Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wonderful, Wendy! Great conversation between Jonathan and Clark. And then with all of them during the disguise discussion, I certainly loved this moment... [Linked Image]
As she did so, he turned and smiled up at her; that smile made Martha glad that she was sitting down. It was full of love and admiration, and the kind of trust she’d been afraid that Clark would never be able to feel.
And, of course, I can just picture Clark's face at this moment as well... blush
Well, he had to agree with his mother and Lois that there was little chance that anyone would be looking at his face. It was exactly where they’d be looking instead which worried him.
Have fun on your vacation. I don't know what part of California you're going to be at, but in my little corner we're actually getting sunshine right now (a change from the last couple of weeks) - let's hope that it sticks around for a while!

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Columnist
Columnist
Have a great time, Wendy! I'm envious!!

Great installment. I continue to love the interaction between Lois and Martha and Jonathan. Well done!

Looking forward to more when you get back.

Take care, have a great time and best regards to John,
Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, it's nice to see that Lois has bonded... smile And Clark's right, they won't be looking at his face drool

Okay, enough sappy stuff wink Let's get back to the a-plot! Err, once you get back from this 3 week holiday...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Wendy, you are being entirely too nice to the gentle readers.

What do I mean? Let's look at this last instalment, an instalment that is supposed to keep the GRs at bay for nearly three weeks!

It's waffy and sweet. No major kisses, but lots of touchy feely stuff. Happy Clark, happy Lois, happy Martha, and happy Jonathan, everyone is so happy that it makes you want to puke. No tension of any kind between Lois and Clark, they are in perfect sync. The costume is created and nobody has any doubts that it will work. "Clark looks sooo different from this Superman" (baloney!).

Anyway, the most telling factor in this being a peace offering to the readers, so they won't revolt waiting for the next part... no cliff hanger.

Tank (who has confidence that there has to be some whams somewhere along the way... right?)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well add me to the list of happy people<g> great job Wendy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have a nice time in California, Wendy! Thanks for the early part.
“But I don’t want to compete with Lois, Dad,” Clark said softly. “We’re friends. And we’re partners now, too. I couldn’t be happier about the way things have worked out.”

Jonathan gave Clark a broad smile. “So your mother was right!”

“Huh?”

“After you called us last night, your mom said you’re in love with this Lois.”

Clark returned his father’s grin with a sheepish one of his own. “I can’t hide anything from you guys, can I?”
<Wistful sigh> Wish everybody could have this kind of relationship with their parents.

“Oh, by the way, Lois is here, Dad,” he said as they headed towards the barn door. “She’s in the kitchen with Mom.”

“She’s here?!” Jonathan did a double-take. “And you left her with your mom? You know Martha will have your baby photos out by now, don’t you?”

“Oh, heck,” Clark muttered. “Let’s get in there, then!”
We missed out on an embarrassed Clark being teased by Lois and Martha about his baby pictures.
And now, with the entrance of Lois Lane into Clark’s life, all of that seemed to have changed.

Clark, for the first time in his life, had opened up to someone other than his parents. He’d taken a leap of faith where Lois was concerned, and it had been fully justified; Lois had returned his trust with her own, and with her love.

It didn’t hurt that they looked wonderful together too, Martha thought in satisfaction. They were so sweet, holding hands under the table - and she was very sure that it never occurred to either of them that she or Jonathan knew that was what they were doing. And they kept exchanging secret, meaningful smiles; if they were alone, they’d have been kissing by now.
Nice WAFFy part. Just buttering us up for the upcoming WHAMs after you come back from California, aren't you?
“Thanks, Mom,” Clark said gratefully. “I was thinking something tasteful in maybe dark blue?”
Clark looked ruefully down at the clingy electric-blue Spandex in which he was now clad.
Since when do men with women in their lives get to choose their wardrobe?
Over supper, his mom asked, “How’s the apartment-hunting going?”

“Apartment-hunting?” Lois interrupted before Clark could answer.
For a moment, I thought Lois was going to suggest moving in together, rather than getting Louie to find Clark a new place. Of course, for Lois, that would be moving VERY fast in a relationship.

It'll be a tough three weeks waiting for Part 28. Enjoy your trip!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice post, wendy.

some good waff and fun with martha and jonathan and a very loving l&c.

yay, we've got the suit!

some nice laughs, too... the danger of the baby pictures, clark's protestation that he could name himself, his reaction to the suit...

fun. smile

oh, and good timing with your vacation. smile i'm leaving soon, too, and i think i'll be back right around the same time you are. so i don't have to worry about catching up! thanks! smile

speaking of which, i really can't put off packing any longer. sorry for the short comments.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Kerth
Kerth
Cool Wendy!

She grinned. “Hey, I get something out of it, too. You imagine I want to keep risking my car wheels picking you up from the Apollo?”
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
very nice - as expected
Have a good time
merry

Merriwether
Merriwether
Whoo, put it on, put it... er, never mind. blush

Great part, Wendy. Glad to see Martha, as always, sees exactly what's going on. Can't wait to see what's next! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! Absolutely wonderful! smile1
And yay, he has a costume! hyper

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW Wendy, another terrific part!!! thumbsup
Actually, she mused, perhaps it was time that she hauled Jonathan out of the kitchen on some pretext for a few minutes; it was hardly fair on the two love-birds to make them be on their best behaviour for this long.
Aaaaawwwww!!! thumbsup
“It’ll work, son,” his father said. “Lois is right - you don’t look anything like yourself.”
Yay!!!!!!!!!! jump

Have a great vacation Wendy!!!

S (who's not sure what she gonna do about having to wait that long till the next part! frown )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have a nice time in California, Wendy.

Now, this was another waffy part. Great as usual, but it's starting to get boring. I mean, come on, you could have given us lots of whams by now to keep us on the edge of our seats until you return. But now we just have see them all happy. You know, this could have been the end... but as you said 'tbc', and there's more to come, I sure want to see some action again. So bring back some good angst and muse from California <g>

Are those three weeks over yet? wink

Saskia (jaja, daar is 'ie weer, het volgende onbegrijpelijke verzoek om de whams die er deze keer wel erg lang over doen om te verschijnen...)

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I caught up and the last two (three?) parts are wonderful as always...

Sherry (whose quarter is over, thankfully.)

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Wendy...

Wonderful.. this part was just wonderful..

Now we got the suit... what we need is action

Have fun in California

Meni smile1

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know I'm a little late, but it was a wonderful part. *sigh* spandex...

Have fun in California!

Impatiently waiting for part 28,
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Blogger
Blogger
Fantastic! This reader took all 27 (to date) parts at one read, and what great characters, with such an interesting take on the basic story line from the series. Wonderful romance too!
smile1
claire

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone smile

Yes, I know I’m incredibly overdue in responding to this. frown Apologies! As I think most of you know, I was on holiday - having a wonderful time all over California <g> Kathy, we were in Concord, in the East Bay area, for a week, and spent time in both Napa and Sonoma (love those wine valleys!); then north-east of LA visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain; and then a week in Palm Desert. Went to Joshua Tree National Park... whoa, was that HOT!! No question of getting out of the car to do some walking... no way!

Anyway, back now but, as I mentioned in another thread, I’ve pretty much run out of buffer. Part 28 is now finished - and it’s a long part - but it’s with my BR at present and, as I think all writers will appreciate, you don’t rush your BR. wink As soon as she approves what I’ve done, I’ll post it. And in the meantime I’m trying to write Part 29! Thank you all for your encouragement, and your patience. I can’t tell you what it means to me to know that you guys are excited about the story and want to read more.

Now, on to your comments. I take it you were happy about the Suit finally making an appearance? <g> Certainly seems so, from the cheers and comments...

*sigh* spandex...
ROFL, Caroline! I’m glad you like it <g>

Whoo, put it on, put it... er, never mind.
LOL Karen! goofy

And Paul, thank you very much indeed!!!
some nice laughs, too... the danger of the baby pictures, clark's protestation that he could name himself, his reaction to the suit...
You made my week!!

But not everyone’s happy...
It's waffy and sweet. No major kisses, but lots of touchy feely stuff. Happy Clark, happy Lois, happy Martha, and happy Jonathan, everyone is so happy that it makes you want to puke. No tension of any kind between Lois and Clark, they are in perfect sync. The costume is created and nobody has any doubts that it will work. "Clark looks sooo different from this Superman" (baloney!).
and

Now, this was another waffy part. Great as usual, but it's starting to get boring. I mean, come on, you could have given us lots of whams by now to keep us on the edge of our seats until you return. But now we just have see them all happy. You know, this could have been the end... but as you said 'tbc', and there's more to come, I sure want to see some action again. So bring back some good angst and muse from California <g>
Oh dear! Tank and Saskia, what in the world am I to do with you? Or perhaps for you? I wonder if a little action would suffice? Or whether, since Tank’s Part 27.5 was pretty much his usual act of ‘reading’ my hard drive, I should finish on the major WHAM of Clark being exposed and having to go into hiding? While Lois’s credibility as a reporter is destroyed for not having exposed him herself, and she also loses Clark because he blames her for persuading him to go public? There - how’s that for a good ending? evil

Finally - Claire, welcome and thank you so much!!
Fantastic! This reader took all 27 (to date) parts at one read, and what great characters, with such an interesting take on the basic story line from the series. Wonderful romance too!
Wow! I’m amazed, astounded and deeply flattered. blush And I apologise for keeping you waiting for part 28, too; but I hope it won’t be very much longer - and that it’s worth the wait, when I do post it.

Thank you all once more - Kathy, Irene, Maria, Pam, Tank, Roger, Laura, Paul, José, Merry, Karen, Tricia, Shelley, Saskia, Sherry, Meni, Caroline and Claire.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Second try... long post and it all got lost. I'll try to write it again. razz

Oh dear! Tank and Saskia, what in the world am I to do with you? Or perhaps for you? I wonder if a little action would suffice? Or whether, since Tank’s Part 27.5 was pretty much his usual act of ‘reading’ my hard drive, I should finish on the major WHAM of Clark being exposed and having to go into hiding? While Lois’s credibility as a reporter is destroyed for not having exposed him herself, and she also loses Clark because he blames her for persuading him to go public? There - how’s that for a good ending?
I've been thinking about this for the most part of the evening and just had to say something <g>. You are absolutely right, Wendy. This sounds like a little action indeed. And as you're probably aware of, I'd rather see the big stuff with lots of action and whams and angst. This doesn't come hardly near the way I like it.

Now, to help you along the way I'll give you a few simple suggestions. So have fun reading on and I'll add a warning for those who don't like whams... you may not want to read more.

/me gets in touch with the really evil side of her and starts throwing the ideas in the group:

1. As we all know, the only thing that can hurt Clark is kryptonite. So on his very first rescue as Superman he'll encounter the green rock, gets kidnapped, tortured and the possibly killed (I'll leave that up to you). Lois, of course, goes after him to save the day. But in her usual way she gets caught, and as the bad guys aren't pleased with her at all... End. smile

2. Lois has all this time been pretending that she likes Clark and is secretly a part of Bureau 39. She informed them all about Clark and his powers. So they made a drink for Clark (poison to him), which Lois offers him. Result: Clark swallows the kryptonite, and as it's his first encouter he won't survive. End. smile (thank you for the idea, Wendy)

3. (last idea and slightly less evil) The world is not very friendly and sees Superman as a threat and is very hostile towards him. At every rescue they mob him, thus prevending Clark from helping and rescuing people. In his dispair he moves to the North Pole to be never seen again. Lois, left behind without a word, resumes her life after a week and in the end marries Luthor to live happily ever after. End. smile

Just a few ideas from me ( [Linked Image]) on a hot summer night. Hope you had fun reading.

Now I'll be patient and wait until the real part 28 gets posted and we can see what Wendy really comes up with.

Saskia peep

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard