Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
What a very, very lovely story!

I know I should be mad at Lois for using him like that. For testing out what he gives her out of the goodness of his heart.
But frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. laugh
Well, not too much of one. I think I understand. She just can't believe he's not too good to be true. It's very Lois Laneish.
I read the part where he carries her to her apartment in his arms, and melted into a useless puddle of pink fluff. drool
I loved how long it was and as I read it, wished it would take a really long time to end.
I think this is going on my list of all-time favourite vignettes.
Great work!
Still encased in a warm, fuzzy pink cloud,
Hasini. love

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is... bone-meltingly sweet and wonderful and WAFFy. Such a romantic woman's fantasy -- drop-dead gorgeous guy who's willing to do anything for you, with no expectation of anything in return?

I do love the way you wrote Clark's reactions to her erratic and unusual behavior... so that when it came down to it, he could take control and get things out in the open where they could both enjoy them.

Just beautiful.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Yes, this was sweet.

Hey, you know what they say - if it's too good to be true...it is.

Well, usually, anyways. smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Just wonderful!

Wonderful, lovable, adorable, sweet, sweet, honestly kind and loving Clark...yes, too good to be true. And yet, he is for real. And he loves Lois.

Oh, the warm, warm fuzzy feeling I get out of this vignette ought to be enough to shield me from the blizzard that is expected here in southern Sweden on Monday morning!

Oh, so beautiful! sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow.. I loved it! I haven't read something that made me melt like this in a while.

Oh and the laughter:

Well, she did have a dead battery. But it was the kind of thing he’d have said if it was a genuine battery death, rather than murder. Battricide. Whatever.
That line made me laugh so hard.

I have the biggest dorkiest smile on my face right now. Thank you for giving me a great start to my day. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, battricide. You should submit that to a dictionary.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I loved this story! I agree with the others in that Lois was taking advantage of Clark's good nature. But it does capture the insecurity of first season Lois.

As I was reading the story, Roy Orbison's classic song "You Got It" was playing through my head.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I absolutely loved "battricide" too... and I love Roy Orbison's song.

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Janet, you do this so well. I loved this fic. I really did. It was just... and... not to mention.... well, darn. I can't find the words. But I loved it.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Oh yes, that "battricide" thing was funny smile

I should have mentioned that as well.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww!!! I loved this, it was just so... awww!!! smile

At the risk of sounding a broken record... loved the battricide line. laugh Very witty!!

Every next line was just oozing with waff. One of the cutest and sweetest things I've read in a while. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story! And yes, I too loved the line about battricide. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, now, if it's going to produce more stories like this one, I reckon you should re-read every story I've ever written in the hope that you'll find more passages to inspire you. I might even send you some unfinished ones just in case.... wink

Nicely done, Janet. thumbsup Very nicely done.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, I am such a fan of your writing! This was wonderful smile

Well, she did have a dead battery. But it was the kind of thing he’d have said if it was a genuine battery death, rather than murder. Battricide. Whatever.
rotflol

The Baby Bumblebee song. That ought to do it. If she even let herself *think* about that song, the tune would be stuck in her head for hours.
ARGH! Now, why did you have to go and do that to me?

*fights back with "Henry the Eighth"*

His arms remained tightly around her. “No,” he repeated, his voice deeper and firmer than usual. It was a more commanding tone than she’d ever heard him use, and yet, somehow it was strangely familiar. “I finally have you where I want you, and –“
*sigh* I'm fluttering here...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! You give us a sweet, sympathetic first-season Lois, and yet one who isn't out of character. Her many tests are very believable, and when she got the migraine I couldn't help but think of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. But even then, Clark doesn't let her down.

I liked that in the end, she made the connection between Clark and Superman on her own. I liked everything about it, really. I see myself returning to this one when I need a pick-me-up one day, so thank you! smile

Caroline

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush Thank you all for your lovely comments! You really made my day with your feedback!

I'm so glad you all liked the 'battricide' line. Once again, that was one of the original thoughts that just flowed when I was getting my rough ideas down, and I built the scene around it.

Phil, thanks again for your story and the lines which inspired this. I'm glad you like what I came up with.

I'm glad, too, that you all feel I've managed to keep Lois and Clark in character. That was my goal - to explore the "what if" of Lois testing out her belief, but in a way that kept both of them "our" Lois and Clark.

The song... well, whenever my husband is waiting for something, like our girls to get their socks and shoes on, or something, he starts to whistle that song. It drives me nuts because it stays in my head.

Now, however, I'm thinking of "Henry the Eighth" for some reason. goofy

Thank you all again for the lovely feedback!

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard