Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
alcyone Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I really like how you developed Cat's character, she's such an anchor for the story. You wouldn't expect it from the one dimensional treatment she gets in the series, but that points at the reason I like fanfiction--to explore what the show didn't.

“About babies, about a lot of things. My life certainly isn’t what I envisioned it would be when I was in college.”

Cath smiled. “You know, I’ve learned something over the past three years.”

“What’s that?”

“That whatever you’re doing, whatever thing you’re going through for the first time, it’s not like you thought it would be.”
I really agree with this. It's really lovely to see it come up here as the closing idea of the fic. Especially because it links very well to how this fic and its prequel stands for the readers as being an unexpected (and difficult) path to our heroes getting together.

“Yes.” Lois waited for Cath to respond, but she didn’t. Lois sighed. “He has these dreams sometimes.”

“Bad ones?”

“Yes. Last week he sat straight up in bed and yelled something like ‘No, no, I won’t, I won’t!’ Then he woke up. He was coated with sweat and breathing hard. When I asked him what he was dreaming about, he didn’t want to tell me but I finally wormed it out of him. He said that Bill Church was standing in front of him with his shirt pulled open, daring him to rip his heart out again.”
Consider me appeased. I read your reply to my comment last time and thought that perhaps it was a case of my personal preferences horning in. I think this fic moves forward more through facts and events. I haven't noticed a lot of description, but quite a bit of dialogue (to the point that it seems that you mean to describe using dialogue). If I'm correct, I think that's what throws me off, since I often look to description automatically when I make my inferences (well, in the abscence of introspection). But this says more about how I read than the story itself.

And to add to that, you're right--I should have kept in mind that that the fic is mostly from Lois' perspective (I haven't decided yet what perspective I tend to favor...probably the one who's angsting the most at the moment, ha). Anyway I think this exchange specifically does work wonders in the "showing" department--it's enough to convince me that there's quite a bit that Clark is dealing with.

It's a good ending, hopeful, optimistic without losing the realism that makes it so interesting. Definitely keeping it in mind for the next Kerths.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This was a great tie-up, Terry!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
What a horrible, terrible thing to do to Lois. You allow her and Clark to survive their ordeal, and to come together in what they figure will be their happy ever after. Then what do you do? You destroy it all.

You might as well of had Superman thrown in prison for life, and have Lois die a bitter and broken old spinster. They'd both have been better off.

This is worse than any so-called Tank ending could ever be.

Tank (who points out that this is the true definition of evil in fanfiction)

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I personally liked the ending. Face it, Tank, if your view prevailed, the human race would have died out long ago. goofy In the real world, love and marriage usually lead to the next step -- kids.

Actually, on the subject of the story, I think this was a good tie-up. It did bring out that Clark will probably be wrestling certain demons for the rest of his life, which will keep Superman on the straight and narrow. Not all terrible things that happen in life have only bad consequences in the end. Lois and he have finally settled the situation between them, and life, as they say, goes on.

I like it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! goofy

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
Let me get this straight. Tank likes them getting together, but not having kids. Tank obviously is in league with Tempus in trying to prevent Utopia. Either that, or Tank wants Clark to have kids with someone else, and leave Lois for him. Is that it?

Terry, I loved the way you used one "scene" to deal with a whole lot of things. Using the conversation between Lois and Cath to resolve all those unfinished story lines was brilliant.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Terry, I loved this epilogue. It gave us so much of what I personally want to find in an LnC fic - warmth, love, humour, hope for the future.

Your epilogue concentrated on those two persons who in my opinion have definitely been the two most memorable characters in The Maysonry of Life and Rebuilding Superman, namely, Lois and Cath. It has been just great to see these two ladies together:

Cath leaned forward and whipped her head around so that her hair flew out and then settled stylishly over one shoulder. “My dear doctor,” she intoned, “I have been ready to go home since before I arrived.”

“Yes, I know, and I’m glad you’re finally leaving.”

Lois stopped short. “What? What’s wrong? Why are you so glad that Cath is leaving?”

“Are you kidding? This new mother has all the female nurses jealous of her and all the male nurses drooling over her. We can’t get any work done with her around! Six days of Catharine Grant-Mooney is about five too many for this hospital.”

Lois joined in their laughter as she realized that they were only teasing each other.
There is so much friendly banter going on between Lois and Cath all the time - except here, of course, the female doctor, Dr. Amundsen, was doing much of the bantering.

“Thanks, Dr. Amundsen. You want me to take over now?”

The doctor shook her head. “I have to take her all the way to her transportation. Hospital policy. And I thought I told you to call me Cindy!”

Cath flashed a grin at Lois. “You did, Doc, but Lois rarely does what she’s told. Just ask her husband.”
So warm. So funny.

Lois narrowed her eyes at her friend. “You’d better be nice to me or I won’t tell you about the coming-home party Clay’s waiting to throw for you.”

Cath laughed again. “I already knew about it. Clark spilled the beans when you two were here yesterday.”

“Then let’s get to it. Can’t have a party without the guest of honor. Dr. Amundsen – “

“It’s Cindy!”

“Okay, Cindy. Is there anything I need to know before I take her home?”

“I don’t think so. Just make sure she doesn’t strain herself when she goes back to work.”

“She won’t.” Lois gave Cath a friendly glare. “I’ll see to it.”
Ahh, Lois can finally be trained to call Dr Amundsen Cindy - and she is sure as heck going to see to it that Cath doesn't strain herself when she goes back to work. I love that friendly glare.

Lois pushed the outside door open and then trotted ahead of the wheelchair to open her Jeep’s passenger door. Cath groaned. “Not the Jeep, Lois! I gave you the keys to my Porsche!”

“You did. And I traded it in for a Chevy mini-van.”

“WHAT?”

“Clay was very helpful. He signed all the papers and everything.”

“You’d better be kidding or I’ll – “

“Hey! You two stop that! Doctor’s orders! Cath, you can’t drive Melinda around in a Porsche convertible and you know it.”

Cath’s face fell as she clambered up into the Jeep. “Oh, all right! I suppose it’s time for me to grow up.”

“Yes, it is. Now you and Lois go have your party. I’ll see you and that beautiful baby in another five weeks.”

“Yes, Doctor. Of course, Doctor. May I go now, Doctor?”

“Please do. Drive safely, Lois!”
Aaahhh, Cath's horror at losing her beloved Porsche! I remember when Cath drove Lois in her Porsche in Rebuilding Superman and Lois honestly didn't seem sure she'd survive the trip. Cath appeared to be truly hurt at that, and things were a bit strained between her and Lois for a little while. Now Lois and Clay have traded her Porsche in for a mini-van! How hysterically funny is that?

“Do you need to pick up anything before you go home, Cath, or do you just want to see your husband and daughter?”

Cath pointed forward. “Family first. Anything else can wait.”

Lois chuckled. “Those are words I never thought I’d hear coming out of your mouth.”
Well, I didn't think I'd hear them either. But it is so in character and so believable for this Cath to say them.

“Me neither. But I’m so thankful that I found Clay.” She sniffed. “And I’m so glad we have Melinda. She’s really a miracle baby.”
How moving this is. Cath is thinking about both the wonderfully good and the sad things about her life, and she can't help sniffling a little.

They drove in silence for several blocks, then Lois said, “Do you mind if I ask you some – some personal questions?”

“No, of course not. What do you want to know?”
This is a wonderful thing about Lois and Cath, Terry. They really, really can talk about everything.

“I was wondering – I mean, how do you feel – knowing that you won’t have any more children?”
How absolutely wonderful it is that Cath could have her baby, and that both mother and baby were okay. And how sad it is that she can't have any more children, because of what Bill Church did to her.

Cath sighed. “I’m not sure how I feel. One the one hand, I’m glad I won’t ever again spend a week in the hospital after giving birth. I almost died.”

“I know. You had us really worried for about twelve hours, girlfriend. Clay was so scared, and he didn’t want us to know how scared he was. You lost a ton of blood.”

“I’m sorry you were all worried. But I’m better now. And now that my tubes are tied, I won’t go through that again.”
Good. And so sad.

“Oh, I don’t know. The Whisper ran a story last week about a couple who had a baby despite the husband’s vasectomy and the wife’s tied-off tubes. Who knows? Maybe you’ll beat the odds too.”
Yeah! The Whisper! Reminds me of something I read in the National Enquirer many years ago - that when the King of Sweden was busy romancing the woman who would later be his queen, he used to have a well-known Swedish TV reporter stand in for him at official events so he could stay away himself, and nobody noted the difference. Sure! How likely is that? So yeah, I'm sure that couple had a baby despite the husband's vasectomy and the wife's tied-off tubes if the Whisper tells us so!

“Bite your tongue, girl. No, bite it harder. Make it bleed.”

Lois laughed. “Okay, okay! I get the message.”

“Good.”
You tell her, Cath. Because she won't take offense.

They rode in silence for another minute. “Uh, Cath?”

“Yes?”

“You said ‘on the one hand.’ What about the other hand?”

Cath relaxed and smiled. “When I held Melinda for the first time, it was like being part of a miracle. And in more ways than just the one. I’d almost be willing to risk it all one more time just to hold another baby in my arms.”
I'm glad Cath told Lois about this. And I feel so sorry for her, and so angry about what Bill Church did to her.

Cath smiled. “You know, I’ve learned something over the past three years.”

“What’s that?”

“That whatever you’re doing, whatever thing you’re going through for the first time, it’s not like you thought it would be.”
I love this, how Cath starts discussing life in general with Lois.

“When Clay and I got married, it wasn’t like I thought it would be. Oh, don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad, in fact it was great, but it was just different from what I expected. I didn’t expect him to be as much a morning person as he is. I didn’t expect to argue about who does what household chores, and I sure didn’t expect him to insist on doing the dishes! He has this particular way he loads the dishwasher that I can’t watch because it drives me nuts, so I just let him do it.”
This is so funny. Ahh, the little things that drive us nuts.

“Okay. What else?”

“Well, I expected him to be loving and attentive, but I didn’t expect him to be so tender. You know how strong he is, right? Well, he has the softest touch of any man I’ve ever met. His fingers are so – “

Lois’s eyes bulged. “Hold it! I think you’re about to give me too much information here.”
Oh, so funny! And so adorably sweet, too. What a tribute this is from Cath to her husband.

“And when I was pregnant, it wasn’t like I thought it would be. Sometimes I almost forgot about the baby for a little while, and other times I couldn’t think of anything else. I was lucky that I didn’t have much morning sickness, but I didn’t expect the constipation in the last trimester. Believe me, that’s no fun at any time, but especially not when you’re pregnant.”
I love the realism here. Yes, Cath would tell Lois about her pregnancy constipation.

“And I got to talk to several other women who’ve just had babies this last week. Most of them are repeat customers, and they all told me that being a mother was great, that they wouldn’t stop being mothers for all the tea in China, but that it wasn’t like they thought it would be.”

“How so?”

“One woman told me that her oldest daughter is almost seventeen and already has a police record for burglary and misdemeanor drug possession, but her fourteen-year-old girl is an honor student and student council president and a volunteer in a nursing home and she couldn’t be prouder of her. Yet she loves both of them. She doesn’t like what the older one is doing, but she loves the girl anyway.”
So moving. I remember you told me how you disapproved of how I had Jonathan apparently reject Clark when Clark had an alien body in my story Sara Lois Rose. You told me that you couldn't imagine not loving your own child. The above quote is certainly a tribute to that sentiment.

“So, you’re saying you don’t know what the future holds but you’re going to live through it anyway?”

“That’s part of it. But the other part is that even if it isn’t like you thought it would be, there are plenty of good things about it.”
This is also very moving, especially when spoken by a woman who almost died giving birth. Life isn't what you expected it to be, but it is good.

Cath waited until they stopped at a traffic light. “So, how’s the newlywed thing working out for you? Still late for work at least once a week, even after almost five months?”

Lois blushed slightly. “Yes! And it’s Clark’s fault. If he wasn’t so dratted good-looking I’d be able to keep my hands off him when he gets out of the shower in the morning.”

Cath laughed. “Now who’s giving out too much information?”

Lois blushed a little more deeply. “Sorry. I guess I’m enjoying married life.”
So funny. And so sweet. I'm so glad that Lois is happy in her marriage to Clark.

“But it’s not quite what you expected, is it?”

Lois hesitated, then sighed. “No, it’s not. It’s not bad, not at all, just not what I expected.”

“Uh-huh. So what did you and Clark argue over?”

“Why do you assume we argued over anything?”

“Every couple does. Clay and I argued over chores. His parents argued over which wall to put the couch against in their living room.” Cath turned to face Lois. “So, give! What was it about?”

“You won’t believe it.”

“Sure I will.”

“We – we argued over – oh, this is embarrassing!”

“So tell me! I’m sitting on pins and needles!”
Me too! And I'm loving it!

“We – the argument was over whose account would be the master account on our home computer.”

Cath waited for a long moment, then said, “That’s it? You argued over that?”

“I told you it was embarrassing!”
That's a surprise. And yet it isn't. In fact, it's perfect.

Cath laughed. “Oh, Lois, that’s great! If the little things are all that bother the two of you, it means the big things aren’t giving you too much trouble!”

“Yeah, but I thought we’d be able to settle stuff like that without any problems at all! I still don’t understand why it was so important to me for my account to be the master.”

Cath nodded. “Because you like to be on top.”

Lois snorted and blushed again. “Cath! What – what did Clark tell you yesterday?”
So funny! And so true. Lois likes to be on top in more ways than one.

“I’m not talking about that! I mean that you’re the editor, you make the decisions, you’re in charge at work, but at home you’re married to a man who’s also Superman, and there’s not many ways you can help him do that job. And there’s absolutely no way you can do it at all, much less do it as well as he does.”

“So – you’re saying it’s a power issue with me?”

“No. I’m saying that you have a hard time not being in control.”
So true....

“What’s the difference?”

“Does it bother you that Clark has to leave sometimes to be Superman?”

“Well – no, not like you mean it. I mean, I don’t ever want to be at home without him, but I don’t resent Superman intruding on our lives.”

“I didn’t think you did. You know you can’t be Superman so you don’t fight about that. But you want to be in charge everywhere else. The computer represents a place where you two are equal, but you want to be in charge there, too, so there’s the argument.”

Lois pondered that as she drove. “Huh. Never thought of it that way.”

“Amateur therapy. I might be way off.”

“No, I don’t think so. Thanks. I’ll think about it some more.”
I love how Cath can explain things to Lois about Lois! And I love how they can talk about their various problems and give each other support.

Cath took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “How’s Clark doing?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I mean, how’s he doing? The trial wasn’t that long ago. Is he okay?”

“Well – mostly he’s doing fine.”

“Mostly?”

“Yes.” Lois waited for Cath to respond, but she didn’t. Lois sighed. “He has these dreams sometimes.”

“Bad ones?”

“Yes. Last week he sat straight up in bed and yelled something like ‘No, no, I won’t, I won’t!’ Then he woke up. He was coated with sweat and breathing hard. When I asked him what he was dreaming about, he didn’t want to tell me but I finally wormed it out of him. He said that Bill Church was standing in front of him with his shirt pulled open, daring him to rip his heart out again.”
Okay. I'm glad Clark is still troubled by what he did.

“Is there anything else you’re thinking about?”

“Like what?”

“Like babies. It would be natural, what with me being a new mom and you being a new bride and all.”

“Uh. Yeah, I’ve thought about it. And Clark and I have talked about it.”

“But you haven’t made any decisions yet, have you?”

Lois grinned and blushed yet again. “Well, as it turns out, the decision has already been made for us.”
What? You mean - - ?

“What? You mean – wait! No! You’re not – Lois, are you – “

“The term you’re searching for is ‘in the family way’ if you want to be extremely polite about it.”

“Actually, I was thinking ‘knocked up.’”
Oh, so funny! And so wonderful! I love it.

Lois laughed so hard she almost swerved out of the lane. “Easy, Lois! Tell you what, let’s just talk when you stop at traffic lights.”

“Okay. Hey! Don’t say anything to anyone! I haven’t told Clark yet.”

“What? You haven’t told him? How long have you known?”

“For about, oh, forty minutes now. I just came from my OB-GYN. I’m definitely pregnant. That’s why it took me as long as it did to pick you up.”
Oh, wow. And Cath is the one who gets to be the first to know. With the kind of friendship Lois has with her, I actually think that is appropriate.

“Wow.” Cath leaned back. “Superman’s gonna have a baby.”

“No. Clark Kent’s wife is going to have a baby. Superman’s not even going to be on the birth announcement.”
Better get it straight.

They were silent until Lois stopped at the curb in front of Cath’s house. Cath slowly climbed out, pointed at a vehicle in the driveway, and almost wailed, “Is that it? I’m driving a light blue minivan now?”

Lois picked up the overnight bag and took Cath’s elbow. “It’s better than the pink one Clay wanted to get, believe me.”
This is just hysterically funny!

Clay and Cath made their way past their guests towards the baby’s room. “She lifted her head today!”

“Already? No!”

“Yes! And she smiled at me!”

“That was just gas, Clay. All babies do that.”

“No, she really smiled! And she told me she wants to be a famous writer, just like her mother.”

“Oh, you darling man!”

They passed out of hearing before Clay could gripe about being called a ‘darling man’ in front of his police colleagues again.
Oh, Terry. How adorably sweet is this?

Lois smiled as Clark put his arm around her and squeezed lightly, then tugged her towards a corner away from the other guests.
Clark is being happily affectionate. I don't know if we have seen him that way before in either "Maysonry" or Rebuilding Superman. I very much like it.

“They’re going to be great parents, Lois.”

“I know. Oh, is her Porsche in the garage?”

“Yes. Clay and I managed to rearrange everything so that there’s still a path to the lawnmower and weed trimmer. And he’s not going to let her drive it until after her six-week checkup, if then.”

Lois giggled. “I told her Clay traded it in for a minivan.”

Clark smiled. “And I suppose she thought the one in the driveway was hers now?”

“She seemed to. That belongs to one of Clay’s friends from the precinct, doesn’t it?”

“Officer Janet Owens drove it here. She brought most of the other guests with her. I’m glad they came.”
What a joke on Cath! I just love it! And somehow this kind of joke just proves how much her husband and her friends love her.

“Me too. Did you get the galley proofs on the spy novel sent back to the publisher?”

“Wow. That was random.”

She elbowed him lightly in the ribs. “Once an editor, always an editor. Have you send them back yet?”

“Mailed them this morning, before I came over. Say, where did you go before you picked up Cath? You never did say.”

“Didn’t I?”

“No, you didn’t, you not so innocent little minx. Where were you?”

She smiled a private smile. “I’ll tell you all about it after the party, I promise.”
Well, Terry, that was just lovely. And as I said, this epilogue concentrated on the two people who have, in my opinion, been the most memorable and by far the most fascinating and likable in Maysonry and Rebuilding Superman - Lois and Cath.

Right now I'm having problems with my computer, so I'm unable to get into the Archive and check out your other stories there, and remind myself what they were called in the first place. Let me say, however, that my general impression of the relatively few stories of yours that I have read is that you write an absolutely great Lois. She tends to be warm, caring, strong, loving, loyal and endowed with a great sense of humour. I find it so easy to love your Lois.

Your Clark, however, has been a much more closed-off and difficult character to me. I have not found it easy to get near him. I haven't found it easy to see what he really thinks and feels. In a great three-parter of yours, whose title I have regrettably forgotten, Tempus is trying to prevent Utopia from happening by first killing Clark, then, in a time-loop replaying of history, by killing Lois and Clark's children. In that second version, Clark reacted by blaming Lois for their children's death. He nursed his grief, anger and pain for years and became lonelier and lonelier. When some people asked you for a version of this story told from Clark's POV, I remember that you told us that you had actually tried writing a Clark POV version, but "nothing came out". It seems, in other words, that unlike your Lois, who is wonderfully open and accessible, Clark is a closed-off character, also to you.

I can see that this closed-off character Clark makes sense and is realistic. If Superman had existed for real, he would have had to keep his emotions and reactions under extremely tight control. It might not be easy to open up and be accessible as a friend and a lover if you are carrying the burden of being Superman on your shoulders.

Well, I personally just love meeting Lois in your stories, Terry, but I have sometimes found it hard to connect with and sympathize with your Clark.

But let me say once again that I loved this epilogue. More than ever, Maysonry and Rebuilding Superman now strike me as a story about how Cath and Lois work together to straighten out their personal lives, fight against Intergang, deal with the consequences of Superman's killing of Bill Church, and find happiness in a life that offers a satisfying career as well as a happy marriage and parenthood.

Thank you for this story, Terry.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Super cool, thanks for the epilogue smile thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Alcyone wrote:

Consider me appeased. I read your reply to my comment last time and thought that perhaps it was a case of my personal preferences horning in. I think this fic moves forward more through facts and events. I haven't noticed a lot of description, but quite a bit of dialogue (to the point that it seems that you mean to describe using dialogue). If I'm correct, I think that's what throws me off, since I often look to description automatically when I make my inferences (well, in the abscence of introspection). But this says more about how I read than the story itself.
I'm glad the epilogue satisfied you. My training in writing has always stressed that an author should 'show' the characters and the action and not 'tell' about them. The first moves the story more quickly (usually, anyway) and the second tends to be pedantic unless the author is highly skilled. I haven't arrived at the 'highly skilled' level yet, so I tend to put that which might be boring into interesting dialogue. It seems to work.

And thank you so much for your kind words! They make this old wannabe author wriggle with glee.

Ann, thank you for expressing similar sentiments about the ending. There's no way to satisfy everyone, of course, but you and others were right to point out that we needed to know that Clark didn't forget what happened with Bill Church.

Ann wrote:

Your Clark, however, has been a much more closed-off and difficult character to me. I have not found it easy to get near him. I haven't found it easy to see what he really thinks and feels.
I hadn't thought about it in these terms, Ann, but I think you're right. After contemplating the conundrum, I believe that the reason I tend towards Lois's viewpoint more naturally is because she's such a complex character and has so many flaws to exploit, as opposed to Clark, where "what you see is what you get." That isn't entirely true, of course, but Clark is at once more opaque than Lois is and far more transparent. His motives usually aren't difficult to judge, and his actions are almost always altruistic. He's not nearly as sneaky as Lois is, not nearly as unprincipled ("Don't break into the office, Lois! It's illegal!" "Who cares? We need that file!"), and not nearly as driven. It's something I intend to work on in the near future.

Tank wrote:

What a horrible, terrible thing to do to Lois.
Sorry, oh frigid northern one, but as Nan pointed out, the natural consequence of marriage is children. (But I know you really do love the little monst - er, tykes.)

Nan also pointed out:

Not all terrible things that happen in life have only bad consequences in the end.
This is probably the second life lesson Cath needs to teach Lois. Of course, there's that new little baby to show everybody how life really works, and that life is something that happens whether we want it to or not. And, there's another little one on the way soon, too. Maybe this one will be an almost-Christmas baby. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Maria, Lisa, AnKS, thanks so much for staying with it till the end. I appreciate your comments no matter how long or short they are.

And thanks to all the readers who read but didn't post feedback for one reason or another. We'll meet again soon, I'm sure of it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I just read this story on the archive and wanted to stop and tell you how much I enjoyed it. I had read the prequel previously and I'm glad to you managed to put Lois and Clark back together--and even more pleased that it was not an easy road. It was very believable and enjoyable.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Angie! Welcome to the party, and thanks for your kind words. Almost any reaction is better than none at all. And don't forget that there are a lot of excellent authors on this site.

Thanks for reading!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard