K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
When I was done reading, I just said aloud, "Oh, crap!"

I'll come back when I'm more coherent wink

Features Writer
Features Writer
The truth was sometimes the best lie. “This is a friend of my aunt Opal. Lois Lane, meet Lana Lang.”
lol

Take my Breath away by Berlin
oh, I love that song smile

Lana scrambled to her feet. “You just leave Clark alone. He’s mine.”

“He doesn’t look like he wants to be,” Lois said. “You’ve been sticking to him like glue all evening.”

“I know what’s best for him,” Lana said. “He can be a little stubborn, but he’ll come around.”

Clark stepped around the corner and said, “We’ve talked about this already.”
That's excatly how I would describe Lana, as a very possessive person.

“Who are you, and where am I?”
oh no, has Lois really lost all her memories? Please don't say, that she hast lost everything she ever knew about Clark thud

Anyway, it's a beautiful story and I enjoy it smile

Barb

Features Writer
Features Writer
I let out a scream at the sheer perfection of the events of this chapter. Especially the end. No matter what happens from now on, I'll always have that really delectable moment when oh-my-god-how-ironic. Lois goes back in time to save Clark and in the process loses her memories so her goal ceases to be. The question now is, will she remember enough to save him?

It would have been too easy otherwise wouldn't it?

So the trip back in time has a price. That is fitting. It's so beautifully sad considering the future Lois' longing for Clark. I ache to think that "she's" gone and unable to really _be_ with him (but it's a good ache). At the same time even though that future her is gone, there is a rebirth of sorts with this new Lois, who has the same potential to love (and most importantly) save Clark.

Of course this is me being tickled pink here. Her memory could be back next part, or in any part after that or it could come and go randomly. *shrug*

Still I'll always have this moment of angsty perfection. *happy sigh* Gorgeous.

Thanks Shayne,

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ya gotta do what the muse dictates. That said, I personally don't want Lois to lose her memories. It's more interesting to this reader to have future Lois in this teenage body.

If she were to become the Lois of the present time, I'd have expected it to happen much sooner... not after making plans, traveling, finding Clark, etc.

This story has such an interesting premise that I hate to see it take this turn permanently. But the Muse must be obeyed. She tends to be more of a handful than even Lois!

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG! Lois lost her memory? What are they going to do now? This is crazy, Shayne, and I'm really enjoying it.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is great Shayne! smile1 I cant believe you made Lois lose her memory. eek I hope she remembers in time to save Clark. Cant wait for more. clap
Kate laugh

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
razz

Still loving it,
BJ

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
hyper wildguy the wrath of MadDogLane!

He gasped. It was if a world which had always been in black and white was suddenly in color.

So this was love.
Lana stormed off, and Clark felt a sense of quiet satisfaction. Maybe she’d be able to let go.
He is in love with Lois, at this point he can't fly but is likely already interested in writing so will have much in common with Lois.

We don't know what killed Superman in this universe's future, both appear to have died at the same time and Lois knows about Lex being a villain, so perhaps Lex killed Superman in the cage during the wedding. If Lex killed himself rather than face jail some notes about his plans to kill Clark have been found. So everyone including Lois would assume that one of his plans worked. Lex is not around to say he didn't kill Clark.

If that is the case by the time Lois meets Luthor she will have been married to Clark for sometime. Without the dating effect Lois will see right through Luthor.

So now I hope ShayneT does not give Lois her memory back and he takes a few posts to dig Lois out of the mess of being in Smallville, establish the relationship between Clark.

Please grovel have Clark decide that Lois needs to know about him, both to start off the relationship on the right foot and so he can help her with getting home and they can move forward.

Then please after fixing things at this time do some posts jumping a few years at a time so we can see them complete school, get married, travel the world together and introduce Superman only when he is needed to stop Nightfall.

Framework4
Merriwether
Merriwether
The reason I think Shayne put this in, and I agree with it, whether or not I like it, is because now by meeting Clark and sort of getting him to break up with Lana, she's changed history to the point where the correcct timeline's events are implausible, therefore she can't remember what should have happened.

All this means is that we just might see Herbie.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“Who are you, and where am I?” She stared at him with terrified eyes.

The strange sense of knowledge that had been in her eyes was gone. In its place was only a frightened young girl.
Shayne, what the heck are you doing to us??? (grumble, grumble)

Ok, you're the guy who wrote Duets, which I love, so I am going to trust you here, even if you did take a direction I wasn't expecting. But why was it so sudden? Is it permanent?

LOL about New Coke!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow! Oh, no! Lois has lost her other timeline permanently? She really is seventeen-year-old Lois now, with no memory of another timeline? And that means she doesn't know that she is there to save Clark Kent?

Oh! That was totally unexpected. I'm a little disappointed, because it means letting go of a lot of fascinating possibilities. Of course, it opens up a lot of other possibilities, however.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm.. I don't know..I may be totally off (have been coding for a project for 17+hours razz )..

But when I saw (umm read) about Lois swaying and not remembering anything... I thought that somehow the time machine or molecule disperser or whatever's malfunctioned and she's gone to another time-line?... "Time and Again"? Anyways, I'll read it again when I'm more awake...

But I'm probably off base coz the trip was supposed to be one-way, right?
cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by woody:
The reason I think Shayne put this in, and I agree with it, whether or not I like it, is because now by meeting Clark and sort of getting him to break up with Lana, she's changed history to the point where the correcct timeline's events are implausible, therefore she can't remember what should have happened.

Woody, I let out a big OOOOOH when I read this!

I can think of about a hundred things that could have happened to her, but for now I wonder about the changing history...

This is just one really big RAFO!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I love this story. It's premise, Lois, everything...

But I disagree on the losing the memory thing. Personally, I firmly believe that Lois' future self has "jumped" to another place in time. *nods* Her suddenly forgetting would equal an eradication of the future Lois. And that, at least to me, is unacceptable.

I'm very curious to what it is in the end. So, please, don't let us wait too long for the next part.

Sira - hoping for a speedy explanation.

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Plus, Lana was exhausting, She was demanding, impertinent, and high maintenance.

Lois Lane wouldn’t be anything like that, Clark was sure.
rotflol

I'd been loving it all along, but this was the bit that prompted me to leave feedback. Hee! Poor Clark is in for such a surprise.

She took a sip, and then scowled. New Coke. What a fiasco that had been.
Oooh. It certainly was. I'd forgotten about that.

Can't wait to see where this goes next. I'm not going to tell you where I'd like to see it go because I'm content to read whatever you have in mind. Wonderful stuff!

Caroline

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Who the heck is Herbie?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Who the heck is Herbie?
H.G. Wells, I'm thinking. smile

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M