Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SarahC. Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you for your patience and, as always, for reading and reviewing! I hope this chapter was worth the wait!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very good to see you post a new part, Sara! thumbsup

Jonathan's conversation with Clark was good, particularly the fact that he asked Clark why he was going to spend the weekend with Mayson. I'm glad Clark was given the chance to explain. Now he just needs to tell Lois, too - but maybe he really has?

I loved this:

“You should tell Mayson the truth about how you feel, son, and not allow her to hope, you know, unless you’re willing to give up on Lois entirely.”

Clark looked at his dad with a slight smile. “You know I couldn’t give up on Lois, Dad. She—she’s Lois—and there’s no one else like her…” he added softly, honestly.
Martha's conversation with Lois was at least as good. This was probably my favorite part:

“I wonder, now, if we didn’t make a mistake in emphasizing secrecy so much, if we didn’t hurt Clark somehow by making him feel like he could never really be accepted for who he really is. But we were so afraid, you see. We found a baby in a space-ship and he was ours, our son, and we just couldn’t bear to lose him.”
I'm glad she acknowledges that to herself, and that she explained it to Lois.

I'm glad, too, that Martha made Lois see how lonely and lost Clark had been when he grew up.

They both looked up at him, faces flushed with merriment, and he was suddenly filled with the disturbing certainty that whatever they’d just been laughing over definitely involved him.

He opened his mouth to speak but Lois forestalled him by glancing at his mother and inexplicably (to him, at least) saying, “You were right,” and for some reason, those three words sent them both off into another wave of laughter.

He threw a suspicious look at his mother—what had she been telling Lois?—and his embarrassment made his tone more curt than it otherwise might have been as he asked, “Ready to go, Mom?”
I love, too, how Clark comes back and finds Lois and his Mom apparently gossiping and giggling about him, and that makes him so endearingly embarrassed.

And this is so sweet, too:

She and Lois both stood up and, as Lois appeared to hesitate, his mother rather impulsively hugged Lois and Lois returned the hug. Clark’s irritation vanished, his expression softening, at the sight of the two most important women in his life hugging. And a voice whispered in some corner of his mind, it looks like Mom is welcoming Lois to the family.
“She cares about you quite a bit, Clark. I’m so glad you finally told her the truth.”

“I didn’t really mean to tell her,” he admitted rather ruefully. “It just slipped out.”

Martha’s laughter was soft and lingered in the night air around them. “Well, I’m still glad you told her. And I know you are too.”

“Yes, I am,” he acknowledged. “I’ve hated having to lie to her, Mom.”
How sweet!

“Goodnight, Mom.”

“Goodnight, Clark. You sure you don’t want to come in for a while?”

He shook his head and she smiled. “Of course you don’t, what am I thinking. You’ll want to hurry back to your Lois.”
Aaaawww!!!!!

Okay, Sara, I hope we won't have to wait for a very long time for the final part. And I hope, too, that Clark and Lois will really kiss and make up in the final part! (If you know what I mean....? blush )

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad you posted! I was hoping that this story would return soon. I hate to nag so I just sit patiently...hoping...

Anyway, nice chapter. I can't wait to see (hear) what Lois and Clark have to say in their discussion (fight). smile

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I'm so excited to see another part! It's been a great story, and I'm looking forward to the conclusion when you have time to write it!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOVE IT! Eagerly awaiting part IV. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Nice work!

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard