Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yeah, the whole scene with the cards was just so wonderful. laugh

I love the approach you have taken with a younger Lois and Clark. Very heart-warming and inspiring. Well writen and just overall a great story smile

More soon! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I just caught up with this today. It's wonderful. I love it!!!

More soon please!
Carol

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've never been one to like Lois and Clark meeting before 'they are supposed to', but I have to admit that I'm enjoying this story.

We've got a Lois who is pre-federal disaster relationships, and only has to spectre of her disfunctional family hanging over her. This makes for a situation where she would tend to seek out someone who could give her comfort and validation for who she is.

So, it should be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tank (who thinks that Lois should get a haircut just to show her independance from her family)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, this segment was so sad but wonderful. I know that Lois and Clark will work this out. But he asked her to stay with him forever? They're teenagers! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like everybody said, how can you not love Martha Kent when you have read this chapter? Martha is always wonderful.

Unfortunately, I felt angry and slightly upset after reading this chapter anyway. I was angry at Lois and upset at Smallville as a community. How could Lois treat Clark so very badly, when she is staying in his parents' home and they have saved her life, even though she is a total stranger to them and they owe her nothing? How can she think that she is sufficiently polite when she deigns to speak to Jonathan and Martha, but treats Clark like dirt? Okay, Lois is only seventeen years old, but I was still so angry at her.

As for Smallville as a community....what, Clark received a death threat because people thought he was gay? Well, we all know that Clark isn't gay, which is pretty much the point of LnC anyway. But what if there had been another young man in Smallville who had really been gay? Would that have made it all right to threaten to kill him? Suddenly, that charming Smallville hospitality doesn't seem so charming anymore.

Ah, but... I'm glad to see Lois coming around, and I'm certainly looking forward to the next chapter, Laura!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
wow great chapter. Loved it and I hope they can work it out in time before Lois has to leave.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful part, Laura! Yes, I definitely love Martha Kent. And I hope Lois and Calrk will work this out soon. Perhaps he could tell her why he couldn't help listening in?

Clark soothing Lois and Martha trying to fiox things between Lois and Calrk were both moving scenes. Your story is absolutely adorable!!!!

Keep up the good work!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yes, I, too, love Martha Kent. You write her very well, Laura. Very nice chapter.

As for Smallville as a community....what, Clark received a death threat because people thought he was gay? Well, we all know that Clark isn't gay, which is pretty much the point of LnC anyway. But what if there had been another young man in Smallville who had really been gay? Would that have made it all right to threaten to kill him? Suddenly, that charming Smallville hospitality doesn't seem so charming anymore.
It's a small town, Ann, I can completely see this happening. And you're right, it's not charming at all.

But the Kents are, as is this story! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This started off so "awww...." but then quickly turned to "oops!" Lois is a teenager, she's bound to be still immature in some areas. Martha rocks. Poor Clark.

The story, though ... as I recall, Clark lost control of his strength and nearly killed Jeff. But Martha couldn't tell Lois that. So I'm wondering how much of what she told Lois was straight-up truth and how much was, um, shaded...
maybe the death threat wasn't about being gay, but about putting Jeff in the hospital. Still not charming, granted.

PJ
whose head is still fuzzy from this stupid cold

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey guys, thanks for all the reviews. I've been thinking hard about well, what I meant exactly. I haven't had anyone else read this story before I posted because nobody I knows watches the show or has any kind of interest in writing at all. So I've made countless mistakes, though I tried to catch them all. I can see the point of view that it's too extreme of a threat, but it was also done by Jeff--then 16. I think it was more of a cruel joke than an actual "I'm going to go through with it" threat, which is why the police let him off. I probably should have had Martha explain that a little more fully to Lois. Anyway, thanks for the comments. They made me think and later if I do another serious revision, I might have to add on a little and make some of the suggestions you all have been supplying. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Columnist
Columnist
one of my friends is gay and he got a death thread in a city near my home town. We have 40.000 people living there. Not a small town, but small minds. mad

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
One of the great things about small American towns is that everybody knows everybody else and what they're doing.

One of the bad things about small American towns is that everybody knows everybody else and what they're doing.

If any of us were to move to a small American town (population five thousand or less - sa-lute!) we'd be 'the new people' even after ten years. I don't know if small towns in other countries exhibit the same symptoms, but I suspect this reflects a characteristic of human nature rather than an American custom. So while Smallville's reaction to Jeff's rumors about Clark are deplorable, they're also true to life.

Another characteristic of small American towns is that it's very difficult to start over. If you get a negative reputation, whether deserved or not, it tends to stick with you like a limpet. Larger communities give you the chance to be anonymous and invisible, but the drawback is that there are fewer people (if any) who will go out of their way to help you if you get in trouble. Smaller towns usually try to take care of their own, even the ones with bad reps.

This is an interesting quandry you've set up here. Since Clark really did hurt Jeff, he can't deny that he hurt him, nor can he effectively fight the rumor about his being gay without explaining that he nearly buried Jeff alive with one tackle. So, while the rumor mill did put in some overtime on Clark, the Kents couldn't very well combat it with the truth without risking even more trouble.

This story makes me wonder where Lana Lang is in all of this. Apparently, she's with the majority of students who have judged Clark without a trial and without any evidence. But I wonder if she'll pop up later on and try to get between Clark and Lois. And if she does, how successful will she be? (Not very, I hope.)

Yeah, Clark is a 'super' guy, Lois. And you don't know the half of it yet.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard