Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

April 17: I called Mom today. I said, ”Mom, I’m pregnant.” She made a sort of wailing sound and hung up.

I decided I would call Dad right away. Not that I think that he and Mom would normally talk to one another, but you never know. So I called him and said, ”Dad, I’m pregnant.” There was what seemed like five minutes of icy silence on the the other end of the line, and then he said, ”Really, my dear? I can direct you to a good abortion clinic.”

Lucy called. She giggled and sounded a bit drunk. She told me she’d always known that I would turn out to be the black sheep of the family.
:rolleyes: What a loving family! mad

”Hey, Jim, whas-a-matter?”

He turned bright red, then he stuttered, ”You, eh, you’re beginning to show a little. It looks, eh, really nice on you.”

I could fell myself blushing. Then I just got up from my chair and went up to him and gave him a hug.”Thanks, Jim,” I whispered. ”I guess you’re the first one who’s complimented me on this pregnancy so far.”
Jimmy is the only one that cares about Lois. frown

August 19: So here’s the long and short of it. Dr Klein tells me I can’t work. I had to call Perry and tell him. And he informed me, regretfully, that if I couldn’t work, then he would have to let me go and hire another reporter who could do the work in my place. What could I tell him? You can’t fire me, Perry? But he could, and he had to.
Perry seems cold with Lois. frown

October 18: I’m running out of money, as I can’t work. For now, I’m staying here at Star Labs, in the good care of Dr Klein and Dr Kingley. But I don’t have a job, and I fear I’m about to lose my apartment as well.

November 26: I got an eviction note today.
Nobody seem to care for Lois and baby. hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh! Gaaah! Grrr! Poodles and pitchforks and ponytails! Who would ever have thought that flying could be this difficult?
Well, she is just twelve…

I haven’t hurt myself so far, so that’s all right, but I’ve made all these craters in the ground around me.
rotflol

All right, yes, I’ve left Metropolis already, because I’d never have dared practised flying like this if I’d still been in the Big Apricot.
Right out of Superman 3….

And I’ve accidentally felled two trees already,
rotflol

Well, I’m downright proud of myself that I found this road I can follow, Interstate 70.
rotflol I don’t know why your accuracy struck me as so funny, but it did…. Maybe because I’ve driven all the way across Kansas on Interstate 70.

August 19: So here’s the long and short of it. Dr Klein tells me I can’t work. I had to call Perry and tell him. And he informed me, regretfully, that if I couldn’t work, then he would have to let me go and hire another reporter who could do the work in my place. What could I tell him? You can’t fire me, Perry? But he could, and he had to.
Pretty much illegal…(As long as she had worked there at least one year.) It's not always been that way, but it was then, too.

I’m lost; I have no control. I’m tossed by the waves of a horrible sea. I’m stretched and torn and scrambled by the tremors of an earthquake whose epicentre is in smack dab in my belly. I’m tossed, torn, twisted, turned inside out and pried open, and the forces converging on me just won’t let up. I can only scream as another wave of red hot pain is rolling over me, and then another one, and another.
Nice description.

And I close my eyes and thank the Gods and the forces of the universe, and my wonderful Clark whom I knew so briefly, for my miracle baby on Christmas.
Awww….

And then suddenly there is a hand on my shoulder, and I yell and fly up so hard that I break clear through the ceiling of the car.
Who? Who? Come back soon and tell us who!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, who found Clara? This was such a cute little rebellous story that turned into such an emotional one. Clara went from being defiant to actually almost feeling what Lois did to bring her into this world safely.

You must post part 3 soon. This was wonderful! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi! Not much time for a long review, but I just wanted you to know that I'm with you on this story! The idea of Lois having a kid with Clark and Superman running off to New Krypton...or...um.."Santa," I should say. lol.

I like your little Clara. She's an intriguing character. It's always wonderful when you find a good OC that has been well written and developed. You have a great balance of humor and seriousness here. I just can't wait to find out what Lois is doing while her daughter's taking off across America.

And is Clark going to come back? I love my Clark, hard as it may be to believe if you're reading my fic wink , but still...I'd love to have him come back.

I can't wait to see Jonathan and Martha's reactions to their granddaughter. (!!!) thumbsup

Who is it that found her in the car? I'm eagerly awaiting your next chapter!

SmirkyRaven

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Maria, you are right - Lois certainly hasn't got a very loving family. Like you say, Jimmy is the only one who seems to care about Lois. Actually I think that Perry cares more than he is letting on, too, but let me put it like this - I wanted to create a situation where Lois gives up pretty much everything for her baby.

And yes, who was the person who found Lois? I'll try to post the next chapter before school starts again on Monday (because when it does, I'll be just extremely busy until the end of February... frown )

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh! Gaaah! Grrr! Poodles and pitchforks and ponytails! Who would ever have thought that flying could be this difficult?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, she is just twelve…
You're right, Nancy, Clara is only twelve, so she may yet learn to fly. Then again, there are no guarantees, are there?

Glad you liked the craters in the ground.... goofy

quote:
All right, yes, I’ve left Metropolis already, because I’d never have dared practised flying like this if I’d still been in the Big Apricot.

Right out of Superman 3….
Is "The Big Apricot" from Superman 3? I thought it was from the comics. But then, I did see Superman 3, so I might have picked it up from there.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> quote:
Well, I’m downright proud of myself that I found this road I can follow, Interstate 70.

notworthy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is "The Big Apricot" from Superman 3? I thought it was from the comics. But then, I did see Superman 3, so I might have picked it up from there.
Well, let’s just say I don’t remember it being in the comics till after the movie, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

I'm glad you told me this, Nancy. I had no idea what the rules are regarding this in the States. Firing someone in a situation like this would be totally illegal in Sweden, but somehow I didn't think it would be against the law in the U.S. Glad to hear I was wrong. Well, I hope that the scenario I've described in my story isn't absolutely impossible, though, because I'd like to keep it.
Not necessarily impossible, no. The rules are very complicated, and some businesses will do everything they can to get rid of an employee who is ill / pregnant.

And Clark? Well, I'll seriously, seriously try to keep on telling this story until Clark is back. I, too, want the big lunkhead of a teddybear to return!
Maybe he is already here, but Lois doesn’t know?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann, thank you for the diary entries explaining why Lois didn't contact the Kents about her child. I still think she should have, but I do understand now why she didn't. Fear and uncertainty are a wonderful pair of motivators, somewhat like the feelings Clark had about telling Lois about his secret identity.

Interesting that Clark's sperm stayed motile in Lois's body for more than three months. I guess that means it's a very good thing he didn't "spread his love around" before he met Lois. Otherwise, there really would be a few of Superman's love children out there.

Hurry and post the next part! And then skip some sleep to get the part after that done! Quickly! Before the time-sucking imps from class attack you!!!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard