Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
DJ, there's a nice doctor you might visit. Her name's Friskin, and all you have to do is write yourself visiting her. Of course, then you would be psychoanalysing yourself, and that's probably not a good thing. But writing yourself in the third person so much sounds like Clark and Superman.

You had me scared it was only a dream. Naughty Naughty Naughty.

Please write Tank's visit from Lois. Please.

"Two baths with one tub". That sounds like nfic to me.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This was great! I, too, would definitely read about Lois's visit to Tank, except that I'm not sure he'd have the strength of character that Sue showed with Clark.

And having H. G. Wells be responisble for the resolution? Brilliant! I never, never saw that one coming! Absolutely a Kerth-quality story! Funny, touching, and sneakily mind-altering. Now I've got to get rid of my latest Lois-Clark-never-get-together work in progress and come up with something nice and sweet. I sure don't want a visit from Lex or Tempus.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Haha, DJ That was great. ^_^ You are such a good friend to write this for Sue. If she laughed half as hard as I did, I know that she loved it.

I'm still a bit miffed at not getting that freckle... but ahh C'est la Vie.. C'est la Vie...

~Jojo, who secretly plans to steal to bribe Sue into letting her borrow the pen to write her own special ending. LOL

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
Great job with this one, DJ. I'll read this story whenever I need a good laugh, or on my sick days so I can pretend it was me finding Clark in my closet (*cough* and probably not giving him up, even as much as I love him being with Lois).

I like Wells, but I refuse to let him take away my angst!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Top Banana
Top Banana
Brilliant!

Yvonne

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What a wonderful ending, DJ. This was such a fun story. And Sue, I hope you are feeling better soon!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was sooo fun! I love Nyquil dreams wink

Hopefully Dean will read this one, it's a great laugh!

doublel

woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Dean Cain follows LnC fanfiction? Didn't know that.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have to say that I too, did not see Well's inclusion into this fic. That was clever.

I think that ol' Herb has the wrong idea about me, though. But if he's willing to use Lois to 'get to me', hey, I'm all for it.

Nice story.

Tank (who absolutely would have the 'strength of character' to allow Lois to go back to her life with Clark... eventually)

Top Banana
Top Banana
doublel: I don't think he does. We had an IRC chat sometime back with him and he seemed pretty clueless about fanfiction.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What if Clark lived the stories that other writers wrote, too?
Don't I wish... *dreamy sigh*

I loved it, DJ! It was just totally wonderful! smile You so rock!! clap

Wouldn't mind seeing the Tank story either. hehehe! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
Ah, DJ. This fictionalized version of me is so darn noble. Strength of character was never my forte. Given the chance, it would take me a few weeks before I'd relinquish Clark back to Lois. At the very least.

Thank you so much, DJ. Thank you for the laughs, for the in-jokes, for the well-wishes and for crafting a story I never would have dreamed up - even in my most feverish delusions. Thanks for the hot kiss and letting me fondle the 'S'. (And yes, Jojo, that freckle is as delicious as it looks...)

Thanks also to everyone who sent me healing thoughts. I'm on the mend now. I've actually gone back to work (and A---, er, "John" was happy to see me return). wink

Love you, DJ! I already did, you know. This just sort of seals the deal for me. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Woo-Hoo! Man, I wished I dreamed like that on Nyquil. That stuff just hits me like a train and I'm out for 7 hours. Very cool ending, DJ.

I agree with Woody, Tank, and Lara. I'd read that Tank story in a heartbeat. But who would write the Tank ending? Maybe we could bribe Wendy back for a very short while if we sent her enough smoochies. I know, she's not the master (we all bow to Tank notworthy ), but I'm sure she knows how to really torture Tank. wink

Or I'm being stupid and DJ is perfectly capable of torturing Tank without help. No insult meant, DJ!

mmouse, whose medicine had kicked in and removed all barriers between her brain and her..um..keyboard.

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have less and less time every day, it seems, so no long FDK today (and I mean it). But ditto what all the others have said.

Brilliant idea to include H.G. Wells. Hey, H.G., thanks a billion for supporting my views on deathfics! And DJ, I'm not asking for any Clark deathfics, as long as y'all are nice to Lois.... wink (Though I might... might... just possibly write a Clark deathfic myself, though I very much doubt I'll get around to it...)

Hah! Everything we all write come true to Lois and Clark? How sweet! What fun! Oh, I can just imagine a couple of my recent favorite stories on these boards really happening!!! Yay!!! jump

This was certainly the best mary SUE story ever, as someone has already pointed out. Definitely a Kerth favorite!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL I loved this adorable story! I am so glad Sue got her kiss. But I would have written in a love scene something like "Just for today I am Lois. Clark and I are already married at some point in the near future. We are making love, over and over again until we fall asleep from exhaustion. The next morning we wake up and I am just me and Clark is with the real Lois. He doesn't know the difference, nor does Lois. But, I have a perfect recollection of the whole event." Take that H. G. Wells! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks DJ for writing this story it made me giggle alot. Sue Im glad to hear you're feeling better. I am little upset that nyquill has never had such great affects on me but now Im kinda looking foward to getting cause you never know. I give another vote for a Tank sequel. Laura, you rofl with your comment, far less noble but way more fun.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hey, if we control their lives, then we control what they remember. Let's not get too carried away though. (Clark with an Afro, now there's an idea)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well hello everyone! <g>

Yes, Woody, I thought Dr. Friskin might be able to help me, but do you know that she refused to treat me? I mean, can you imagine? <g> Good, glad I was able to pull that "bluff" about it being a dream. If Tank doesn't mind me writing a sequel, I'll give it some consideration laugh Thanks for the comments!

Hi Terry!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think Tank might at least find a way to keep Lois around for a while. <g> I'm glad you approved of Wells. Once I had written part 1 (before I posted it) I thought to myself - ok, this has to have a semi-logical conclusion to it...even if it is a bit of silliness. And the Wells ending is what popped into my head. Then I just had to figure out how to get there. <g> But don't you dare get rid of your angsty wip! No way! I don't think even Wells would be evil enough to impose Lex or Tempus on any of us writers. wink And "Kerth quality"? Wow! Thanks Terry!

Hi Jojo! Poor Jojo. No freckle yet. laugh You can always go to the motivational poster thread and stare at Lara's "lollipop" poster. <g> Thanks for the fdk - glad you enjoyed it.

Hi there Jessi! I'm glad to know that this story has such a promising "repeat" read - I'm tickled pink. And, yeah, me too. Wells may come and drop a house on me, but I love my angst. laugh Thanks!

Thanks Yvonne! Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Lisa! Thank you! Happy you liked it.

Hi Doublel - yes, I get a little goofy on Nyquil but my dreams aren't ever that good. goofy And, oh god, I know Dean has said he's read one or two fanfics in the past (I think back when the series was still on) but no -- as Sue is fond of saying... "I'd freak twice and die" if I knew he read anything of mine. blush

Hi Tank!

I have to say that I too, did not see Well's inclusion into this fic. That was clever.
goofy Thanks for the fdk, Laura, so glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Ambar! I'm glad it gave you the giggles. It certainly did me, while I wrote it. It has to be the most fun I've had writing a story.

Thank you all so much for all the comments and laughs. It was a fun ride!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Awesome end! The appearance of Wells surprised me too.

Thanks for the laughs, I needed it.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a hoot!

And she didn’t want Clark if that was the only way she could have him. Oh, she wanted him. What woman wouldn’t? Especially if they had him within their grasp like this. But Sue would always know the truth. Deep down, she would always know that his heart really belonged to another... to Lois. She would always know that she had forced him into this.

It reminded her in a creepy way of Lex Luthor. How Lex had always tried to force Lois to love him. Nuh-uh, not her, no way. This whole situation was beyond bizarre, and strange, and utterly impossible. But certain values remained the same, no matter what situation she found herself in.
Good for you.

She turned a couple of more pages to get to the brick wall she had stopped at – and then she froze, too shocked to move.

There was handwriting on the paper – handwriting that wasn’t hers. She read the words out loud to herself to make sure they were real –

‘I think it needs to go more like this, Sue. I made a few suggestions. I hope you don’t mind. Please don’t ever stop writing. I can’t wait to see how this one, um, turns out. – Clark.’
No offense, D J, but could I have Clark as my beta reader when you're done with him?

The others, the ones before Sue, he had convinced to just leave the ‘fandom’ that they wrote for and move on to other pursuits. That had worked well enough, but Herb liked this outcome better. After all, without new stories, Clark Kent and Lois Lane wouldn’t have much of a life, would they?
Gee, is that anyone I know? Hmm?

I also want to thank James (d8a) - the story I’m beta reading for him right now gave me a little inspiration for a piece of my ending
I find him pretty inspirational, too. (Not that you could tell from my latest fic.)

What a fun ending! James was telling me that he hasn't had the chance to get on the boards for a couple days. I was laughing and slapping my knees so much that he'll be reading you first thing in the AM.

Elisabeth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard