Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Great final!!! I don't know whether to clamour for a sequel or not. There are still many issues our favourite couple has to deal with, but, from the way you leave them, I think they can handle just about everything.

But when he looked around he saw that Lois had wandered off to her desk. He excused himself to go find her. “I’m sorry for the interruption, but I really need to give this deposition.”

Lois barely glanced up as she told him, “No problem. I understand.”
I don't think she understands at all. Well, maybe a little.

Clark struggled to stifle a grin. The idea of working for Lois was laughable, even if she was talented.
Just wait a few years, and this very scenario might be reality.

“I suppose I could spare you for one afternoon. But hurry back,” she instructed him.

“Yes, ma’am,” he politely agreed. He smiled at Mayson and led her away from the newsroom straight-faced.

But he couldn’t keep the smirk off his face as Lois called after him, “And no monkey business.”
razz , Clark! You were bound to lose this one. hyper
party

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! A yes at last!

But she still hasn't found out the secret.

SEQUEL! smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Elisabeth...this has been an absolutely wonderful story to follow. It's really cool how you said so much without using a lot of words.

Though Lois doesn't know Clark's secret, I think she can surely handle it. After all he did start to tell her about some of his gifts earlier.

The fudge royal ice cream and the doule fudge crunch bars...didn't Lois realize that she had been set up? It was hopeless after that.

Finally she has started to trust Clark. I agree that a sequel would be in order! Well done!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really loved this story. Even if I didn't get a chance to review every single chapter I was avidly following it. You have me hooked!

I do hope there is a sequel in the works? Please tell me there is!
grovel

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - there's no way that should be the end!!!

Sure, they're going out on a date and I loved the way Lois got rid of Mayson, but....

MORE!!!! smile
Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, this kind of ending usually means a sequel. You left a lot of possibilities dangling and plenty of loose ends that should be sewn up in another story -- or two. wink

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
She says yes, finally!
But the question he posed, she knew just how to answer. “Does that mean you’re available for dinner?”

Her mouth curved upward as she tugged him closer. “Oui.”
I'd like a sequal as well, but you ended it in a nice place in the perfect way.

Originally posted by Olympe:
Lois, you're so caught! There is no chance you can get away from him now. Not the way he knows how to feed you. I wonder if Clark did it on purpose.
Yup, I'm sure he did. Lois made her fatal mistake informing Clark that she really loves chocolate.

Great story - thanks for posting,
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Elisabeth, I already gave you all my comments in my beta to you. I loved how jealous Lois was of Mayson and how she ran her off. <g>

You know I enjoyed this and I thought you ended it very well...

That having been said, though, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing you continue it at some point...

<g>

Thanks for taking me along for the ride. It was fun!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Blogger
Blogger
Hello, Elisabeth!

Although I never left any feedback, blush I greatly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for writing it!

Mae

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry it’s taken me so long to leave feedback. I’m really behind in my reading right now.

(Classicalla, your fashion sense is much better than mine.)
giggles...

“And no monkey business.”
Lois has staked her claim!

I loved the mention of Clark’s stash of double fudge crunch bars. He probably put them for her.

With nothing better to do, Lois found herself reading. And there it was as plain as day, “By Lois Lane and Clark Kent.”
Finally Lois sees it!

Of course she wasn’t getting all gussied up, like she had for the big interview.
Bet you knew I’d like that, huh?

You do know this screams sequel, don't you?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Smashing ending!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Comments from D8a

“So if you would be willing to excuse Clark for the afternoon,” Mayson continued, “you would be doing a favor not only to the city of Metropolis, but even beyond the borders of New Troy.” rotflol
He struggled to stifle a grin. The idea of working for Lois was laughable, even if she was talented. With a tiny desk in the far back of the newsroom, there was no way she looked at all like a supervisor, unless you took into account her commanding presence and editor-like scowl.

Lois caught his eye. Her earlier irritation seemed to have faded into the mist. He could tell she was silently deciding how she wanted to play this one out. “I understand,” she carefully told Mayson before turning her attention fully to Clark. “I suppose I could spare you for one afternoon. But hurry back,” she instructed him.

“Yes, ma’am,” he politely agreed. He smiled at Mayson and led her away from the newsroom straight-faced.

But he couldn’t keep the smirk off his face as Lois called after him, “And no monkey business.”
:ROFL

“Reform school,” he whispered. “It was a bum rap, but I learned a lot of useful things there.” He glanced around the room nervously before offering. “You want me to show you?”
I wonder if that is where he learned his hacking skills???

Clark Kent had a secret, and she was bound and determined to discover what it was.
Oh, dear!

The place just reminded her a little too much of Clark. What if he returned in the middle of the night and joined her? She scurried out of bed and jogged over to the kitchen. It took a bit of jiggling, but she managed to prop a chair securely under the front door’s knob.
Just a little bit paraniod still...

She felt silly as she climbed back into bed. If Clark had wanted to take advantage of her, he would have done it the last time she had visited. She remembered trying to tug him into the bedroom, but he was an immovable force in his resistance of her charms.
Yeah for the white knight from Smallville!

It wasn’t milk in the fridge that caught her fancy, though. It was the rocky road ice cream in the freezer.
Funny, I always look for drinkable milk in my freezer, too...

With nothing better to do, Lois found herself reading. And there it was as plain as day, “By Lois Lane and Clark Kent.”
HA!

“How was your hiking?”

Clark grinned to her annoyance. He obviously was enjoying his little secret, but she was sure to find him out sooner or later.

“It was as good, as always,” he reported.

“You ought to take me along sometime,” she suggested, coyly.

He shook his head. “You couldn’t handle it.” Her glare was so worth every dig. Still, the night was young and he didn’t want her to get too riled up. “Remember; you’re not even up to a little date among friends. You certainly wouldn’t want to commit to an entire weekend with me…” His eyes held her captive as he closed the space between them. “…just the two of us… alone in the woods.”
Woo-Hoo!

He followed her into the living room and debated where the best place was to sit: in the chair across from her where he could best make eye contact or on the couch next to her where his knee could accidentally bump hers. He sat on the couch.
Good choice!

I would have quoted the entire next section, but I was equally blown away by Lois's sharing (though I knew where she was heading) and then tickled that she was giving Clark the third degree with 20 questions (A game, as an adult , that I can no longer play because I know too many exceptions...)

“I was in the neighborhood,” Mayson explained, “and thought we could go over some facts.”
Oh, how pathetic can you be, woman! Show a little restraint! Your a DA for goodness sakes!!!

“Sure, we could do that,” he quickly agreed, knowing why she wanted to get this case in court in such a hurry.
And Clark is sooo dense, and I am not talking molecularly here.

And as for the rest of the story... party

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Great final!!! I don't know whether to clamour for a sequel or not. There are still many issues our favourite couple has to deal with, but, from the way you leave them, I think they can handle just about everything.
Thanks, Olympe. There's no sequel in the works. (Actually, I'm so immersed in the next project(s) that I forgot there was feedback still on this one. Thanks to James for pushing me back on the boards.)

Doesn't help against someone who can come in through the window... But Clark wouldn't do that, would he?
You had me laughing out loud on that one. Hey, you are going to tell us all what 'Bien sure' means, right? The only language (other than English) that I really speak is sign and I didn't use that one.

Sorry, Darcy; sorry, Sheila, but I'll leave the revelations for another story.

The fudge royal ice cream and the doule fudge crunch bars...didn't Lois realize that she had been set up? It was hopeless after that.
You've heard the one about the way to a man's heart...? Yeah, Clark has, too.

Thanks, JoJo and all my readers, for all the feedback you did leave. You're a real encouragement to me.

Welcome, Carol. I'm glad you liked the date and Mayson, but that's all she wrote.

Nan, you're the queen of the sequel. I bow to your supreme fanfic prowess.

Welcome, BJ. You have a great memory. Of course, Lois had mentioned her favorite ice cream in passing and picked out Double Fudge Crunch from the vending machine. That was her fatal mistake.

My hats off to you, DJ. You are a fantastic beta reader--that great blend of seven parts encouragement, two parts of grammatical correction and one part, "Say what?"

Hello, Supersweet. I'm honored that a lurker would picked my humble story for feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Classicalla, you were much more prompt with your feedback than I was. On the other hand, I'm two-thirds of the way done with the next story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course she wasn’t getting all gussied up, like she had for the big interview.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bet you knew I’d like that, huh?
You're so easy to please.

Also, about the headline... there was no way I was fooling my intelligent readers. (In fact, I was surprised you, as a group, didn't see Lois's lifestory for what it was two seconds after she started. You all are a hard group to surprise.)

Thanks, JD.

Funny, I always look for drinkable milk in my freezer, too...
That's because your muse puts away the groceries in the most unusual places. It's a good thing we have a lock on the pantry or the milk may end up there.

D8a cringed. His Muse was smiling. "I'm brainstorming with Elisabeth, nightly."
That's what we're calling it these days. Honestly, if you all knew what a great timetwister of a story he was writing, you would all clap your hands and say, "I believe in muses. I believe in muses."

Thanks, all. I'll be seeing you on the next story.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
You had me laughing out loud on that one. Hey, you are going to tell us all what 'Bien sure' means, right? The only language (other than English) that I really speak is sign and I didn't use that one.
I only speak English fluently, but I've taken French classes--it's just been a while. So, I can explain what "bien sûre" (although if I remember correctly, it should be "bien sûr") means. It basically means "of course!"

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard