Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ohh, I'm first. Great part Laura! I love it, and I'm curiously waiting for more. Their kiss was truly romantic, almost makes me wish for nfic. But they are young, so maybe this isn't a good idea, huh?

Anyway, this is a great story, I'm so glad you post it!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great intro to Clark's weird ties. smile

“Let’s go, Farmboy, you’re taking me out.”

That night, as Jonathon turned on the TV to watch the 11 p.m. news, he got wind of a forest fire raging in California. He hollered to Clark, who appeared a moment later dressed in black jeans and a black sweatshirt.
What, we don't get to hear about the date? frown

A tear rolled down Lois’ cheek as she tangled a hand through his hair and he tightened his grip on her waist.
I feel like crying, too.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love this chapter too, Laura. It is beautifully written. I like Clark's tie and Lois's burgundy dress, and I like Lois seeing Clark pull off an amazing super feat. Most of all, though, I love how you write their young, tender, passionate, sweet love.

And that is what I worry about when it comes to the conclusion of this story. There is a sub-genre of Clark and Lois fics (or Superman and Lois fics) which take these two people "too far" (in somebody's opinion), and therefore the writer feels the need to restore the status quo. Infamously and horrifyingly, in "Superman II" Clark gave Lois an amnesia kiss to make her forget everything that had happened between the two of them. In LnC fanfiction, there is the disappointing "meddling H.G.Wells" subgenre. In this one, Lois and Clark go too far, as it were, but H.G. Wells intervenes and gives them amnesia, restoring the status quo.

You say you aren't going to let Lois and Clark elope, which makes me wonder if you are going to wipe their minds of what has happened. If you do that, Laura, I will still very much like your story, never fear - but I will not like the ending.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks guys! About their date, I couldn't decide whether to write it in or not. I was leaning toward writing it in, but I got the hugest case of writer's block... Maybe later I'll go back and add something in though.
Anyway, this is a great story, I'm so glad you post it!
I'm glad too. I've gotten the best suggestions and comments here.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry just saw Ann's response.

Oh no, don't worry. I hated that in Superman II. It isn't that. Nor H.G. Wells. I think you might find out in part 12 or 13... But it IS NOT an amnesia/H.G. Wells/fly backwards around the world to turn back time kind of thing.

Definitely not.

Top Banana
Top Banana
As usual, I love that Lois didn't get too mad at Clark especially when she put two and two together regarding her phone conversation with her dad. evil

Now, my question is, how are Lois and Clark going to have a relationship? I know that Clark can fly, but they're teenagers. What's going to keep them together? huh

This was a wonderful chapter and I cannot wait for the next part.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not gonna worry about their future. I'm just gonna sit here and wallow in WAFFiness... smile goofy )

Looking forward to whatever you throw at us, Laura.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Glad to hear that you are not going to throw an H.G. Wells in the works, Laura. smile

And Pam, thanks for directing me to your story! I loved it! smile1

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
Nope, H.G. Wells is beautifully absent. In fact, there's nothing "weird" about it, just to reassure you.

(Weird including H.G.Wells, Tempus, Time Travel, amnesia, etc.)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Columnist
Columnist
great part. Can't wait for the next one.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been following this story in earnest, and I love it! Does it have to end at Chapter 14??

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww thanks. smile ! Lol, well I wrote it like that, but I actually think chapter 13 and 14 need a little more embellishing... so they might be a little longer maybe... but anyway, I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard