Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
whinging It's over. It's over.

Okay, I'm going to pull it together, particularly since you're obviously going to write another sequel.

But he'd said that she was his best friend. She couldn't deny that he was hers as well. Without him she would have to return to the lonely existence that she had lived before he had splashed into her life in a tropical ocean, eleven hundred years in the past. He had searched the world for her and ultimately traveled through time to find her and save her life. And now he was asking her to take the ultimate step: to spend the rest of her life with him, and to let him spend his life with her. And after all, what kind of life would she have without him? Sterile; lonely; safe from hurt -- but never happy. But did she dare to take the risk?

Could she dare *not* to take it? Sometimes, as Alice had said, if you didn't risk it all you could miss out on life itself. And, with Clark Kent, she certainly wouldn't miss out on life.
Nice introspective. And, of course, Alice is right.

"This is my Christmas gift, he said. "I hope you like it."

Lois watched, almost bemused, as he slipped a glittering diamond ring onto the third finger of her left hand. The ring caught the light, breaking it into rainbow colors. She caught her breath at the realization of what it meant and wondered for an instant how much of his reporter's salary he had sacrificed for it.
I remember that moment. Awww...

"It was my mother's," Clark said. "My father got it from his grandmother and gave it to my mother. It's been in the Kent family for seven generations."

The diamond was beautiful: not the engagement ring of a farmer's wife.

"It's lovely," she said, turning the ring in the light of the overhead lamp. She looked doubtfully at him. "Are you sure?"
How sentimental! Seven generations? I believe that about Clark.

Well done.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
"Intergang is in for a *lot* of trouble," she said, a note of glee in her voice. "This is going to be *fun*!"
Indeed! laugh

As my sig says... expecting your next story Nan! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh... nice smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't been reading this because I want to read it 'properly', so hope you've already sent it to the archive, Nan.

But I did read this final part (bad habit, I know), and thought it was wonderful. Beautiful moments.

not to mention that we get a bit of Henderson here , too. smile

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
mecry aww that was a wonderful ending. Loved the proposal and the all the other mushy stuff.

I also love that fact that Lois is getting to keep her powers, even if they are at a lower level. And that doesn't mean that a nice little electrical accident couldn't happen every once in a while... wink

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks to everyone for the comments. HISMCV-OYL has now been proofread (twice), revised slightly and sent to the Archive.

Thanks to those who stuck with the story over the months of delay that intervened. Now I can go back and finish my Original fic, "Vector", and then decide which fanfic to go with next. I have several partials sitting on my hard drive. Or maybe I'll write a stand alone. Oh, the possibilities ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nan, I, too, enjoyed the sweet final chapter. Now, of course, I'm wondering if you will show us what Clark and Lois's engagement will be like, and hopefully later their married life together.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
Now I can go back and finish my Original fic, "Vector"...{ hyper }, and then decide which fanfic to go with next. I have several partials sitting on my hard drive. Or maybe I'll write a stand alone. Oh, the possibilities ...

Nan
I smell lots of Nanfic in the air!!!! laugh

hyper Yippeeee!!!!! hyper

party James party

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No, No, No. You can't write a stand-alone. I want more of this. I want it! I want it! I want it!

Elisabeth
who wonders exactly how much the toddler influences her

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard