Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
The Knox case is about the drug Nirvana.

Another great part. Great job at weaving the A-plots and B-plots together. And what is the deal with this Interruptus trend? If it isn't Jimmy, it's beepers, cowbells, or any other object at hand. Just let them have some will power for Pete's sake.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everything Interruptus, as usual. <g> It's an evil ploy, you know. Just keeps us wanting more.

Another great part! What do you want to bet Clark never makes it to lunch with Just-Call-Me-Dan?

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I love how distracted Lois is by Clark's presence.

“The supply closet?”
Ah, memories... laugh

She looked back at Clark and watched as he leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands in front of him. She had to repress a snicker.
I didn't supress it, I laughed out loud! Poor Clark.

Nice chapter. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hmm. Dr. Klein and Mandy were the only ones in the lab? The only ones there when the sample in question disappeared? Why isn't Bill Henderson checking out the innocent lab assistant? Why is he so locked onto Bernie as the bad guy when she had just as much opportunity to steal the stuff as her boss did?

Aside from a copied cardkey and a doctored surveilance tape, I don't see any other way the sample could have disappeared. Unless, of course the 'little guy' from the Resurrection episode has made a comeback too.

Very nice mix of romantic and action story lines. Will Lois regain her missing memory, or at least regain the ability to recall the previous day's events? Is her doctor somehow complicit? Will she and Clark find their 'stairwell' before the day is over, or will they start up again from scratch in the morning? Will Lois hand Dan his head on a platter? Will Dan figure out that Lois really doesn't remember stuff?

Stay tuned for the next episode! I know I will.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
There were many little things here that I liked. I loved how Lois brought Clark home to her apartment even though she remembered (yay!) that she had her spare key at the Daily Planet. well, just because she wanted him to come home to her apartment with her, you know?

I loved how Clark found that note from Lois, and how scared he is that she had read it:

“You didn’t read it...” he repeated, this time out loud as if to reassure himself.

“I, uh, was a little distracted.” Her mind flashed back to the way the ring had sparkled on her finger in the morning sunlight. “And like I said, I thought it was trash.”
What a relief, Clark.

“Really? When did I give it to you?”

“Last night.”

Last night? That paper looked like it had been folded and unfolded repeatedly. When he said it was a note from her she had assumed it was some sort of love note she had written to him that he had been sentimental enough to carry around with him. The fact that it had been so well read in just one night, only served to stoke her curiosity even further.
I love the fact that Clark has read that note so many times in the short time it has been in his possession.

“Can I see it?”

“No,” he answered a little too quickly.
No, because we wouldn't want you to be honest with her, would we, Clark?

You know, DJ, during all those years when I was waiting for Superman to propose to Lois in the comic books, it used to drive me up the wall that Superman wasn't just the one who was in control of the proposal - he could propose or refrain from proposing - but he was also the one who was in control of all pertinent information, particularly about his double identity, which he carefully hid from Lois. Here Lois knows aout Clark's double identity, but instead Clark keeps the fact that he has broken up with her a well-kept secret from her. He neither proposes again nor tells her that they can't be together. He keeps her in a kind of limbo. Just like he did for all those years in the comics. frown

But Lois believes in Clark. Just like comic book Lois believed in Superman for all those years:

God, why couldn’t she concentrate?

She knew why... It was because she *knew*. She knew now for a certainty that Clark loved her, that he was going to marry her. He had all but proposed to her again – saying that he just wanted to give her time to remember everything. He had said he would marry her no matter what – even if her memory never fully recovered.
Oh, so sweet. And oh, I so hope that he is going to deserve her faith in him.

Clark broke from their kiss. “Well, where would you...” He kissed her briefly but firmly. “...suggest that we...” Lois nudged her knee a little closer in between his legs, eliciting a groan from him. “...do this?” he finished, his voice shaking a little.

She smiled against his lips. “I don’t know,” she murmured, moving his tie aside so she could run her hands up his chest. “Someplace a little more private and a little less open...”

“The supply closet?”
Ahh, this is adorable!!! Oh yes, I'm all for the supply closet. razz

Henderson narrowed his eyes at him and sighed softly. “The evidence for the trial? It’s already missing.”

“What? When?”

Henderson nodded. “Your friend Klein took it.”

“What?” Clark asked again, his voice a little harsher this time. “You can’t have any...”

“Proof? No,” he paused and gave Clark a small smirk. “But that tape and those key card records give me enough to hold Klein and get a warrant to search his house.”
I'm disappointed with Henderson. He's usually not that gullible.

“Mandy...” Clark paused - he didn’t know her last name, “...Dr. Klein’s assistant, please.” He looked down at his watch, hoping he could catch her before she left for lunch.

“May I ask whose calling?”

“Clark Kent with the Daily Planet.”

A few seconds passed and then she was back. “Mr. Kent? Mandy is getting ready to leave and asked me to take a message,” the woman’s voice told him.

“That’s okay. I’ll just call her back after lunch.”

“No, Mr. Kent, she’s not leaving for lunch - she’s leaving for the day.”

That wasn’t good. Clark didn’t want to sit on this until tomorrow. “Can you please ask her to wait just a couple more minutes? I’m on my way there, I’ll be there shortly.”

Without waiting for a reply, he hung up the receiver and thanked Sherry. Then he headed outside in search of a secluded alleyway.
Mandy, huh? And Clark doesn't know her last name. Mandy. As in Mindy? As in Mindy Church? I don't like the similarity of their names. Mandy seems like a prime suspect to me. Will she be greeting Clark with a green, green piece of Kryptonite? And if so, will Lois save his butt, and his thick skull, too? And if she does, will he be honest with her for once, not just when he is telling her cruel things? Will he propose again? Will they get married? And will they make out, sans underwear, in the supply closet?

You owe us one, DJ!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aargh! What's happened to my life? No time, no time!

Just have a second to tell you that:
1)I love this story so much, it's going on my all-time favourites list.
2) You guys are complete frauds putting this story in the gfic folder and
3) The FoLCs may just forcibly evict you to the nfic older just so we can get some more action!

party

Hafta go! Keep 'em coming! (er, no pun intended. We are in the gfic folder, after all. laugh )

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll ditto what Hasini said. *lol*

I read it last night while I was testing things on my computer (day job, night job, all I do is work *sigh*) and of course, the first thing I did was message everyone I know to tell them there was a new part up. wink

I'll be back later today with some actual feedback - but for now let me just say: "I've seen it, I've read it, it turned me into a puddle of goo!"

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I really wasn't going to reply yet... but after the comments I read this morning, I just couldn't help myself. I just have to address a couple of things. <g>

Hi Maria! It appears that Woody answered your question below but, yes, Knox was the guy that Scardino was posing as a FDA agent to meet with in "Whine, Whine, Whine". Knox was a key man involved with Nirvana.

Oooooh, I love your question about whether Mandy is leaving for the day or forever. <g> But she did tell Clark that she was going out of town to stay with relatives for a few days - I guess getting shot at shook her up a little. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Woody! So glad to see you here. <g> Will power? What's that? <g> You may see that happen before the story's out <whistles innocently> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jen! Yes, don't you know - Sue may be the evil queen of nfic, but I am the evil Queen of the "lead-up with no follow through" goofy It really does keep you wanting more, doesn't it??? And just why don't you think Clark will make that lunch appt? Hmmm? Thanks for the fdk - and the poster! That was great!

Hi Lisa! Yes, I had to throw in a mention of the supply closet blush It was my nod/tribute to Sue for working on this with me. <g> (Oh, and if any of you HAVEN'T read the closet scene from Faustian... well you just don't know what you're missing) Hah - glad to know someone else laughed at that besides me. laugh Thanks for the fdk.

Terry! Oh my goodness! I thought I'd lost you somewhere along the way. I was going to cry over the loss of my blueberry pancakes. <g>

Bill Henderson - yes - well, the only evidence he has points squarely at Klein. If the suspect in question wasn't "Klein" would you be so concerned? <g> Dr. Klein was seen leaving the lab last and his keycard was used last...

But, then again, you are correct - tapes can be doctored and keycards can be copied. <g> Hah! No little guy from Resurrection... but I might have one or two other tricks up my sleeve. <g>

Thank you - I'm glad your enjoying the balancing act between A & B. laugh Ooooooh, all such good questions. Yay! Thank you so much for the fdk - I'm glad to know you're still along for the ride. <g>

Hi Ann!!! Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed this part... I know you've been mad at Clark... hang in there. <g>

Darlingly sweet? Awwww - not exactly what I was going for <g> but thank you. laugh

Okay, with Henderson, remember that all the evidence he has points directly to Klein (would you really be so disappointed in him if it was some other unknown doctor - Dr. Smith, perhaps?) and his evidence mysteriously disappeared from lock up after Klein had been there. Evidence tampering is never good for a trial - not to mention evidence going missing... It's bound to make him a little cranky...

Mandy, Mindy -- hmmmm.... I don't know, Mandy is a curly red-head (and brainy to boot) -- Mindy is... well, Mindy.

Wow! Poor Mandy! You've got her trying to kill Superman? And after all the trouble she's gone to, to explain how much she adores Bernie and wants to help. She was there when everyone got shot at - you do remember that, don't you???

Proposal - marriage - make-out in the supply closet --- you don't want much, do you? goofy

I OWE you one? Oh, I see how it is... <sheesh - a girl writes one nfic... okay, maybe two... and people get all these expectations....> laugh

Thanks for the fdk Ann! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hi Hasini!!! Thanks for the fdk even - especially when you have so little time. Okay, to address your items:

1. Yay!!! dance All-time favorites? I think I'm giddy!

2. Frauds! Frauds? Well you do remember that I "dragged" Sue here to co-write this with me. <g> And "she's" the queen of the nfic folder - certainly not me... uh-huh, I've only dipped my toe in a couple of times... what do you mean it was more than a dip??? <g>

3. Ack! Eviction? Are you threatening me??? <g>

Hah, SURE there was no pun intended... uh-huh...

Thanks for the fdk Hasini!

Lara! <hugs>

and of course, the first thing I did was message everyone I know to tell them there was a new part up. [Wink]
Awwwww - that's so sweet! dance Thank you Lara!

Thank you everyone! I enjoyed every comment!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhh!! She almost got that slip of paper to read didn't she? I hope Clark does this right... what he needs to do is not hide what happened from Lois but explain it all in a way that makes her listen... listen to the fact that he understands he is a fool and wants her to know that he wants her and doesn't want them to just be friends. I hope he is able to do that... and I hope Dan doesn't screw it up.

Of course if he does there is always tomorrow to fix it >_< haha. Poor little Lois with the fried brain.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Clark! Why did you tell Lois that the piece of ‘trash’ was a note from her?
“The supply closet?”
rotflol You sure you aren’t going to make this nfic?

“Jimmy’s coming,”
Jimmy interruptus... again.

Great part, ladies.

I'm thinking that Henderson's so called evidence against Bernie is pretty weak. Just because he was the last one seen to leave the lab and just because he was at the police precinct when the other evidence disappeared doesn't seem to mean much. It all seems pretty circumstantial to me.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*contented sigh* Finally, I get a moment to read. It's 1 AM, but what the hell... I've been wanting to come back and read this quietly for way too long, now!!!

Wait, you mean we get more fdk?!
Well, yeah! I mean, I know I don't *have* to leave a bunch of silly comments all the time, but... well... I kinda like it. *lol*

He spun back into his complete ensemble and started to pocket his pager in his side suit coat pocket.
'ya know... him spinning into all these clothes might be impressive to watch, but I really like it better when he's spinning *out* of them... it's a hell of a lot sexier!! blush

[...]which of the three men in her life she was really in love with – Clark, Dan, or Superman.
Wait, three? I only see one... Who are the other two? The first and last are the same positively wonderful man. And sandwiched in between both of his identities... Dan? Are you sure that's a man? I thought that was an earthworm, myself... oh well... wink

She couldn’t seem to get her mind to focus. It was still back at her apartment, on the couch with Clark
Well, I'll be! You know, that's exactly where my mind is most of the time, too. blush

She had to get tough with herself or she wasn’t going to get anything done today.
Oh, Lois... Join the club, dear - there's a bunch of us walking around with dazed expressions on our faces cause we've read part 11 of Platonic today. You can't seriously imagine we've been able to concentrate much after *that*, can you?

Lois almost asked ‘take a look at what’ in a sultry tone but realized at the last second that he meant the tape. Focus. Yes, the tape. She wanted to look at the tape.
Tape? What's a tape? (says the girl who works in the video editing industry...)
Don't you know we'd much rather have a nice look at his arms? Have him roll up his sleeves.... pretty please?

Clark broke from their kiss. “Well, where would you...” He kissed her briefly but firmly. “...suggest that we...” Lois nudged her knee a little closer in between his legs, eliciting a groan from him. “...do this?” he finished, his voice shaking a little.
oi... this, I could read again and again and again. It's very, very drool

“The supply closet?” he suggested, punctuating the last word when she leaned in to take a nibble of his ear.
You know, it's really mean to tease us like that! You bring up the supply closet in the gfic folder! That should be illegal!! Do you know what that does to our dirty little minds? At all? sheesh!

“I guess that kills any fantasies I had about the supply closet or stairwell, then, huh?” Clark chuckled lightly.
Oh, come on! First you tease us about it and let us think there's some eensy weensy, microcosmic although highly unlikely possibility that we might be reading about it on the other side of the boards, and then... you have to squash all our dreams by literally telling us it's not going to happen? You really are evil! *lol*

Nice A-plot there. smile I'm reallly looking forward to finding out what that's all about and how come Dr. Klein looks guilty now... mmm...

Great part! I know most of what I said up there are silly comments, but that all just means I had a whole lot of fun reading the story. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
razz

enjoyin' it!! cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by AnKS:
razz

enjoyin' it!! cool
That makes two of us grumble And what's worse, she'll find out through Dan that Clark broke up with her before the lunkhead decides to tell her wallbash

Looking forward to a new part (hopefully I'm wrong after all)

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I've been busily devouring stories for the upcoming Kerths... trying to get my ducks in a row (which I bet everyone else is doing, as well) but I'm back now. And I'm so excited about all this fdk.

Hi Jojo! Thanks for the fdk and comments. Yes, that is what Clark needs to do, isn't it? Is that what he *will* do? <shrugs> I hope so... And yes, Dan is an interesting wild card. You know, he could possibly fix things tomorrow - unless Lois decides that his 2nd chance is over and once again fills out her journal to that end... <ducks and runs>

Hi Nancy! Why did he tell her the trash was a note from him? Because our poor little Boy Scout had decided that he was going to be as honest as he possibly could with Lois today...

"You sure you aren't going to make this nfic" - heh. I'll tell you what I told Sue... I know you all want nfic... but... wouldn't you run poor Clark <and me... and Sue> out of town on a rail if he cast his principles aside and slept with her *knowing* that she wouldn't remember it? Do you really think he would want his first time with Lois to be like that??? <g> And that's all I'm gonna say about that for now...

And poor Henderson...getting raked over the coals again...just remember that you gentle readers don't always know the *whole* story. <g> Thanks for the fdk Nancy! Woo-hoo.

Yay! Lara's back!!! No you certainly don't *have* to leave a bunch of comments all the time but... if you didn't... I might cry. drool I mean I know Clark's bare chest didn't make it, but I'm glad you liked it.

Do I know what putting mention of the supply closet in the g folder does to your dirty little minds? Why yes, I believe I do. devil

Yes, I really am evil. <g> I learned from the best! You're in trouble when we work together you know... angel-devil As I've said before, I love that you are enjoying the A-plot and looking forward to finding out more. Thanks for all those comments Lara, I loved 'em.

Hi AnKS! Now just what would give you that sneaking suspicion? Hmmm...? Thanks for the fdk! Glad you are enjoying it!

Hi Cristina! Do you really have so little faith in Dan that you think he'll tell Lois what's going on? Really? Thanks for the fdk! We'll see very soon if you're wrong or not.

Thanks again everyone. I'm not sure when the next part will be posted - hopefully sometime this weekend. It's done and has been back and forth a couple of times - it's just getting a final polish.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love them all and would dearly miss them if they were gone.
And this, my friend, is what totally made my day.

I'd have to spend several long minutes thanking you, if I were to even try to express what wonders this has done to my soul.

Sure glad I made you laugh. smile It's the whole point, really. I'm so glad it works!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww! I made your day, Lara? How sweet! Well every single fdk that you and the other FoLCs leave for us on this story totally makes my day. hyper

Okay, I'm getting ready to post part 16 right now. Look for it soon!

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard