Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, lemme have it smile

Thanks to KathyB, Rivka, Claire, Annie and Marnie for helping me figure out what the heck to do with the mess I had to start with wink

This story is finished, but I haven't gone through and planned out all the breaks, so I'm not entirely sure how many sections I'll be posting it in. It might go to 6 parts, but it's more likely that it will only take 5 parts.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Oooh, a sequel to 'H is for Hubris'!

I enjoyed that story so much and now I have something new to look forward to.

Great start, Pam! I love the (mostly) unwanted attraction to Clark, Lex chasing Lois who is not terribly interested, Lois chasing Superman (and simultaneously fighting the urge to chase Clark.)

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Blogger
Blogger
Hey, Chief,

as always, it's an honor to help. I mean, who couldn't love working on a story that starts:
The dream started innocently enough, as it usually did. Lois would be in her kitchen, though she'd never quite been able to figure out what she was doing there. Then she'd hear a sound, and turn, and *he* would be there, standing at the edge of the room. He'd smile slightly, and open his arms to her... and she would practically fly across the room to join him. After that, it was mostly a series of images... flashes of feeling. The way it felt when he kissed her neck. The smooth interplay of his muscles beneath her hands. The look in his eyes that made her feel so very precious. The way he whispered her name. The view of her bedroom ceiling, largely blotted out by his gorgeous face above her. The sense that finally, she'd come home.

"Oh, Clark..." It was usually at this point that she woke up. Flushed and over-warm, aching with loss.
drool

There are so many great bits, but let's just pick two:
the entire "make phone calls" dialogues laugh

Wonderful!
claire

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woohoo..great start Pam!

I too really enjoyed 'H is for Hubris'. It was on so many "must read" lists that it was one of the first stories I read when I started the archive.

I really like reading a rewrite of an episode that makes it all fresh again! smile

Can't wait for part 2!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh, you posted! dance

First off, ditto on what Claire said! laugh and
"Lois, you can't do your job if you're dead."
rotflol

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Pam! Great start to the story! I can't wait til the next post (*hint hint POST AGAIN SOON hint hint*).

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
She didn't want help from Superman, but maybe... maybe this was a job for Clark Kent.
Yes! Go, Clark! goofy

Can't wait for MORE! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been looking forward to this one a lot, Pam, and it starts great. The mutual attraction, but both don't want to do something about it. The fight over who's going to cover the fire. The phone call from Lex (yay! she's not really going out with Luthor, just for the story!). The conversation between Lois and Superman (great, she's starting to see Superman as just him and gets more interested in Clark) and then the talk at the Daily Planet. I like that Lois puts Clark back to his place and goes to investigate alone.

So, looking forward to more. Any hopes on today? If not, I'll have fun catching up next week after my holidays.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! The sequel! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

Yay, a sequel to 'H Is For Hubris'! smile1

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay a rewrite, I love those! /me dances

"Oh. Um, let me look at my schedule." Lois tucked the phone mouthpiece under her chin and reached across the desk for her calendar. It was empty. She brought the phone back up to her mouth. "Gosh, I'm sorry, Lex, but I just can't. An investigative reporter's work is never done, you know.
rotflol
HAR
You go, girlfriend! Keep that good-for-nothing billionaire in his place.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Yay, a sequel to H is for Hubris *and* a re-write of IGACOY!!! I've been waiting for this ever since you first mentioned it!! laugh

I loved the whole story, but these are my favorite lines:

She didn't even notice how soft Clark's hair was, or marvel at the physique he was hiding behind those concealing business suits, or thrill at his rare polite touches. Or at least, not much.
Poor Lois. Clark is just too good to ignore... most of the time wink

But he didn't want to use Superman to jump-start their relationship. It felt like cheating, or bragging.
I thought that was an interesting point. Yeah, at this point in their relationship it almost would seem like bragging -- because she was falling over Superman and not Clark. smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Pam good job. You have my interest! So what happens next?<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great start, Pam! smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pam,

Oooh Missy stole my comment. I, too, just went back to "H" to remind me of some things and found myself caught up in it, reading it all over again--and it was even better the second time around.

I love the dreams and can't wait to see where "I" takes us. Great start and I'm sure that with their altered background--you will move along their relationship beautifully in your rewrite of this ep.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, this one has some interesting possibilities. smile1 I haven't seen many extrapolations of this particular ep. If you've got it mostly written, you're going to post quickly, right?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Pam,
great start
looking forward to what comes next
soon please
merry

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone!

I'm detecting a few themes:

Oooh, a sequel to 'H is for Hubris'!
Yes, I admit it, I wrote a sequel. I consider this out of character for myself, and don't usually do it, but Our Heros were at such an interesting point at the end of "Hubris" that I just couldn't help returning to them, to see where they'd go from there. Of course, the usual rule of sequels applies -- the first story was ~45k, this one is closer to 105k. smile

I really like reading a rewrite of an episode that makes it all fresh again!
I try, ma'am wink The danger with re-writes, I think, is that the new version isn't different enough from the original, leaving the reader with a glazed-over look and a desire to hit the "fast-forward" button smile1

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard