Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tahu Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Oh this chapter was so cute and full of feelings. Totally loved it and I loved the carnival.

Can't wait for the next part. smile1

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
“Clark Kent!” Lois yelled loudly to the spacious barn. There was a clunk, and then a muffled curse. Clark’s head popped out from beneath the large green tractor, his hair endearingly ruffled and his glasses askew.

“Lois?” Clark hastily stood; brushing the dirt self consciously off his jeans. He reached up to fix his glasses, leaving a smudge across his right cheek. He was completely oblivious to it. Lois’ heart melted slightly.
Oh, how sweet! I love how his adorable innocence affects her.

She walked slowly to him. When she was a mere two feet away, she brought one hand up to rest on his shoulder and looked up at him earnestly. He stood, frozen to the spot. Was he dreaming? The spot where her fingers casually rested on the soft flannel of his shirt burned. Nope, not a dream.
And what about the way she affects him? goofy

“I also don’t know whether the heck you listened in on the phone with my conversation with my father or not,” When Clark opened his mouth to speak, Lois hastily continued. “And I don’t care anymore. You were there when I needed you, again. You’re a strange one, Clark Kent, but…” Lois trailed off, unable to find the right words to express her jumbled feelings.

With another aggravated sigh, Lois bit the bullet and moved her hand from Clark’s shoulder to his neck. Before he knew what exactly was happening, she had stood on her tip toes and shoved his neck forward, their lips meeting in a kiss.
Oh, that's wonderful! Lois doesn't know how to express her jumbled feelings to Clark in words, and then her subconcscious (or her heart, or her libido, or whatever) takes over and she just kisses him!!! sloppy

Clark remained frozen for about a millionth of a second before he responded with equal vigor, letting out a soft groan as his desires cumulated into the kiss. He moved one hand to tangle in her hair and the other to gently pull her closer. After a few more blissful moments, Clark’s kisses became shorter and gentler and finally he pulled back an inch.

“You—I—We--” Clark’s grip on her loosened, in case she wanted to slip away, but he kept a tentative hand on her back.

“Are you always this articulate after you sweep a girl off her feet?” Lois was unable to keep the smile from her face.
Aaaawwww!!!

“I do, Clark,” Lois answered.
Whoa, Lois! It's a bit early to exchange marriage vows already, isn't it? (Sorry... lame joke....)

And I'm sorry I'm not going to quote more from this part. But I love how you showed us Lois and Clark's love as something that is much stronger than anger and misunderstandings. And I loved seeing them having fun together at the Smallville Winter Carnival! smile

Looking forward to more, Laura!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved the chapter, Laura. It was very nice, fluffy, waffy... I'm running out of adjectivs. I'm looking forward to your next post. thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
I seem to be catching up with this story every three parts or so.

From part five:
“A boy? No wonder you don’t want to leave, you damn slut.”

Clark heard that and froze, mindlessly squeezing the knife in his hand. It crumpled like tinfoil. His mother gasped, unaware of what was causing the reckless loss of control for Clark but she had to snap him out of it. She lightly touched his shoulder, but he didn’t respond, merely furrowed his brow and listened.

“—it’s not like that Dad! He saved me. I almost died.”

“Right. The car crash. That was your mother’s car! You’re causing so many damn problems. If only you’d have been a son. He’d have managed to make it through a little road trip without crashing the car.”

Lois was crying softly, horrified and yet unable to hang up.

“Cry you damn bitch. Just like your mother. Go get down on your knees for some country hack and enjoy a little roll in the hay. Then come crawling back to me when you’re pregnant and alone.”

Her father angrily slammed the phone down and Lois sat for a moment, shell shocked and shaking.
Holy shi-I mean crap! Really, I meant to say crap! wink

eek I imagine this was the expression on my face when I read that.

And this last part was just so wonderful! I can't wait to read more. Although, I fear that something bad is going to happen next--something bad ALWAYS happens next!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They are just sooooooo adorable when they're happy.

And of course bad things are about to happen. <cue background music; something dramatic> It's built into the structure of the story. Clark has to confront his demons (with Lois by his side), struggle, and eventually win. Lois, ditto. Their love must be tested, but it will hold strong, and then.... <music swells to a dramatic crecendo> well, actually, <sound track grounds to a stop> I don't know about then. laugh Must have lost my sensei wink

Laura, can't wait to find out what you've got smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I tried to leave FDK for this three separate times in the past few days and kept getting interrupted. GRRR. /me is not happy when my L&C time is intruded upon. But this little rant is not why I am here, is it?

She kissed him! Yea!

Love the carnival, the locket, all the wonderful waffiness, and the fact that Lois is still Lois. Off to read chapter eight!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard