Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Great chapter! I especially like the last line.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, what a great start! It makes me want to comment as I read...

“And how close were you?” Becca wanted to know. “I mean, could you see the color of his eyes?”

“Blue!” Jessica stated, convinced.

Becca chuckled. “Yeah, Jess. Chocolate-blue.”
Love that line! Chocolate-blue. Hmm, I might borrow it sooner or later.

“Not talk about Superman?” Anna asked, somewhat shocked. “But he’s cool!”
I think he's hot.

“You don’t know the color of his eyes; you just guessed, right?” She addressed Becca. Her expression was hopeful as if learning that Becca knew Superman personally would destroy her view of the world.
Of course not. His eyes could just as well be meadow-blue, or hazel-blue, or violet-blue, or whatever blue springs to mind...

Becca grinned. She’d easily win that money. But she knew that it wouldn’t be right. If it hadn’t been Jessi, maybe Becca would have agreed. If it had been that terrible girl she had met back in Plymouth, Becca most definitely would have robbed her of her money. She had deserved that. But Jessi and Anna were her friends.
This morality Becca displays shows that she really is Clark's daughter.

Becca thought back to their flights. “I think it’s even cooler than flying in your dreams is. I mean, you would feel the wind in your face. And you’d know that you are safe with him. I imagine that flying with Superman would feel so safe that even Jessi would dare to do it.”
Yes, I imagine it that way, too. *sigh*

“Good. Mom said that she has to know this before tomorrow, so she can go on planning the weekend. She is awfully busy these days and that always makes her impatient.” Anna sighed. “Adults!”
clap evil

“You didn’t look like you just ate something bad, Clark. That has happened to me, too, but I didn’t end up lying on the floor,” Lois disagreed.

“Lois, CK?” Jimmy yelled through the newsroom and gave the conversation a sudden end. “There was a dead body found close to the docks. Perry wants you to investigate that.”
I don't think Clark is sorry about this Jimmy interruptus! wink

This would be just another ugly picture in his head that would lead to a few lines in the newspaper.
The price of being a reporter...

Klasse story! Und wag es ja nicht, jetzt aufzuhören!!!

Challenge for our native English (or French) FoLCs: Try to pronounce 'jetzt'! (Hint: the 'j' is pronounced like the 'y' in 'yes, the 'e' like the 'e' in 'bet', 't' as usual and the 'z' is pronounced like 'ts' together.) evil

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
this line I absolutely love:

Becca chuckled. “Yeah, Jess. Chocolate-blue.”
smile

The whole part with Meadows' assistant is great. I can't wait to find out more about what's going on, there!! ...and *yay* for New Year's in Smallville. hehehe! laugh Will there be mistletoe there, too?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Keine Sorge, Mellie. Ich werde nicht aufhören, dafür mach die ganze Sache viel zu viel Spaß. Allerdings weiß ich nicht, wann ich das alles erledigen soll. Meine Dr. Klein zwanzig Minuten Challenge soll auch noch einen Nachfolger haben, H I L F E !!!!

Hi, and thanks to all of you. No worries, I didn't describe Mellie the rest of the story wink

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad you liked the choclate blue. I had to think of cherry green, a friend of mine says that when someone is crossing the street when the lights show red smile

Lara, where did you get that pic? It's absolutely hilarious. And definitely fits to your Clark is Batman series.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, Lara's pic is great. rotflol

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, and Nancy? This is Child Service Lady free!
smile

And of course to Nancy. It's hard to tell how much of the story is yours, since your comments are inspiring. Even if they are about the Child Services
Well, thank you!

“And how close were you?” Becca wanted to know. “I mean, could you see the color of his eyes?”

“Blue!” Jessica stated, convinced.
drool

How old is Becca again? Seven?

She had implied that coming from a small town hadn’t prepared him for life in a big city.
I believe that this is what folks from big cities think, but it has been my observation that those from the small towns can handle the big cities much better than the folks from big cities can handle small towns. Some folks freak out when they find out there’s no pizza delivery, etc. (Of course, that’s in the States.)

Great part. More soon!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara, where did you get that pic? It's absolutely hilarious. And definitely fits to your Clark is Batman series.
laugh Glad you liked it / laughed at it. hehe. I figured it matched my series, yeah. And since you guys want me to continue it, anyway.. *lol*

I don't remember where I got the picture from... I've had that on a CD for ages. I can post the full size image if you'd like? (I have another one of just him, too)

And by the way, if you haven't seen my "Proof that Clark is not Wonder Woman image - check out the FDK thread from Cut From the Same Cape - worth a few giggles, too. smile

I believe that this is what folks from big cities think, but it has been my observation that those from the small towns can handle the big cities much better than the folks from big cities can handle small towns.
I guess I'm special, then. *lol* I was born and raised in Montreal and lived most of my life there -- that's a city of roughly a million people. edit: after looking up the actual number, looks like it's 1,500,000+. whoa! Big city. Huge. I currently live in a small town of about 10,000 people where, if I want to go to the "supermarket" (let's pretend it's a supermarket!) and even though I go through the main road, I will be traveling a few miles between lots and lots of corn fields and I may even see a few cows... I'm perfectly happy there. Best town I ever lived in. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, liked this chapter a lot. Chocolate-blue, eh? Mmmmmmmmmmmm. drool

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard