Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36853 01/04/07 09:58 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I like the way you portray the characters and their feelings.

“You’re not much older than I am, and you did a good job raising Clark,” Perry said. Their son had been one of the best investigative reporters the editor had ever had the privilege of knowing, and one of the best men, even without the Superman persona.

“If we’d done a good job, we wouldn’t be having this conversation,” Jonathan said sadly. “Or maybe we might, but it would have been Clark giving you the message, not some stranger. If we’d done a good job, he wouldn’t have felt so alone . . . he wouldn’t have done what he did to himself and everyone around him.”

“Jonathan, it’s not the baby’s fault Clark’s not here,” Martha said.
I think this part sums up everything the elder Kents are feeling. Insecurity, guilt, but also the need to help the infant Clark.

“Whose kid?” Sam asked.

“It’s complicated, Dad,” Lucy began.

“It always is,” Ellen put in.
Couldn't keep from chuckling. It's so much like Ellen to say exactly that... The way you write them makes me a little envious. blush

“I didn’t ask. She sounded pretty strung out on the phone. When Perry and I got to the hospital where she said was, she’d already left. The description the nurse gave me matched a woman I went out with a couple times nine, ten months ago and the names matched on the paperwork. She’d put me down as the father, so unless somebody can prove otherwise, I’m a daddy.”

“So, when are you getting rid of her?” Ellen demanded, finishing off her glass of wine.
“And if this ‘person’ comes back, demanding the child?” Ellen asked. There was a vicious bite in her tone.
Ellen is not just playing the devil's advocate, is she? She really is against Lucy and Jimmy keeping the girl.

Clark Kent, Lois’s partner, was also dead. So much waste, three lives snuffed out over one miscalculation.
Oh, Lucy still does not know? That doesn't bode well...

We named her Lois,” Jimmy said. “Lois Joanne, after her aunt. After my friend.”
This is so incredibly sweet, telling not only of Jimmy's and Lucy's respect for Lois, but also of their commitment to each other. sloppy

Can't wait for more!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just got all caught up on this series.

While I don't agree with the initial premise, I find the story very well written.

I look forward to more.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I enjoyed this, Dandello. I hope there is more forthcoming.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What happen to this story?

MAF huh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
I got distracted - expect more by the end of the week.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard