Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

“Are you sure you can trust everybody at the Planet? It wouldn’t be the first time the mob had a plant in the media. Plus, a big story like this? We don’t want a leak or, worse yet, we want to make sure it prints with our names on it.”
Writing with out verifying? eek

“We can work at my place but no monkey business,” Clark warned, waving his finger under Lois’s nose.
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The first paragraph had me laughing... Clark was babbling without even speaking!

I could so related to the roommate situation. The last time I lived in the dorm, I was about Lois’ age in your story. I worked midnight shift, and so I had to grab sleep whenever I could. One of my roommates thought nothing of sitting on my bed (while I was in it) to put her makeup on, to put her socks on, to take her socks off.... etc, etc. She seemed to have no concept of the fact that I was in bed at noon because I’d worked the night before! :rolleyes:

Oh, that was so funny with Clark looking for the ‘wild woman’ who was in ‘trouble’.
He lowered his glasses and peaked through the wall… and wished he hadn’t.
rotflol Wonder how often Clark goes through this?

“What are you doing here?”
“What are you doing here?”
“You first.”
“You first.”
Loved this!!

“You know him?” Lois was clearly shocked.

“No. I mean, you didn’t know what he did?”

“No, it’s not that… It’s just that I’m surprised that you know what he does. I didn’t know you had it in you, Kent.”
Lois has just learned something important about Clark!

“For this, I want dinner.”
Bobby Bigmouth! (And yes, I really did get it before you told us!)

“We can work at my place but no monkey business,” Clark warned, waving his finger under Lois’s nose.
rotflol

Great part!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois and Clark are gonna work together.. YAY!.. or are they? wink thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that was a great first meeting with Bobby Bigmouth. But that college dorm... ah, gaaah. Surely Clark needs to rescue Lois from that place? Not that she wants to be rescued by him. Ah, well... a woman can hope.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
I didn't even read a quarter in and I already found a sentence that I fell in love with. I'd like to adopt it please. Is there a fee?

Lois must have been feeling more comfortable now, as well, since she was walking in the same time zone he was.
The whole sence of Clark slowing down just before they went into the Planet building was just unbearable for me. Why? I was sooo worried about what Clark was going to say. My sleepy brain was convinced that he was going to say something BAD and Lois was going to get him. I'm glad it didn't come to that and I love the way Lois left him (then popped back to basicaly say hey? You coming or what?).

Lois went to bed early. With mid-terms complete and most of her projects ahead of schedule; the laundry finished and the dorm room straightened, cleaned and even sanitized; there was nothing for a college girl to do on a Saturday night but hang out with friends.
Can she come and clean my house? I was totally out of it and not responsible this weekend nor at this minute.

By this time, Lois was too stressed to write so she returned her things to their appropriate places and decided to go to bed early.
I would be too...but she won't go to bed.

She was finally starting to doze off when the weekend noise began. She glanced at the clock, it was practically ten. The gal was right on schedule. Once again, it sounded like she was being violently entertained. Lois wondered if this was how she paid for her education.
Oh dear. I feel a bit dumb, but where was she?

“My pleasure. You, on the other hand, won’t survive long enough to do your next story with the way you ask the wrong questions of the wrong people right out in the open like that. Now let’s walk and talk, and I’ll tell you where to go to find the answers you need.”
Oh dear.

I'm soooo excited! A lead - something big!!

Yet again an excellent part. I love how our LnC are interacting. I JUST LOVE IT!

Ok, I really have to go to bed now. I'm due to be up too soon for comfort.

[EDIT - For once I'm glad there isn't a next part posted. If part 17 was up, I'd read it and comment it...I'd never get sleep then!! I'm addicted to this one.]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Well, hopefully she won't freak out at Clark's offer this time, but of course this is the break she's been looking for. And she even talks to Clark in a halfway civil manner. Progress!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois is statring to give... dance

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks for all your fdbk.

Yes, Maria. Clark uses his Jeep only on the weekends when he needs to drive out to a state park as part of his cover story. The idea is that if his car is there, he has to be somewhere nearby, too. (And of course, not enjoying his Mama's cooking in Kansas.)

Also, I wasn't suggesting that L & C should write without verifying--Perry would have a fit--but that they should publish before the story is stolen by a co-worker.

One of my roommates thought nothing of sitting on my bed (while I was in it) to put her makeup on, to put her socks on, to take her socks off.... etc, etc. She seemed to have no concept of the fact that I was in bed at noon because I’d worked the night before!
What a bummer! I adored my room mate for the three years we spent together. She was a real sister at heart. In fact, I missed her my senior year when she graduated and I had a private room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“For this, I want dinner.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Bigmouth! (And yes, I really did get it before you told us!)
I was hoping someone would.

But that college dorm... ah, gaaah. Surely Clark needs to rescue Lois from that place?
My brother stayed in a dorm that was filthy and loud and VERY CO-ED. (I went to a strictly Southern Baptist school where we didn't even have visitors of the opposite sex past the lobby.) There were beer cans and garbage and even used condoms on the floor of the hallway when I went to visit him. It was decidedly gross. I thought that Lois should enjoy such fine (note the sarcasm) accomodations, as well.

I'd like to adopt it please. Is there a fee?

quote:
Lois must have been feeling more comfortable now, as well, since she was walking in the same time zone he was.
I coined that little phrase when I was pregnant with my oldest. My Dr. and I disagreed with my due date. He went by his little calendar and wrote everything on my chart in ink. But I kept telling him that I DID NOT get pregnant while James was traveling, so Dr's due date had to be wrong. I kept saying that I couldn't get pregnant when he wasn't in the same time zone I was. In fact, we were in the same zip code when it happened. blush

My sleepy brain was convinced that he was going to say something BAD and Lois was going to get him.
So you've become familiar with my standard way of writing, have you? wink

Can she come and clean my house? I was totally out of it and not responsible this weekend nor at this minute.
I have first dibs. I have three girls and I've found that it takes a Herculean effort just to keep crap off the floors. (And crap is just about the strongest word I use, so you know I get ticked.)

Oh dear. I feel a bit dumb, but where was she?
No question is dumb. Thanks for letting me know I need to clarify. I was referring to the woman upstairs at the dorm who makes loud, sexual noises every weekend. It's not my normal style of writing to include coarse humor, like this, but I wanted to give Lois an outlet to remember some of the rougher parts of her past and this wild dorm is a helpful vehicle to me, as a writer.

Thanks again to my faithful readers, and especially to those that leave feedback. I even enjoy the short notes that just say, "I'm still reading."

Elisabeth
PS The laptop is taking a little trip next week, so I won't be posting for awhile. I promise I'll write plenty, though, and come back as soon as possible.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard