Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I stare into a pair of dark blue eyes. Dark, dark, dark, blue eyes. Gleaming like – I don’t know, like sapphires glinting off the moonlight in the night?
Oooh… Nice imagery.

”Batman?” Batman! Now that's interesting. Wow. Look at that boy. He’s suddenly gone all pale. Makes his eyes look even more amazing.
Ooops….

Hmmm…. So who is Clara getting all aflutter about?

So just exactly how did he come to be on Interstate 70 in what was it? Indiana? Illinois?
Oh, yeah... you explain..

Of course, it doesn’t take many seconds before I’ve caught up with him.

”Hey, I’m sorry,” I yell as I’m running beside him. He tries to shake me off by going even faster, but I put myself in a higher gear, too.
Oh, what a sight!

His eyes look so happy and beautiful and downright amazing that I can’t look at them, but I can’t look away, either. Damn, but I’m drowning in them!

He’s holding out his hand to me. ”Friends?”

Friends. Yeah. Friends. Friends is good. I smile at him and grab his hand. At least I can shake his hand harder than he can shake mine!
Sounds like the start of a beautiful relationship.

”Never mind,” he sighs. ”He used to be an actor. Makes his own pasta sauce, too. Anyway… he was famous for his blue eyes.”
The way you described Dick’s blue eyes, he’s got Paul Newman beat 10 to 1.

Ah, Clara’s first crush….

He drops a kiss on my hair. Damn him! What’s he doing that for?
He’s smitten. Ah, young love…

”You’re Clara Ellen Lane, aren't you?” she says. ”Okay, kid. I’m Sheriff Rachel Harris. You are under arrest.”
For what!?

Come back soon and tell us what Clara did!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Well, the easiest way to tell you what I think about your third part of Clara Ellen Lane is to copy and paste Classicalla's feedback and add a heartfelt 'ditto'. Okay, I'll put osme more effort into it. wink

To emphasize my point, I ball my fist and pound at the ceiling. My hand promptly goes right through it.

”Really? I got to try that!” And before I know what’s happening, Blue Eyes is sitting next to me in the front seat and aiming a really fat punch at the ceiling. ”OOOUUCH!!!!!”
lol This bit was piceless!

”Batman? Did I say Batman? No, uh, I mean…uh, Bateman. Yeah, right, Bateman. Yeah, old Bateman was my… my… my martial arts teacher. He taught me… he taught me... how to, eh, pull my punches.”
The Graysons and the Lanes don't happen to be related, do they? They certainly share the famous babble gene.

”I’m Dick Grayson,” he says, and suddenly he’s blushing like a tomato. ”I mean, Rick Grayson. That’s not funny,” he says when I can’t stop laughing.
Nasty humour. But I very much like it.

Friends. Yeah. Friends. Friends is good. I smile at him and grab his hand. At least I can shake his hand harder than he can shake mine!

”Ooouuch!!”

”Oh, sorry.”
Like father , like daughter.

”You’re Clara Ellen Lane, aren't you?” she says. ”Okay, kid. I’m Sheriff Rachel Harris. You are under arrest.”
Veto! What for? (The warehouse, the trees, the car, the holes in the ground?)

I love it! Come back soon!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Let me guess

Lois called ahead on a hunch. But then why not let them go the Kents? confused

Please post again soon.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dick Grayson? What a nice twist. Now you've got to hurry back to this! Perhaps Jonathan and Martha are expecting company? peep

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY! I'm glad you posted a new part, Ann!!

The blue eyes are backing off slowly. C’mon!! Nobody’s got eyes like that. Dark bottomless pools, with some totally amazing blue highlights in them.
Can't wait to find out who that is! He knows who she is... that's odd... mmm..

You know, the blue eye bit... I saw this one guy in a movie last night and I do swear to God he had the most amazing blue eyes I've ever seen in my *entire* life. And I thought I wouldn't want to see him in that role. I am such a moron! Had I known, I'd have seen the flic as soon as it came out -- and seen it again a dozen or more times. Those eyes. AH! ...and that a**... OMG! I'm ranking him 4th on my "sexiest guys" list - just below 3 guys who are actually one and... oh, wait, I'm off topic now, aren't I? Sorry.

”You’re Batman’s little boy!” I giggle.

”And you are Santa’s little girlie! Aren’t you?”
hehe! cute! smile I would have loved for that to really be Batman's son - hey, it's an elseworld, right? Couldn't Robin have been his kid? Would have been sweet. Ah, either way, it's cute and sweet. smile

How old is Dick, btw? Like 14, 15 I guess? Oh... hehehe! We find out later. Cool! smile

”Oh, he’ll find us all right. He’s Batman, you know. No, I just meant he won’t find us all that quickly.”
Yep. One of the worlds greatest detectives. Right up there with Sherlock Holmes. smile

Eat you heart out, Judy Garland.
rotflol rotflol

I can't wait to see the next part! smile I love this story, Ann!! It's just delicious!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
would those top three be Dean Cain, Clark Kent, and Superman by any chance?

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
would those top three be Dean Cain, Clark Kent, and Superman by any chance?
OMG! How did you guess? LOL

Precisely. And almost in that exact order, too. Of course, I'm sure you've guessed that Clark and Superman are the ones from L&C, right? hehehehe!

blush

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Merriwether
Merriwether
That makes me wonder. Did Dean Cain ever have identity problems? He can complete the Me, Myself, and I.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm just catching up with your story Ann.

It's great writing and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm curious if Super Santa will come back, eventually. He isn't likely to find the Kryptonians, is he? And after all, Lois and Clark have to be together, don't they? But anyway, that's your decision.

Please come back with more... clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey,

I'm reading and enjoying this, Ann ! I'm hoping that Clark is hiding out in Smallville, not in that horrible New Krypton place.

It was cool having her meet Dick Grayson. Since my roots are with the DC Comics, going back to 1963 when I first picked up Action Comics, I love anything comics-related.

Post again soon!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is Ann's fic, ChaaBreh. And yes, Ann, please come back soon!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh. I like it, TOC! You're bringing in all the elements...I just wonder if/when Clark is going to be making an appearance, and how!

I love Bat's protegy. Love his eyes. I had to read that description like ten times until I got enough of it. I wonder, though...Isn't Clara only 12? Would the police be so hard on her?

What in the world has she been blamed for? Surely someone hasn't connected the craters or fallen trees to her (besides batboy, that is!)

Eagerly waiting for the next part! I can't wait to see Martha and Jonathan's reactions, let alone Lois's!

SmirkyRaven

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ann, I am woefully late on feedback for this incredible story!! I've just read all three parts and can I just say *wow*?! You can write, lady — of course, I've known that all along. laugh I'm just glad to see your talent gracing the boards once more!!

I love your Clara. She's her mother's daughter — need I say more? So headstrong, so heartwarmingly likeable and so, so in need of answers. I can't wait to see where you're taking us with this!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks a million for all the feedback, guys!! I have about fifteen minutes to do so before I'll have to rush off and do other things!

Nancy, thank you for appreciating the scene where Clara is running next to Rick's motorbike! I liked it, too. Oh, and I liked that little Casablanca reference from you. And thank you for so faithfully commenting, every time. smile

Mellie, that Dick and Rick thing... I couldn't resist it. I loved Dick Grayson, Robin, when I was a kid, and to say I was shocked when I learnt what "Dick" could mean in English was an understatement! So I just thought... well, you know what I thought. wink Thanks for all your feedback - I really appreciate it!

Hi, Woody! Glad to see you here. Well, I did post again, as you can see.

And Sheila, I'm glad you like Dick Grayson, even if his name is Rick in this story. But just because it's you... yes, maybe Jonathan and Martha are expecting company, and just maybe, maybe it has something to do with Rick.

Maria, thank you for your feedback! Well, like I said, I thought perhaps that in this day and age, a young kid would be uncomfortable about being called "Dick", since that is a slang word that means, uh, something else.... And Bobby Bigmouth is everywhere, isn't he?

And Lara, I'm glad my little story could remind you of the fourth sexiest guy in the world, after Dean Cain, Clark Kent and Superman! goofy Glad you liked Robin, too!

Barbara, thanks for commenting and prasing my writing! blush Well, like I said, I, too, want Clark to come back, but it won't happen right away.

Chris! You are here, too? So glad to see you! And hey, you read your first DC Comics in 1963? You beat me by five years....

Rachel, thanks a lot! Wow, you liked my description of Rick's eyes that much? blush

As for Rachel Harris, she is a small-town sheriff... very smalltown... and maybe she isn't always doing things by the book?

And Crystal, I'm so glad to see you here. Yes, Clara is her mother's daughter, and she's very much in need of answers, indeed. Hopefully she'll find some of the answers she's looking for.

Thanks, everybody, for reading and commenting! You all make my day!!!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard