's coming, though. I don't think stealing one stunner's battery is going to save his miserable neck. And if he so much as touches a hair on Lori's head, he might find out just how weak that neck is in the hands of a certain super-powered Kryptonian. Clark won't kill him... but he can make him cough a lot!

So when ya gonna post more, huh? We're waiting! Lori's waiting!

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This does not improve my opinion of Fred. It explains a lot, but the boy's just not likeable. I don't know if I want him to get away or not... although as Lori says, if he escapes Gaia's Goons, he'll still have to face Clark.

Oliver should obviously transfer to the Metropolis PD laugh

And this line was classic:

We don't mistreat prisoners. Ms. Lyons will be treated in a humane fashion until her trial and execution.
They're such humanitarians. :rolleyes:

Jackie, Velma didn't object to using Clark as bait, as such, she just didn't want it to be their *only* option. She's got the membership list now, so that's something to go on.

PJ
p.s., more please!

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Good post... yeah... Fred is the disposible minion laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*grins happily*
Aye, Fred has it coming and I'm not in the least bit sympathizing with him. *nods firmly*
Lori is great. How she talks back to Fred despite everything... Just shows why she's the one who got our dear Clark! ^^
Hehe, just like Jackie I went to check the family tree... hmmm,... Velma and Oliver? Why not? Happiness for every good guy and girl!
No, seriously, I love the way she's ogling him and I so hope that he is unattached.

Sira - waiting for more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
This does not improve my opinion of Fred. It explains a lot, but the boy's just not likeable.
PJ
p.s., more please!
It also proves that Lori is a better person, too.

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lori has so much spunk. I loved her sticking the doubts into Fred's mind. Maybe when they decide to eliminate Fred, his stealing of the battery will give him just enough time to tip off one of the Supermen.

Nice chapter, Nan. thumbsup
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got a yuck out of this:
His editor, John Olsen, hadn't been particularly impressed with his submissions and had told him that, if he wanted to actually write for the news service, he needed to take a few courses in the subject and learn to spell. Creative spelling simply wasn't the norm at a news service, and spelling and grammar checkers weren't perfect. He had better things to do with his time, in his position as managing editor, than correct ordinary spelling that should have been learned in grammar school. Besides, didn't Fred have a dictionary program available?
The way you get into the head of the bad guys is amazing.
Great part.
Yes, Oliver is single.
Keep it coming. I'm gone for 2 weeks, so if I don't post feedback don't worry. As the governator says "I'll be back."
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Isn’t it amazing that there are really people like Fred in the world?

Great part, Nan!

I hope Oliver and Velma get together!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard