Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cute, Ann!!

I’m so embarrassed that I just want to disappear, but I want to tell him that…yeah, I have a home. Only I don’t dare to go back there right now. Because I’m in trouble and I need to think, and right now I can’t face Mom, and if I go back there now she won’t let me finish reading her diary. Because I, Clara Ellen Lane, have broken into Mom’s secret drawer and stolen the diary where she wrote down the secrets that she wouldn't share with anyone. And the things I read in there… and when Mom finds out I’ve been reading them…. oh, my…
Naughty, naughty daughter…

Well, Mom and Santa got together, and, hmmmm, they hit it off – they, uh, they did the sort of things I can’t even begin to tell you about
Not on ‘this side’ anyway…

Her name was Zara, and Dad said she was his wife. Poor Mom!
That woman just keeps popping up, doesn’t she?

(It’s Christmas Day today, and it’s my birthday too, if I didn’t tell you.)
Oh, man, poor Lois was pregnant a loonngg time. No wait.. Those little critters could live a loonggg time with that drug, couldn’t they?

It feels peaceful, as if I could just fly away above the sea and forget about my troubles. Too bad that Smallville is in the other direction.
Bet she can, too - fly to Smallville that is.

Jeepers… I wonder what her cup size is.
K… No, no… J… You sure her name's not Priscilla?

why my Mom’s never told me the truth, and how I and Mom can ever again be the sort of wonderful friends that we used to be, and who I am anyway.
Awww…. She’s afraid her mom will be that mad? Isn’t this just like a kid?

Jeepers! I’ve run straight into one of those warehouses here down at Hobb’s Bay. Hot damn, I’ve totalled it! Someone is going to be really angry tomorrow.
Yep, gonna be mad, Clara.

What’s a ghettobird? A helicopter?

Hope that girl knows a lot about geography.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is good Classicalla, even though Lois is going to strangle her when she catches up. Sounds like she needs superman!

doublel

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
his led to a very heated Lois and Clark encounter of the nth kind
clap

I want to get from Metropolis to a place in Kansas called Smallville, for crying out loud – and I want to do it so that not a single adult will notice. Particularly not my Mom. How do I do it?
I'd suggest flying, but I'm thinking someone would notice her doing that for sure...

(I could ask the librarian: Do you have a guidebook about how a kid can run some 1,500 miles away from home on $27.50? And by the way, how do I find this place Smallville anyway?)
Hilarious!!!!

Love the part where they go in the diner. smile Very nice! I'd have to quote it all, so I won't - but really, very nice and sweet and.. awww! poor lil Clara.

Ah, see - I couldn't get my eyes off the rest of the story long enough to quote from it again. I loved it, Ann!! I can't wait to read more of it! Yay! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just so cute. I've read the other two prequels and have enjoyed them. I cannot wait for Clara to get to Smallville. Maybe Clark is back! huh

The Adventures of Clara Ellen Kent 1/?
Was this a slip up of accidentally on purpose?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
I love your Super-Santa Series. It's so original. And funny. Did I mention hilarious? No? Well, that, too.

Well, Mom and Santa got together, and, hmmmm, they hit it off – they, uh, they did the sort of things I can’t even begin to tell you about, and when Mom finds out I have been reading about it she'll kill me.
This totally freaked me out. Lois would have a hard time killing that girl, even if she tried.

The first time I was probably only five or something. You should have seen him when he saw me – like someone had shown him the world’s cutest puppy or koala bear. He didn’t want to eat any of the food Mom had brought him, and he wanted to buy Mom and me dinner at a restaurant instead.
This is so sweet. Bobby liking Lois' little girl so much.

smile1

Great writing, Ann! Can't wait for the next part!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The Adventures of Clara Ellen Kent 1/?
Was this a slip up of accidentally on purpose?
Slip up... Fixing it.

Fixed the TOC, too.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks a billion for the feedback, everyone! smile1

Nancy, I really like that you spotted this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(It’s Christmas Day today, and it’s my birthday too, if I didn’t tell you.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, man, poor Lois was pregnant a loonngg time. No wait.. Those little critters could live a loonggg time with that drug, couldn’t they?
They sure could!!! goofy

quote:
It feels peaceful, as if I could just fly away above the sea and forget about my troubles. Too bad that Smallville is in the other direction.

Bet she can, too - fly to Smallville that is.
Ehh, hmmm... I wouldn't necessarily bet on this... wink

quote:

goofy

quote:
So, well, Mom broke into Santa’s apartment here in Metropolis and looked around in there, the way she usually does when she wants to find things out.

Like mother, like daughter! hehe!
Yep!

quote:
he’d done it because he couldn’t resist her.

Might be elseworld, but Clark is still Clark where Lois is concerned.
Yes, and I'm entirely with Clara here: it's sweet that he couldn't resist her.

quote:quote:
I want to get from Metropolis to a place in Kansas called Smallville, for crying out loud – and I want to do it so that not a single adult will notice. Particularly not my Mom. How do I do it?

I'd suggest flying, but I'm thinking someone would notice her doing that for sure...
I think so too. And anyway, the flying bit isn't going to come at all easily to Clara.

quote:
(I could ask the librarian: Do you have a guidebook about how a kid can run some 1,500 miles away from home on $27.50? And by the way, how do I find this place Smallville anyway?)

Hilarious!!!!
So glad you liked it, Lara! I thought it was funny, too.

Sheila, I'm so glad you like this story!

Yes, Maria, I think Lois has figured out that Clara has her diary. When Lois came home, taking the elevator up to her apartment, she could hear that Clara was running down the stairs as is the devil was after her. Maybe Lois tried to catch up with Clara, but she would soon notice that she had no chance of doing so. So I'm sure she went back up to her apartment to try to figure out why Clara had become so upset. And then she would have found out that her secret drawer had been broken into, and that her diary was missing.

Also, no, Clara doesn't know where Smallville is. She has a general idea of where Kansas is, of course, but I'm not absolutely sure that she knows exactly how to get from Metropolis to Kansas, if she has to go there by flying or running there herself.

I love your Super-Santa Series. It's so original. And funny. Did I mention hilarious? No? Well, that, too.
Thanks a billion, Mellie! blush

quote:
Well, Mom and Santa got together, and, hmmmm, they hit it off – they, uh, they did the sort of things I can’t even begin to tell you about, and when Mom finds out I have been reading about it she'll kill me.

This totally freaked me out. Lois would have a hard time killing that girl, even if she tried.
Well, I don't think Lois is all that angry - I think that right now, she's more a concerned and remorseful mother, blaming herself for making her little girl run away. Even so, seeing what you wrote here, I couldn't help picturing Lois unsuccessfully trying to strangle Clara! goofy

I'll try to be back with the next part as soon as possible, but I have to admit I haven't even started writing it yet. (Bad Ann, get your act together, or Lois may try her stranglehold on you instead of on Clara.... shock )

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, Ann, please do bring us the next part soon! I'd like to see Martha and Jonathan apply some of that Kansas common sense to her situation.

But this whole situation implies that Clara has never met her father's parents! Are you telling us that Lois never told Jonathan and Martha about their grandchild? Or that they refused contact? I find both of those scenarios a little hard to swallow, especially since Lois had surely met the Kents during the Bureau 39 fisaco in Smallville. Or did that not happen in this universe? I'm confused. Please enlighten me.

And I'd like to wash that twelve-year-old mouth out with some anti-bacterial soap. She's got a mouth on her, that one does. Of course, having been raised by the dynamic and single-minded Lois Lane would do that to an impressionable young girl.

This really is good stuff, Ann. Keep it up.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Ann,

Happy New Year! hyper

I've just read this story and this is BRILLIANT. wave
Stuart

Kerth
Kerth
You've described Clara's Angst beautifully.
Jippie! Someone who knows how to spell 'Angst' correctly! Doing the happy dance. dance dance dance

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Terry and Stuart, thank you so much for your feedback! smile

Stuart, a Happy New Year to you, too! I'm so glad that you like my story and that you like my version of Bobby Bigmouth. Actually, it really was Bobby who contacted Lois and told her where Clara was - I'm not going to elaborate on it, but yes, it was Bobby who "snitched", and that's why Clara called him a traitor. But honestly, what could he do? In time, Clara will understand.

Terry, thanks for reading! Actually, this is a story where Clark's daughter has indeed never met her paternal grandparents. This is an Elseworlds story, where Clark left for Krypton before he ever made his debut as Superman, even if he did have the suit ready (presumably made for him by Martha). But while this Clark was never Superman, he was - once - a flying Santa Claus, which is why Clara thinks of herself as Santa's daughter. Because Clark never called attention to himself as Superman, Bureau 39 may never have existed and has certainly never tried to kill him.

Not only that. Clark's relationship with Lois is radically different in my story from what it was in the TV show. While it is true that this Clark and this Lois both worked at the Daily Planet for a short time, Perry never partnered them, and Lois never paid any attention to Clark until she started to track down "Santa Claus". (Clark may have fallen in love with Lois pretty much right away, but he never did anything to try to make her fall in love with him.) By the time Lois cornered him and told him that she knew he was the flying Santa Claus, Clark had already made up his mind that he was going back to Krypton. All the necessary preparations had been made, and his ship was waiting for him. But when he meets Lois to talk to her shortly before leaving sparks fly, and they practically fall into bed together. To Lois, their lovemaking is beyond anything she could ever have imagined, and her shock at being told that her lover is leaving for Krypton in a few hours is absolutely devastating. In my story, Lois is desperate to have Clark's child, so that she will have something left of her lover. At the same time, however, she feels absolutely unable to tell Clark's parents that she is expecting their son's child.

So the long and short of it is that Clara has never met Jonathan and Martha, and in fact she had never heard about their existence until she stole Lois's diary. (She also didn't know anything at all about her father before she read what Lois had written in her diary.) This is an important reason for why Clara is feeling so betrayed, and it is an important reason for why she is so determined to go to Smallville to meet her grandparents.

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ann wrote back to me:

To Lois, their lovemaking is beyond anything she could ever have imagined, and her shock at being told that her lover is leaving for Krypton in a few hours is absolutely devastating. In my story, Lois is desperate to have Clark's child, so that she will have something left of her lover. At the same time, however, she feels absolutely unable to tell Clark's parents that she is expecting their son's child.

So the long and short of it is that Clara has never met Jonathan and Martha, and in fact she had never heard about their existence until she stole Lois's diary. (She also didn't know anything at all about her father before she read what Lois had written in her diary.) This is an important reason for why Clara is feeling so betrayed, and it is an important reason for why she is so determined to go to Smallville to meet her grandparents.
I can see her being desperate to have Clark's child, but to cut Clark's family out of his child's life is not a good thing, and on the surface looks to be incredibly selfish and hard-hearted. If a girl or young woman showed up on my doorstep claiming to be my unknown grandchild, I would not feel very charitable to her mother. I'd consider it the minimum of politeness to be notified of her existence.

Oh, my. This is truly out of character for "our" Lois, but apparently not for "your" Lois. Does this mean that she has been less than completely honest with other people in her life? Has she cut professional corners and maybe lowered her ethical standards more than once to get a story?

Seen in this light, Clara's decision to flee to Smallville may have some far-reaching consequences for Lois, too. This will certainly shock Jonathan and Martha, and Clara will surely not treat this witholding of information lightly. Lois's credibility as a mother is at stake here, and unless she comes up with an absolutely dynamite explanation for her lack of action, it's going to cost her dearly, maybe for the rest of her life.

And what if Clark has had intermittent contact with his parents over the years? What will the news that he had a child with Lois do to him? How will it affect his position on New Krypton (assuming he has an exalted position at all)? What might it do to any relationship he might have established there (like with Zara and any children they might have had)? And even if he hasn't had any contact with Earth during that time, might he not return some day? There's trouble coming.

This may necessitate a couple of additional chapters from you, Ann, while you hammer out this seeming act of selfishness. Unless Lois has a really, really good reason for keeping the Kents in the dark, she's going to lose a great deal of her future.

So keep up the good work! I definitely want to read about Clara's first meeting with her grandparents, and I want to see how they react. This could be more than just explosive. It could go pear-shaped and nuclear in a hurry.

(Got that one from another author on this site. Means "go really, really bad." Or so I was told.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard