Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wouldn't we all love to be a fly on Sue's wall.

Getting pretty steamy there, DJ. Of course, steam usually helps relieve sickness so that's probably a good thing. This is Sue's personal sauna.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clever! Very good, DJ. thumbsup

Yvonne

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
DJ! You're mean to us... I mean to Sue. Sue, of course. Cutting her off right there, really! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Brilliant! clap clap Just so you know you have to deliver now, you promised a kiss and it really wouldnt be nice to dissapoint us... I mean it wouldnt be nice to dissapoint Sue,yeah thats what I meant. I hope the whole thing isnt a dream just beacause that pen could be really usefull.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wicked! That was so much fun. Ah. twins

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ, today was a horrible day. Like screaming, crying, terrible. But... the one part of my day where I laughed and smiled was when I read this part. Thank you for posting it on a day where I needed it.

~Jojo, who is to tired to be naughty.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oi... I'm a wreck and haven't slept in well over 30 hours, but I absolutely cannot resist reading this!! Apologies in advance for typos and things that will likely end up making sense only in my head.

She had opted not to take a cold shower for that same reason, even though she probably could have used one.
oh, hehehe! Yeah, no kidding, huh -- with that guy standing in the next room!

So, was this incarnation of Clark from season three? Before he had proposed to Lois?
Hang on, my head is really not very clear, but don't you mean season two? Or do you mean between the 1st ep of season three and UltraWoman? I'm consufed.

Oh, you evil, evil.... ahhh! how could you leave us right before the kiss? Come back, DJ! Come back! I'll be waiting right here. I don't mind how much longer I have to stay up... Please!!!

~.~

Of course... Lara was so exhausted she fell asleep on her keyboard, typing a long line of "ggggggg"'s until the computer started beeping and she woke up with a start.

"Uh? What? The doorbell?" she said, barely awake.

Oh, God! The doorbell? Did someone send her a magic pen, too? She rushed to the door, but found no one. Coming back to her workstation uptairs, she found that it had just been the computer.

Obviously. Everyone knew that magic pens were only be delivered on sick days!

She wouldn't even ask for that much if she had a pen like that. Just a short five minute flight in Clark's arms. As a birthday present. She sighed.

Lara shut the computer down and went to bed, desperately hoping to catch something during the night. There was a virus going around these days, she recalled as she closed her eyes - stomach flu. So bad, it was even in the news because half the guys on the the local hockey team were out sick.

Oh yes, stomach flu sounded just positively wonderful.

~.~

...and with that Lara is really *going* to bed. See how messed up she is, writing stories in the middle (well, the end, really) of her feedback!

I love this story (I mean *yours* DJ, obviously, not that silly thing I just wrote!) I can't wait to find out how it ends. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ack, such fun! But how will I have time to comment?

As she moved to her mirror she noted with satisfaction that she looked much better than before, her cheeks even had a little color in them. She wasn’t sure if that was because Clark was sitting just outside the door - on her bed - waiting for her to come out, or if it was simply due to the effects of the hot water.
How sweet... *sigh*

But she couldn’t go out there in nothing but a towel, could she?
Well... as long as she doesn't let Clark get a good look at her un-towelled chest. (The poor boy doesn't have his X-ray vision right now, remember? ) wink

Sue turned the knob and lightly threw the door open. “Hi, Clark, just gotta get some...” She broke off when she saw him toss her writing notebook a couple of feet away from him on the bed. His face had guilt – the color of crimson – stained on it.
What's he been reading? The lake scene from Revisionist History? The supply closet scene from Faustian Bargain? The upcoming steamy scene from Platonic - did he get to see that before us, Sue? drool blush

But here’s the weird thing – she asked me what I *really* wished.”

“And what did you say?”

Sue blushed and hesitated for a moment before answering, “Um, that I had Clark Kent in my closet.”
Confessions are good for the soul! rotflol

“It’s not what you think. I mean, well, maybe it is. It’s just that there’s been this long running joke that I had Clark Kent hidden away in my closet. And I was just teasing her... And, oh, I really wish I could hide somewhere right now.”
Ah! Ah! Ah! Oh, poor Sue, we are laughing at your expense now, but this is just so deliciously funny!

“Wait. I wrote that sentence down with this pen.”
Magic pen! Wooo-hooo!

“Look, Sue...” There was her name again, making her feel all giddy. She tried to focus so she wouldn’t miss what he had to say. “I can’t stay here. I need to get back to my life - I need to get back to Lois. There’s so much I need to tell her, apologize for. And if there’s a chance that pen could do it, then I say we test it out.”
As delicious as it is to see him visit you, Sue, I think it is a great idea to send him back to Lois to apologize.

Part of Sue was sorry that Clark hadn’t come from later in the series – maybe even from sometime in season four – then she could have asked him what he had been thinking during that whole “clone/amnesia arc”. And there were other things too, things she wanted to know...
Like what it had been like during certain choice scenes from season four, where Clark and Lois seemed to have a lot of, uh, fun together?

She knew she really shouldn’t write what she was thinking about writing, but she just couldn’t help herself. This would be her only chance, and it was the chance of a lifetime. She just had to know...

She had to know what it would feel like to be kissed by Clark.
She writes down, "I wish Clark Kent would kiss me"? eek

Clark’s eyes seemed to darken a little, all of the sudden, and it made her stomach do a long, slow slide. “Is that what they say?”
Her insides did a long, slow slide.... Classic Sue!

Her mind whirled. “They say that opportunity often knocks but if you’re not listening then it’s really just noise.”
What a perfect saying. And Sue - or DJ - made it up?

“Really,” he said, his voice growing huskier. “I haven’t heard that one before.”

Sue’s mouth felt suddenly dry. Clark’s lips were just inches away from hers. Oh god. Maybe that pen really was magic. “That’s because I just made it up,” she said softly.

She watched his hand as it reached up to clutch her face tenderly. She felt the softness of his skin against hers, the warmth of his breath as he drew her in closer. She closed her eyes.
Ah! Ah! Ah! DJ, you can't leave us there!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
You're not going to leave poor Sue sitting there with her eyes closed, waiting for Clark to kiss her, for too long, right?

Because I think the poor girl needs a break, she is sick. And the perfect medicine is a kiss from Clark!

hyper Kiss her, Clark! We want to see some smootchies!

This is probably one of the most interesting stories I've ever read, and so is the feedback! I'm enjoying this very much.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Kerth
Kerth
What's he been reading? The lake scene from Revisionist History? The supply closet scene from Faustian Bargain? The upcoming steamy scene from Platonic - did he get to see that before us, Sue?
I bought that notebook last summer and it has (among other things) choice bits of Faustian Bargain (including the kitchen interlude and the alternate part ten), most of the Proof series, a WIP that Arawn suggested and, yes, various naughty bits of Platonic. Trust me, if Clark was reading that notebook I would have turned around and left the house. Wet hair, towel and single-digit outside temps be damned. I wouldn't be able to face anyone who found that notebook. blush
“Write something else with it.”
In point of fact, I'm *certain* what I really wrote was "I wish Clark Kent would ravish me." But, I understand, DJ has to keep it clean. wink

Sue (perfectly willing to do a little "research" in the name of fic - especially if it's to verify the kitchen interlude) dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love it. I'd have been tempted to write a whole lot more. Maybe let Clark think I am Lois and make love to me. Hmmm now that would be nice. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know Woody - I personally would love to be a fly on her wall (even just to peek over her shoulder and watch her write) but if we were all flies on her wall - she'd probably just call an exterminator because there would be so stinkin' many of us. <g> And yes, steam is good for a cold. laugh

Thanks Yvonne! Glad you liked it.

Hi Lisa! Mean? Mean? Did you forget who you were reading? <g> Even if I'm being funny, I still have to be a little ornery. Thanks.

Ambar, I'll reiterate what I said to Lisa - whomever told you that I'm nice? Hmmmm? wink But since this is for Sue, I'll let her make the decision. <g> Thanks for the fdk. Glad you're enjoying it.

Roo! Hi. Glad you like it. Thanks.

Hi Jojo! I'm sorry <DJ hugs Jojo> Glad that the story could cheer you up a little.

Hi there Lara! Sorry about the confusion on the season 3 thing - I'll get right on that and whip out a little rewrite before it goes to the archive. It made more sense to me in my head goofy See what happens when I don't have Sue doing BR for me? But I just couldn't ask her to do it for this story.

Oh, the little sick story you wrote for yourself was so cute. Sue mentioned to me in some private fdk (after I told her a little about the ending) that perhaps I could write a series of these, based on different authors (she was kidding <g>) wouldn't that be funny?

Oh, and I'm *evil*? Well good, glad to know I haven't lost my touch. <g> I seriously hope you didn't wait up all night (heh) hoping that I'd post the finale - it's not quite finished yet (see note below...)

Thanks for the fdk Lara - glad you're loving it.

Hi Ann! Thank you for all that fdk - I had to giggle at the "how will I have time to comment" comment. <g>

What's he been reading? The lake scene from Revisionist History? The supply closet scene from Faustian Bargain? The upcoming steamy scene from Platonic - did he get to see that before us, Sue? [Razz]
Ummm.... we'll just leave that up to everyone's imaginations... it's even better that way I think. <g>

Ah! Ah! Ah! Oh, poor Sue, we are laughing at your expense now, but this is just so deliciously funny!
No, no, no - we're laughing *with* her. <g>

She writes down, "I wish Clark Kent would kiss me"? [Eek!]
Did I say that? For all you know she could have written: I wish Clark Kent would French me - or - I wish Clark would get to third base - or - I wish Clark would ravish me (as Sue mentions below). Hee hee, all those choices would involve "kissing". I thought I'd leave it up to everyone's own imaginations... I expected better from you, Ann. wink

quote: Her mind whirled. “They say that opportunity often knocks but if you’re not listening then it’s really just noise.”

What a perfect saying. And Sue - or DJ - made it up?
Heh - Babbles, my muse, made it up - and it seriously doesn't do Sue justice. But as a writer, I could see her making up her *own* line to give to Clark. <g>

What do you mean I can't "leave you there"? Have you forgotten who you're dealing with here? This story might be all fun and games... but I'm still the evil apprentice. <g> Thanks Ann!

SUE! SUE!!!! I seriously hope you get to feeling better soon, otherwise I might have to write an epilogue to the story. wink

Wet hair, towel and single-digit outside temps be damned.
rotflol

Yes, Sue, I can only *imagine* what you *really* wrote. That's why I left the line out. <g>

And I'm sure you'd be willing to do a little research in that notebook for me, if need be... if it would make you feel better, Sue, I think you should research that notebook so you can imagine just what particular scene you caught Clark reading in it... <g> Thanks for the fdk and tell that cold that I said it is not taking up permanent residency! Poor Sue...

Hi Laurah. Thanks for the fdk. You're comment cracked me up. Naughty, naughty Laura! <g>

Okay, everyone, the ending is currently under rewrite. I had originally planned to include the kiss, but then out of a flushed and embarrassed face, I took it out. But due to some private fdk from Sue...I'm doing a bit of a rewrite. <g> Hopefully you all will enjoy.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments and fdk. I'm just tickled that everyone enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. <g>

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think this would be an excellent time for Sue's husband to come home and check on her, just because he loves her and is concerned about her health.

Now that would be cruel.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, yes, wouldn't it? But Sue's husband passed away a few years ago so she is available (I normally wouldn't pass info like that on, but Sue has mentioned it on the boards before -- and it's the reason that I'm going to allow for a "kiss" <g>) - oh, and here Clark is, as yet, unattached. <g>

Hmmm, although she does have a son... devil

But thankfully he's at school during the day.

Don't worry, Sue, I wouldn't do anything that mean to you... <g>

Thanks for the fdk Terry. laugh

-- DJ <who is evil - but not *that* evil - g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my goodness... I just realized when I was going back through to look at something someone said earlier, that I had missed Symbolic's comments.

How on Earth did I do that!!!

Symbolic thank you so much.

You want to see "smoochies" huh? I'll see what I can do to accommodate you. <g>

Don't worry, I won't leave Sue waiting too long. The final part is already written, I'm just doing some tweaking and tailoring of it.

This is probably one of the most interesting stories I've ever read, and so is the feedback! I'm enjoying this very much.
Thank you so much for that. How sweet of you to say!

Thanks again to everyone who's reading and has commented. It is much appreciated.

-- DJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, you know, the season 3 could have been my brain malfuctionning... seriously... I was so completely out of it last night. I was trying to figure it, but it just wouldn't work in my messed up little brain.

Oh, the little sick story you wrote for yourself was so cute. Sue mentioned to me in some private fdk (after I told her a little about the ending) that perhaps I could write a series of these, based on different authors (she was kidding <g>) wouldn't that be funny?
The sick story.. yeah, that was total and complete delirium.

Sadly (?!) I have to report that I didn't catch anything during the night and that I'm still perfectly healthy. No pens have been delivered, although I did get a nice package from Amazon today, filled with comic books! (trade paperbacks, actually.. but, you know..)

Yes, yes, a series would be SO cool!!!

Are you going to put Clark in all our closets? LOL! Or maybe we could all write stories about the one Clark that's in Sue's closet. 'ya know, our versions of what he's doing there and what happens when she finds him. ROFL.

Please don't kill me, Sue! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
grumble Post the remainder soon, please!
It's wonderful! The best mary SUE I've ever read.
Mouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the additional fdk Lara! A series? Ha ha ha. I think "everyone" might kill me then. <g>

Hi mmouse! Thanks for that fdk. Glad you are enjoying the story. I'm getting ready to post the final part in just a few minutes!

Thanks everyone!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard