Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone.

Regards,

Rac

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac, I was very interested that you said you were a lawyer in the previous feedback response. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, given the attention to detail and the excellent flow of this story through all these many chapters. No wonder your courtroom scenes are so good.

The race is on now, to see if Lok Sim can trace the unauthorized access back to Rae Et before she does whatever she's planning to do to get her son out of custody. I still think her 'rescue' effort will be crippled due to insufficient personnel, but there's still a huge danger for all those who don't want Nor to get away.

Awww! Talan has a very nice evening with her brother and his family. They're nice people, and it's great that she has someone to talk to about her heart's condition. Everybody needs someone like that. Clark has Zara and Ching and even Enza, but Talan has only her brother. And this isn't something she could share with anyone else, anyway.

Lois has made some progress in working out her feelings of frustration, and it's nice to see Jonathan give her the advice she needed. She and Clark have been separated for so long, it's going to take some time for them to really fall in love again. Long separations take their toll on any relationship, even a super one.

Like Maria, I'm a little surprised that the judges plan to take four weeks to return a verdict, but I suppose that has to do with both Kryptonian jurisprudence and the dramatic requirements of your story.

Looking forward to the final chapter, which of course won't be the final part of the story, because we have Installment III coming up soon! I hope you take enough time off to recharge both your muse and your creative lobes, but not so much time that we get worried about you. This is one I'm definitely going to save when I get the whole thing from the archive.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So Martha and Jonathan read Lois's journal. Well, she asked them to. And that's good, because now Lois will be able to talk to her parents-in-law in a way she couldn't do before.

And Lok Sim still suspects that something is not right with communications, that some sort of foul play is going on. He's right, of course, and Rae Et is behind it all. I wonder if that Damage Control Chief, Sur Ahn, is involved. That seems probable. Well, I have faith in Lok Sim to uncover the plot. Only, once again, don't let anything happen to him (or to Enza, for example)!

I adored the description of how Lois read stories to Jon. How typical that children that age want to hear the same story over and over. Being able to learn a story by heart, being able to predict exactly how it will go - there is something deeply, fundamentally satisfying about it. Something almost magical. For once, you can feel that you know the future.

I very much liked Lois's talk with Jonathan. No doubt Martha and Jonathan will be able to give her even more support than they have done so far, if she will only let them.

I loved seeing Talan with her brother and her brother's family. I didn't entirely approve of the questions he asked her about Clark, however. On the other hand, maybe it was good for Talan to be able to say a few things out loud. For the first time ever, she admitted to another person that she loves Kal El. But she also made it perfectly clear that nothing can come out of her feelings for the First Minister. And maybe Serick is right - maybe Talan, too can find love and have a family in the future.

And Clark will have to wait for four weeks for the verdict against Nor - and hopefully Lok Sim will have stopped Rae Et by then. After that, Clark will be able to go home. Of course it will be difficult for Clark and Lois to build a new relationship together. I, too, realize that there are going to be many difficulties. I do expect their love to be sufficiently strong to weather the unavoidable tensions and pitfalls, however.

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I realize that this is kind of late in the progression of this story, but Lois has been Ultrawoman for 4 years now, right?

How did she ever figure out how to keep her hair in shape? I don't imagine Clark gave her extensive lessons before he left.

Maybe if you need some sort of 'tension reliever' you can have Lois flashback to her early attempts at 'heat-vision grooming'.

Tank (who is the only one who would even think of this)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Dropping in to say I've caught up and am so thoroughly impressed with how wonderfully complete this story is.

Great job - I am looking forward to the foiling of Rae Et's plan (I hope!) and Clark going HOME!

Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments everyone and sorry for the delay in replying.

Maria, I'm glad you liked this section. As to why the decision is going to take weeks instead of days, in real life, judicial decisions take a long time. The judges don't just say guilty or not guilty, they have to support their decision with a well reasoned opinion or risk being overruled. Being a lawyer, I like to write the legal dramas as true to life as possible while still working within the narrative structure.

Hi Terry, thanks for your very kind words. I'm glad you've been enjoying the courtroom sections. It's also nice to hear that the scene with Talan and her brother worked for you. You're right that he's the only one she can talk to about these things. I think that losing their parents brought them even closer and Serick is probably not just her brother, but her best friend, too. And I agree that Lois and Clark's separation has taken and will continue to take a great toll on them.

Thanks for your comments, Ann. Lois definitely has taken a big step forward, but I think she has a long way to go. After years of sublimating things up, she's only now started to talk about them. I expect it will be a struggle for her.

As for Talan and her brother, I think the questions he asked her only really make sense given their relationship. Most people really don't need someone else to encourage them to indulge in hopeless, idle speculation. Talan, however bottles up everything and doesn't talk about anything at all. And while someone else in her position might obsess, she represses. These are definitely things that Serick knows about her and I think he's hoping that she won't just hold it all in until it becomes overwhelming.

Tank, thank you for the comic relief. I hadn't give too much thought to just how Lois would go about keeping her hairstyle neat and professional looking. You'll be happy to know, that since she's Ultrawoman now, she's pretty much committed to the short hair look.

Liz, I'm glad that you're reading and enjoying the story. More coming up soon.

Thanks!

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard