Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
her laughter turned into a startled gasp as he swiftly lifted her up and into his arms
I am just a little jealous of Lois!

He kept his hands firmly on her waist, supporting her.
Ok, forget a little, I'm a *lot* jealous!

This is such a lovely, sweet chapter, Laura. I love this story; it's cozy, a warm blanket on a cold night.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
this story is soooo cute. Oh I loved the ice-skating and everything.

Thank you.

Can't wait for part 5.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, the ice-skating was so lovely! And now that Lois is injured, she might just possibly have to stay longer???

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This was a great part. So like Lois to just take off without thinking about what she's doing.
Lois had suggested ice skating as a way to relieve the pressure of the moment. She had forgotten she was terrible at it.
And Lois is really getting comfortable with Clark. I can just imagine her reaction if Clark had scooped her up and carried her in the early episodes or laughed at her making a fool of herself.
Lois detested being laughed at, preferring to be the instigator rather than the unfortunate victim, but for once she didn’t feel threatened.
The ending was really funny too.
Lois was freezing in his arms and he sighed. As much as he liked having her this close, it was starting to become ridiculous.

As he trekked back to the house, no small feat considering he was on skates, he gave a thoughtful grin to the woman in his arms.

“Do you always attract trouble like this?”

She harrumphed, obviously disliking the feeling of helplessness.

“Only since I’ve met you,” She responded shortly, crossing her arms over her chest. The gesture looked so incongruous while she was being carried that Clark couldn’t help a short burst of laughter.
:rolleyes: Lois always attracts trouble. laugh

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry I disappeared for the last few parts.

From part 3:

“I can take care of myself,” Lois said, a bit more vehemently than she planned.
Some things never change. Her pigheadedness probably gets worse with age!

Instead of recoiling as most of her acquaintances did at her sharp tone, Clark merely nodded.
Clark was never one to be intimidated or put off by her temper.

The inside cover was filled with writing. It was all the same; a spiky hand that pressed into the page so deeply it nearly reached the other side of the thick cover. She read some of the print, her mind violently revolting to the sentiments.

It was crude, jeering. Clark was called a barrage of names that she only heard shouted from the Metropolis cabbies in the worst of traffic. It didn’t stop there though. She flipped through the first couple of pages and saw that they had been horrible maimed by a black Sharpie.
Poor Clark!

I love how Lois is still slightly abrasive and mistrustful, but because she's younger and hasn't been jaded yet, her softer side is more easily seen. And I like how you show us Clark's pain and vulnerability growing up.

I love this story and am looking forward to reading more.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you to everybody who left comments!

MrsMoseley-- I think there isn't a girl on the planet who wouldn't be jealous of Lois, quite a few guys too. goofy Thanks for reviewing

Tahu-- Thanks. smile I know this chapter was a bit slow, but it'll be better and faster soon. (I hope) But I'm glad you enjoyed them ice skating. Wish I could go ice skating with Clark...

TOC-- She just might, but her injury isn't too bad. But her car... well... we're probably looking at a week or so. Lots of things can happen in a week. laugh

vive60-- Glad you liked the ending. I figured Lois probably wouldn't be quite so prone to getting in trouble at the age of 17, but she met Clark so of course, she has to start. wink

symbolicangel--

I love how Lois is still slightly abrasive and mistrustful, but because she's younger and hasn't been jaded yet, her softer side is more easily seen. And I like how you show us Clark's pain and vulnerability growing up.
Thank you! It's actually a refreshing change to write a not so mistrustful Lois and a slightly more outwardly vulnerable Clark.

Thanks again everyone, you made a pretty lousy day just about ten times better.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard