Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39576 02/23/07 08:28 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, let me know what you think. I was exhausted when I wrote the last part, so maybe I'll polish it in the morning.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Merriwether
Merriwether
I liked it, but what happened at the observatory?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Oh, a really good part. The end came way too soon, though wink

I like it a lot when Lois come back to herself to see Clark talking to her about bringing her to Smallville for thanksgiving. So, apparently he had become acquainted with the 17 years old Lois, and they seem to be getting along well for him to bring her to his parents for thanksgiving smile I wonder what's going on between them, now.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by woody:
I liked it, but what happened at the observatory?
The only thing I've been able to find thus far
the contrails from a rocket carryin...stories of death rays and alien attacks.

So I am betting it has something to do with Lois's thought
If Shiva and Nightfall were discovered early enough,
So perhaps she is getting one or both discovered early???

Originally posted by poussin:
the 17 years old Lois,
But by part 8 she wasn't 17 but some years older and in University. And in this part
Originally posted by ShayneT:
He was visibly older, but still youthful.
Her younger self hadn’t given up on journalism to get rich gambling. She’d practically quit school to help out her dying grandmother.
thumbsup dance The Lois we all know and love.

Framework4
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow. I just caught up, and I like what you're doing with this! Very easy to get drawn in! laugh I'm afraid what the younger Lois has done, though. And not just with the gambling, though that was for a good reason. What has she done this time!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to know Lois' grandmother is still around .. YAY!

Lois frowned and said “I’ve never been disappointed by you, Clark.”
Looking at how this part ends.. Clark might just have disappointed her. smile1 cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, it's good to have an explanation for the gambling problem. Interesting to see how the changes Lois made earlier are spiraling into wider and wider variances from what she remembers.

I don't get the thing at the observatory, though. And how in the world would it be connected to the Cosby show? dizzy

Seems like Clark has made the acquaintance of younger Lois laugh And they seem to be getting along well, too. Wonder if he's helping her get her career going? I'll be fascinated to see what's happened between them -- and I can sympathise with his not wanting to trade his girlfriend for a semi-spooky woman from the future.

So when's part 10? smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Thanks for explaining young Lois, although I'm curious how she explained herself to her grandmother.

This part ended way too soon. I can't wait for the next one!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by ChiefPam:
I don't get the thing at the observatory, though. And how in the world would it be connected to the Cosby show? dizzy
The Cosby Show premiered on 20 September 1984, it served as a date marker for Lois but I still don't know what happen on 21 September 1984

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, that helps smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ha!

Great explanation for the gambling. That is vintage Lois, taking the bull by the horns and wrestling the situation to the ground so she can crow over it.

I, like many others, don't get the significance of 9/21/84, unless it's the first time any observatory could possibly have spotted the Nightfall asteroid. Please explain it to us!

And Lois's next appearance has got to be after some longer period of time. Clark is talking to her as if she's involved with him, and since he blushed they may be more than just dating (married, maybe?) Or maybe her younger self now knows about the powers and that's why he's blushing? Either way, that's going to be an interesting conversation too.

I was a little surprised that older Lois would pressure Clark to have sex with her when she knows how tentative her situation is. And now that she's changed so much of the past, how will she accomplish her life goals (aside from saving Superman and getting up close and personal with Clark)? What will she do with her life? I really can't see Lois as a stay-at-home wife, wearing an apron and putting dinner on the table as hubby walks through the door. She's just not that kind of woman.

Keep it up, please! This is the most original re-take on their relationship that I can remember seeing, and I really hope that you've already planned a soft landing somewhere down the road. If not, though, I'll still stay with you. I'm putting this on my Kerth nomination list for next year.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard