Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40521 03/17/07 03:05 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Mind you, I'm curious about who the other three might be...

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo - I'm curious about the other 3 as well. I don't like the idea of them using Clark as bait... though you haven't said that it did occur to me. All the known Kryptonite has been destroyed, but that doesn't mean someone doesn't have some.

Over a hundred supermen!!!! WOW!!!
More soon!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, at least we know they've got great respect for Lori... even if they don't think she's important enough to merit a gathering of all the supermen. I think I like the idea of using Clark for bait; he's got a communications system they'll never be able to block. Um, assuming he's conscious.

Anyway... more!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Can lead block the communications??

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
To answer questions, the other three will appear in later stories. (You can't expect all the answers to the Kent family secrets in one story wink ) And no, lead can't block telepathic communications. I do, however, have a few more obstacles to throw in the way before the situation is resolved. evil

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loved it! I'd been waiting for Clark to alert Lori's parents and was glad to see he remembered to do so. And I keep waiting for Clark to figure out that he might be a target as well as Lori and put himself in a position to be grabbed. Given his long life and all his experience, I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it. OTOH, he's not exactly calm and rational right now! Glad the police have considered the option.

I'm really looking forward to more. I love the whole Home series.

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
really good I hope that her mom doesn't go tring to look for her.

Shelley
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nice chapter. I love meeting new supermen! Tanzanika??? I'd to get the back story on that! And now I'm going be wondering who the other three are...

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
To answer questions, the other three will appear in later stories. (You can't expect all the answers to the Kent family secrets in one story wink )
Nan
Oh, good, more of Nan's Home series. D8a will be thrilled.

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Still waiting for more.

Shelley
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hehe, more Home-goodness! *is happy*

Hmmm, I'm also a bit confused... does that mean that Rob and Mariann are in on the secret now, too? Do they count for the "three" others or is Oliver just not yet up to date?

I gather Rob and Mariann were just so overwhelmed that the reaction will set in later, right?

All in all, I'm glued. I can't wait to see what happens next, even if Nan's going to throw in some roadblocks...

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sira, Rob and Mariann learned the big secret in Home: Obsession. The list of all the series, in order, can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/~chiefpam/series_guide_for_nan_smith.htm

Pam very nicely put them in order for confused Folcs laugh . I'll have to email her with the few more that aren't on the list at the present, but they're pretty much all there.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by D8a's Muse. Accept no substitutes.:
D8a will be thrilled.

D8a's Muse.
Okay - I have no intention of thread highjacking or anything and I haven't read the nick thread in OT, but after HOW many years now, I have FINALLY gotten this nick.

D8a. Data. Like the guy from ST: TNG [I think].

Sheesh.
Carol [who really needs a HOME fix...]

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed this installment (Actually, I've read most of the Home series but was remiss in sending FDK. I love it, BTW).

"Lori had a folder on her laptop about Gaia's Children from the 'Mayflower' investigation. I copied it for you. It looked like she set up a way to get into their computer network when she hacked in the first time, That might save you some trouble."
Go Lori! Future incarnations of Lois Lane might still be prone to dangle above the jaws of death, but at least she's computer savvy.

"But the emergency is over," the other man said.

"They don't know that," Lori pointed out. "For all they know, there could be another attack any minute."

They looked at each other. The driver shook his head. "I don't know," he said. "I suppose it's possible."
Good at thinking fast on her feet. Nice work, Lori. You probably just saved the whole family secret and gave Clark the opportunity to get 'caught' right there.

"Well --" Brent produced a pin drive for a computer. "How about a complete list of their membership -- one that's not available to the public?"

Velma almost snatched it out of his hand. "Why didn't you say so? I've been trying to get hold of this for hours!"
Velma and Brent are about to bust this wide open, right? This story is only going to have about 2 or 3 more parts (she asks stupidly even though she's read enough of Nan's work to know that it'll be more like 25-30 more parts wink )

BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam very nicely put them in order for confused Folcs
Originally, I put it together for confused Pam laugh But then I thought it might be helpful to share... and anything to encourage Nan to write more, right?

PJ
who knows she's a wee bit behind in updating it but will get to it soon, really...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Nan:
Sira, Rob and Mariann learned the big secret in Home: Obsession. The list of all the series, in order, can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/~chiefpam/series_guide_for_nan_smith.htm
*whacks her head on the table* I read that story.... how could I have forgotten that?!....

At least I was not the only one... Maybe reading it once wasn't enough... But thanks for the pointer, Nan!

Sira - *is off to read the next part*

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm extremely curious to know who the other three are, too!

Great part, Nan.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard