Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37208 01/12/07 03:25 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
This is the most grin inducing story ever!

Back with real FDK and hopefully a better title after work tonight.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
She watched as he folded the washcloth he had been blotting her with and handed it to her. Oh, those hands. Up close and personal, she realized everything she had ever written about them paled in comparison with the real thing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh lord DJ, you kill me.

She continued her examination up, to take a closer look at his face. A small freckle just above his upper lip caught her attention. Oh god – the freckle. She had spent more time than she would admit to, looking at that freckle.
Ohhh.... [Linked Image] (I really do get to use this smiley way to much on this board) And stop it DJ. I don't like laughing so hard I cry... seriously... no I mean it. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so galactically funny!!! goofy

You sort of slid down,
Don't know why, but I find it so adorable imagining Sue fainting in a sliding down way!

Oh god, he had checked her over? All blood, and cognitive thinking ability with it, left her brain.
You're killing me!!!! (And I can imagine where her blood went!)

She looked into his gorgeous brown eyes just long enough to meet his gaze and then she found herself right back looking at his hands again. Those hands had touched her, had picked her up - had laid her down gently in her bed...

Her mind swam with the thought of Clark Kent carrying her and putting her in bed.
<drool>

“Kent. Mr. Kent.
OMG!!!! That joke had a license to kill!!! rotflol

She bet this whole little mix-up – whatever it was – hadn’t been in the job description.
Whose job?

“No, please. I’ll leave,” he said in a voice that reminded her of that ‘soothing’ voice Clark used on Lois sometimes.
Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

“Listen, buddy, this is getting old, real fast.
Thanks for teaching me a new expression!

Wow! I’ve heard some whoppers, but that one takes the cake.
Hmmm. Not too familiar with exactly those expressions either, but they sure sound good.

He was frowning at her and, for the life of her, Sue couldn’t figure out why that made her want to smile. Probably because she’d seen that frown before – but it was usually directed at Lois.
Aaaawww!!!! <sigh>

He was dressed just like Clark – down to that crazy tie he was wearing. In fact, she recognized the tie. The top half of it had a white background with colored diamond shapes on it. It was separated by a diagonal line and below that the tie was solid black. One of his more bizarre ties. The only reason she recognized it was because she had watched ‘Just Say Noah’ the other night doing some research for her latest fic and that was the tie Clark had been wearing for that episode.
The tie-ology of Clark Kent....

She continued her examination up, to take a closer look at his face. A small freckle just above his upper lip caught her attention. Oh god – the freckle.
The freckle! The freckle! (Look behind you, Sue, I think Jojo is about to break into your house....)

Grabbing hold of some skin on the back of her arm with her thumb and forefinger, she pinched it – hard. “Ouch!” she hollered, following up with a curse.
Don't pinch self! Bad idea!!!

She knew she really ought to just order the man out of her house... and she was more than certain that if she did, life would simply return to normal.
But some perverse part of her wanted to beat this. It was some kind of sick game and she didn’t want to give whoever was responsible the satisfaction of getting to her.
So Sue!!!! rotflol

Clark cleared his throat. Sue couldn’t believe it – she had actually babbled. Like Lois! How embarrassing.
<adores>

“Why not? Just a peek? You could just do a real quick spin...”

“I can’t ‘spin’.” He sighed and sat down on her bed again. “My powers don’t seem to be working properly right now.”
Well, there's a slow way of undressing, you know?

“Clark, stay put, I’m gonna take a quick shower
oh, wait a minute, don't stay put, come join me in the shower!"

This was the funniest thing I've read in a long time, DJ. I LOVE it!!!!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She walked out of her bedroom to find ‘Clark’ leafing through the notebook on her bed – her writing notebook.
OMG! Sue´s nfics! blush grumble

MetroRhodes, please update soon! I have lots of fun with your story!

And Sue: Get better and keep writing!

M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
I seriously have got to stop reading this stuff at work. I burst out laughing at this! Not to mention I suddenly had so many lewd images dancing in my head. And this is the gfic folder! It's supposed to be safe for work! But I suppose I can't blame anyone else for my imagination's reaction to innocent remarks. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
I seriously have got to stop reading this stuff at work. I burst out laughing at this!
Ohhhh yeah!! Strip tease! I have some dollar bills right here...

~Jojo, who was gonna keep going with that comment but decided that even she couldn't keep a straight face while typing the sentence "Show momma some thigh."

M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
~Jojo, who was gonna keep going with that comment but decided that even she couldn't keep a straight face while typing the sentence "Show momma some thigh."
JOJO!!!! rotflol

You guys are going to be death of me!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
DJ, what a great story!! So hilarious! Thank you for making me laugh so hard. goofy

And I bet that pen in your story will come in handy for Sue and Clark, too. There are some sentences that could be useful for their situation.

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know what I like best about this story? The fact that our folc heroine happens to be called Sue - it's so close to Mary Sue, it's delicious. laugh

Write on!

Yvonne

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
DJ, I'm so glad you're back with another part!! smile1 I can't even post coherent feedback, I'm laughing so hard. This story? Best. Idea. Ever. notworthy

rotflol rotflol rotflol

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Merriwether
Merriwether
This story is amazing. I think there should Mary Sue stories like this, because it seems even better when the characters visit the real world instead of us visiting them.

Great job, DJ. Is Clark going to be normal for the whole time he's there?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
throwing Sue into Clark's arms, just didn't seem the way to go
So where's my motivation to keep reading? <pouts>
She had finally managed to find her voice, even if it did come out sounding like she had been a lifetime chain smoker.
True that. My son - a huge "Simpsons" fan has been asking me all week to say, "Let me talk to Marge/Put Marge on the phone."
The only reason she recognized it was because she had watched ‘Just Say Noah’ the other night doing some research for her latest fic and that was the tie...
Okay, not even I'm that obsessive. LOL. For the most part, I try to ignore his ties. The freckle and the hands... um, maybe. But not the ties. Definitely not the ties.
Grabbing hold of some skin on the back of her arm with her thumb and forefinger, she pinched it – hard. “Ouch!” she hollered, following up with a curse.
I wouldn't pinch myself. <g> And I only curse when I'm really, really excited or so angry I can't think of anything else to say. As in, "Sue opened up the closet door and saw Clark Kent and shouted, "Holy sh--!"
She walked out of her bedroom to find ‘Clark’ leafing through the notebook on her bed – her writing notebook.
And there's a flustered/angry situation where I'd use the exact same phrase. <g> Yes, I really do have a notebook. DJ knows about it because there was one terrible morning when I was at the corporate office and I was terribly certain I had left it sitting on my desk. Which would be okay if I didn’t have a co-worker who freely rifles through my stuff just to mess with my head. In the end, I still had the notebook. Whew. I was thisclose to a mental breakdown.
“I’m not sure,” she admitted.
Not true! I know exactly how DVDs work.
“Nothing evil about that – unless you’re one of those people who believe that Microsoft is the root of all evil.”
Have you ever studied for an MSCE? Microsoft is evil incarnate.
Sue smiled remembering all the times she had joked about that online. No one would ever believe this.
Which is why DJ has to make it up. I could tell you the truth and no one would buy it. <heh>
Oh, if her mother were here right now. She’d be appalled at Sue’s audacity.
Only if asked him to take it off. Go on, show me the zipper!
This situation was a little more difficult to solve than just your every day, run of the mill, plot hole.
Not true! DJ, you more than anyone knows the size of some of my plot holes in the early going.
"Show momma some thigh."
Jojo, there are simply no words. But there is a terrible Dean Cain B-movie -- "Best Men". You don't have to watch past the first two minutes either. <snerk>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually Sue, while I haven't seen the movie "Best Men." I do have this gif that some FoLC made of the opening scene that was sent to me on IRC. It made me giggle... I think I have it uploaded to photobucket but I probably shouldn't post it here...

I also have some other ones... but those are best not mentioned here. HAHA.

*coughs and hangs her head in shame at having these things*

~Jojo, who loves ellipsis way to much for her own good and horribly misuses them... <- haha

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh my goodness. This is such a cool story. I'm grinning (as said above - it's totally happening to me too) and giggling all the way through.

IT'S SO COOL!

It so great to have CK come to the 'real world'.

“Can I see it? I know that’s a pretty bold request, but you have no idea how long I’ve wanted to see Superman – you know, up close. I mean, I personally always liked you better as Clark and thought Lois was completely blind to ignore you like that...”
Soooo funny!

Ummmm. Why not enjoy this 'Nyquill high'? No pinching allowed!!

She continued her examination up, to take a closer look at his face. A small freckle just above his upper lip caught her attention. Oh god – the freckle. She had spent more time than she would admit to, looking at that freckle.

Okay. There was no faking *that*. So much for a look-alike. “Um, could you excuse me? I need to use the restroom.”
YES! The freckle made it in!

He frowned for a second and then a small smile tugged at his mouth. “Chumpy.”
I like how you just didn't put Chumpy. I enjoy the description. laugh Cute sloppy

Have a fun weekend!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my lord in heaven. I laughed myself completely silly over these comments. My sides still hurt. You may think the story is funny, but these comments.... ha ha ha!

Okay, okay, I think I'm better now. Let's try my hand at a little response...

I truly am ecstatic that all of you have gotten so many laughs over this...and Sue it's not at your expense -- after all, I wrote this story specifically for you, to help you feel better and get over your cold. And I know I was deadwrong on some of my characterizations of you wink but I wouldn't have wanted the "Sue" character to follow you too closely. blush I almost put another disclaimer at the beginning of part 2 that said something like "all opinions, attitudes, and characterizations expressed in this fic belong solely to DJ and should not reflect in any way on Sue - poor Sue". <BG> Ha ha!

Anyway, thank you for indulging me, Sue and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Okay. Lisa - I'll be waiting for that further fdk.

Jojo- I loved the laugh (and the deep breath in between) Sorry to make you laugh so hard, but I had been writing so much angst lately that I was beginning to wonder whether or not I had a funny bone left in me. I'm glad to see I've still got it. <g>

Hi Ann! You want me to say sorry for not throwing Clark into Sue's arms? blush Ummm, do you know how difficult it would be for me to "write" a scene throwing my evil Queen into Clark's arms? Why do you think I posted this on the PG side? Hmmm?

"I've heard some whoppers but that one takes the cake" -- translation - I've heard some tall tales before but that one wins the prize. Does that help? <g>

Thank you for all that lovely fdk. The comment about Jojo breaking into Sue's house (after the freckle) was hilarious.

Hello Cornelia! Thanks for the fdk. So glad you're enjoying the story. I'm not exactly sure <g> but no, I don't think there will be any "floating" for Sue. laugh

Lisa said:
It's supposed to be safe for work! But I suppose I can't blame anyone else for my imagination's reaction to innocent remarks. [Big Grin]
goofy (Sorry Ann - you know I had to tease you...)

Jojo said:

"Show momma some thigh."
[Linked Image]

Oh my gosh, I don't even have anything to say to that. Ha ha ha!

Hi Pennyfeather - hmm, yes, that pen. Interesting little thing, isn't it? Thanks for the fdk!

Hello Yvonne! Thanks for the comments! laugh It's my tribute to Sue. <g>

Hi Angelic - Best. Idea. Ever. -- Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it.

Woody - will Clark stay normal? Hmmm, can you keep a secret? Okay, well then, *&%@*!~*&$%!) What do you mean you can't read that? <g>

SUE!! Hi Sue!!!

So where's my motivation to keep reading? <pouts>
dizzy Sheesh! There's just no pleasing some people. <g>

Yes, I really do have a notebook. DJ knows about it because there was one terrible morning when I was at the corporate office and I was terribly certain I had left it sitting on my desk. Which would be okay if I didn’t have a co-worker who freely rifles through my stuff just to mess with my head. In the end, I still had the notebook. Whew. I was thisclose to a mental breakdown.
Yes, I was going to make a little reference to that in the next part. <g>

Not true! I know exactly how DVDs work.
Ha ha ha! Sue, you are too funny...

Which is why DJ has to make it up. I could tell you the truth and no one would buy it. <heh>
SHHHHH! Sue! You weren't supposed to tell them that - that was just our little secret! Now they're going to call the asylum on us for sure. [Linked Image]

Go on, show me the zipper!
Heh - not in this story... there's no way I could write that!

Not true! DJ, you more than anyone knows the size of some of my plot holes in the early going.
Lies, I tell you. All lies. <g> [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Thanks Sue. I'm glad you're enjoying it. laugh

Hi Roo!!! Thanks for the fdk. I think that it's funny that everyone is enjoying seeing Clark come to the "real world". <g> I'm glad you liked the way I described him remembering "chumpy" - thanks.

Thank so much everyone. [Linked Image]

I'm just amazed at this overwhelming response. <g> Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I can read it, DJ, but, whew, watch your language. wink

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooooh... that shot from Best Men? YUM! I posted a screen grab over on zoomway's boards the other day. It's still there, somewhere on the thread about No Alibi - cause I took pics where the movie was shot (did I tell you it was shot in Montreal? did I? LOL!) Not sure if it's OK to link to that here, but I'll gladly show you all these images, just message me. smile

OK.... onto actual feedback!!

Her mind swam with the thought of Clark Kent carrying her and putting her in bed.
swam? ah! my mind would have drowned by now. *lol*

This couldn’t be Clark Kent. That was impossible. Wasn’t it? Yes, yes it was. He was a fictional character.
He was... WHAT? What do you mean "fictional character"? I guess I better give that private eye a call... no wonder he hasn't gotten anything to show for all the money I paid!

“Nothing evil about that – unless you’re one of those people who believe that Microsoft is the root of all evil.”
/me raises her hand. I'm a believer. Hey, I own a Mac for that exact reason. Seriously.

“Do you roll the *suit* sleeves up too?”
OMG! You know, I've always wondered about that!!

DJ, this is so much fun to read!! I can't wait to find out what happens next. smile You're such a gem for writing this as a "get well soon" for Sue - it's just the sweetest thing. Sue, I hope you're doing better now - and I'm sure you know how blessed you are for having a friend like this. We should all be so lucky. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well this is one of the most refreshing plots I have read in a while. I just love it. Yes and an nfic version sure would be a hilarious kick! But how would Sue feel about all her friends reading about a tryst with Clark? And despite him being in another reality, would he ever cheat on Lois? I doubt it. But maybe we can be peeping Toms a little<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG! rotflol

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, you don't know how much I wish Clark Kent would show up in my closet...and make me better! rotflol

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard