Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38563 02/05/07 04:50 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww!!! Jessi, that was excellent! Beautiful little fic.

I just hope this actually makes sense...
Well... duh!

She lifted the ragged old stuffed rabbit to cradle it against her chest with all of the tenderness her son had once given it.
I can't help but smile - you gave him a stuffed rabbit. I love stuffed rabbits. It's just so absolutely adorable to me that he would have one.

he rabbit was missing one eye and many patches of fur due to years of adoration from a dark-haired, gentle-hearted little boy.
and this is so totally awwww!!! mecry years of adoration. Ah, now see what you've done, I'm crying again! I'll never be able to see any of my rabbits without imagining cute little toddler Clark holding it by the foot and tugging him around with him all over the place.

They would go to Metropolis and watch their only child – their miracle son, in so many ways – fly out of their lives... possibly forever.
just brilliant. just totally moving and beautiful and brilliant.

Against all odds, as a helpless infant, he had found his way home to them once. He would do it again. She had to believe that. What else could she do?
/me disappears in a pool of tears.

..and this is from the girl who thought that what someone else had written at the end of another story was better than her own stuff. AH! Girl, you don't need me - you've got tons of talent, you just don't believe it yet - I'm not even worthy of playing in the same league you are. Please, *please* post things more often. Or, I seriously will come over and kick you!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
She lifted the ragged old stuffed rabbit to cradle it against her chest with all of the tenderness her son had once given it.
sniffle

Oh, wow, Jessi, this entire piece is so touching. You painted Martha's pain so clearly.

Actually it was mostly inspired by one of MrsMosley's comments on the first chapter my story Through a Glass, Darkly.
I went back and looked, and I think I know which comment you mean. If so, it was a direct result of a line already in your story. So, as much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for inspiring this beautiful fic. smile

I hope to see more work from you soon, Jessi!

Lisa (who likes a good cry now and again)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
I am continually amazed at the beauty of the writing here. Your portrayal is so vivid. I can completely imagine a young Clark getting bandaged up, or Martha's expression as she turns to Jonathan. Absolutely poignant.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
This was lovely! I love the feelings evoked by the things in his room and Martha's yearning back to that simpler time. You've captured a mother's heart perfectly, I think.

Great job!

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was beautiful, Jessi. i could see them so clearly in that room.

bit was missing one eye and many patches of fur due to years of adoration from a dark-haired, gentle-hearted little boy.
yes smile

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't mind that it took you more than twenty minutes to write this! It's all the better for it. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow, beautiful!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, and I was nervous posting this blush

Thank you, everyone, this feedback as really made my day (month/year)!

I'll never be able to see any of my rabbits without imagining cute little toddler Clark holding it by the foot and tugging him around with him all over the place.
Well now we're even, because my towel is yellow and now I can never take a shower without picturing cute little toddler Clark all wrapped up in it! (And cute grown up Clark bottom peeking out of it....)

I'm not even worthy of playing in the same league you are.
<snort> This from the lady Sue offered her crown to? I think you're in a much higher league than myself.

So, as much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for inspiring this beautiful fic.
It was your comment, though, that really made me stop to think about it. When I was trying to think of a subject for the Martha Kent challenge you comment was the first thing that came to mind. I think you deserve some credit wink

Thank you again to everyone who reviewed! I'm so happy to know you liked it.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well now we're even, because my towel is yellow and now I can never take a shower without picturing cute little toddler Clark all wrapped up in it! (And cute grown up Clark bottom peeking out of it....)
That yellow towel is going down in history. *lol*

<snort> This from the lady Sue offered her crown to? I think you're in a much higher league than myself.
Oh, please - she had to have been OD'ed on NyQuil! The day I can top anything Sue writes is the day I quit my day job and start writing naughty novels for a living.

...and yes, I'm not supposed to be here. I swore I would not come and see if part 9 of Platonic was up. So, of course, I had to come and see. Believe me, after reading *that* I know for sure that I'll be writing Perl scripts for a long, looooong time to come.

(off I go to leave feedback since I'm obviously way too distracted to code now. I'll just have to work on my lunch hour again. *lol*)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard