Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
While I know I'm going to get strung up for that cliffhanger, I wanted to thank all of you for reading and commenting on this story and sticking with it through such an incredibly long ride. I am currently working on The Long Road Home, so the wait to find out what will happen next shouldn't be interminable.

Again, thanks so much for reading, commenting, and gently nagging when I needed it.

Regards,

Rac

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
wildguy

They're coming for you.

wildguy wildguy

They're going to find you.

wildguy wildguy wildguy

They will have even less mercy than you have had.

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

I cannot believe that you'd leave us here! A good cliffhanger is one thing, but now we have to wait to see if Enza somehow survives! We have to wait to find out how Talan reacts to Clark's nearly fatal wound! We have to wait to see if Zara is really dead! We have to wait to see if her brother makes it!

At least Rae Et and Nor are out of the picture now. At least those two won't be creating any more havoc. But how will Lok Sim handle it if Enza is gone? How will Ching put one foot in front of the other if Zara is gone? How will any of us survive until we see the next chapter?

And I'll bet you'll spend the first chapter of the next story focusing on Lois just to torture us even more! Arrgh!

Great story, by the way. Outstanding writing. Wonderful characterizations all the way around. And Enza thoughts as she faced what she believes is her imminent death very nearly brought tears to my eyes. You've outdone yourself, Rac.

And you've nearly killed us, too!

wildguy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I just went back and read the last (ha!) chapter again. As I thought I remembered, Clark shot and killed Nor with a point-blank shot. That's going to play havok with him as he recovers (again!) from his wounds.

I also noticed, Rac, that you never actually told us that Rae Et was dead. You showed her getting shot - twice - you showed us the rebel transport being blown apart and the pilot struggling for a survivable impact, but you never showed us the actual crash, and you never really showed us Rae Et's lifeless body. She's dodged the Grim Reaper before, so it's barely possible that she'll survive this somehow and maybe she'll face justice. Of course, she'll be so devastated by Nor's death that she'll probably go crazy, assuming she does somehow live through multiple bullet wounds followed by a crash landing. But I think she'll live somehow. Just because you're that evil.

And we don't know for certain that Zara is dead, either. We don't know that Enza died defending the children, although her position is about as untenable as it gets. Dek Ra is hurt, but we don't know how badly. And we don't know if Clark still has Lois's ring on the chain around his neck.

Even after the second reading, I still got goosebumps. Sheesh. You'd think I'd know better than to expect closure already.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
As I was reading the last chapter, it started to dawn on me that the chapter wasn't long enough to resolve itself unless you left us with a complete massacre - everyone dead, and the last paragraph Lois looking up at a starless night sky realizing she'd never see Clark again.

Well, even though you put off the resolution for a hopefully not "interminable" time in the future, I'm so glad that the chapter ended with some hope.

It's a whole other story to see Clark come home with all of his emotional wounds, dealing with a son he doesn't know he has and a Lois who has changed dramatically since becoming UltraWoman.

I look forward to the next journey!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I love a good cliffhanger and I have to admit that this was quite a doozy. Actually, it was several cliffhangers.

Unfortunately, that didn't really allow us to call this the final chapter of the second story of the full arc. Not that you shouldn't leave some roll over into the next story. You should. There wouldn't be the proper level of anticipation for the next part. It's just that we have too many unresolved plot points to address before the story can move onto the 'intended' focus of the last part of the arc; that of Clark's going home and his rentry into his old life.

There is going to have to be way too much time spent on New Krypton getting this incredible mess straightened out before we can get back to earth... unless... mmmmmmm, maybe that's the point. We aren't going to see any resolution of the chaos on New Krypton.

Yeah, that's it. I was right all along. New Krypton will go down in flames and maybe Clark won't even survive. Then the whole point of the last part of the trilogy will be Lois' final acceptance of her fate, and how she handles it.

I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Tank (who is still holding out for that trip to Minnesota for Lois... without the kid)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just wanted to say what an evil evil thing to do...

However, I know you love to keep us hanging wink

Well done! A wonderful, heartwrenching and inspiring tale that just takes you on one awesome roller coster ride.

Thanks so much for continuing on and giving us great details of New Krypton (good times and bad). Great job! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Oh my!!! You can't just leave us hanging there!!!!! Somehow I just knew that part 71 was not truly going to be the last part!

More, soon, please!

Jo

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Okay, so I'll admit, I'm an incredibly bad person. It was a lousy, rotten, extremely mean place for me to end this story, but I am about to start posting "The Long Road Home." A lot, but not all, of the really nasty cliffhangers will be resolved in the first post.

First of all, thanks to all of you for coming along this extraordinarily long, taxing, and trying ride. I hope it wasn't all frustration.

Terry, thank you for reading and commenting on every part so faithfully. I really do appreciate all your encouragement and your very thoughtful feedback. And you're right, we haven't seen any bodies, but someone certainly did die in the last part. In just a short while, we'll see who.

More is coming up soon, Maria. It should answer many of your questions and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Chris, thanks for your comments. More is coming up soon. I know I left this story hanging in a pretty terrible place. The next story will indeed be a journey, too (though I promise, not many posts will be spent on the NK story). I hope I manage to write it well - it is a pretty daunting undertaking.

Hi Tank. I was hoping you'd enjoy this. It is almost a Tank Ending. I maintain, however, that Lois and the kid are pretty much a matched set.

Thanks, LLWB. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Jo, Part 71 was the end of this part of the tale, but it's certainly not the end of the story. More is on its way.

Thank you all so much for your comments and your encouragement all along the very, very long way.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard