Next Thread
Print Thread
#36466 12/26/06 05:46 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hokay, now I know where the 'any language' part of the title came from.

You know, if I was blown away by a woman who subsequently treated me like Lois is treating Clark, I'd have to sit down and re-think my first impression skills. She's even more abrasive and standoffish here than she was in the pilot ep! Makes me want to trip her.

I'm glad Clark isn't just sitting back and taking it. He shouldn't quite respond in kind, I think, but he should let her know that he's not scared off by her crummy attitude. And maybe he should play a little hard-to-get, eh? Maybe he shouldn't be such a doormat this time around.

Very nice alternate take on the first meeting! I wonder where you're going to take this, but wherever you go, I think it'll be an interesting trip.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to a big, interesting trip! I just caught up with this one tonight. I'm also glad Clark isn't put off by her crummy attitude. She'll crumble. :p

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois in dominatrix mode. Me thinks Clark kinda likes it.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Do the girls usually fawn at your feet when you say that? Do they throw you their bras and room keys?”
Oh, come on, Lois. You are just being mean…

She barely paused before blowing him off, in a big-sister kind of way. “Look, I’ve heard lines from men all around the world. Your’s isn’t bad, but it’s nothing to write home about, you understand. I’ve turned down men from every habited continent on Earth in at least a dozen languages, so save yourself a little time, huh? I’m just not interested.”
No, in any language….

Seventeen countries in twelve years? You traveled much too frequently to make any real friends, let alone establish a meaningful relationship. So the no-dating policy was probably pretty good protection. I knew you were a smart one, Lois.”
Stick it to her, Clark - albeit gently.

Well, I'm not liking this ultra mean Lois, but you are certainly writing her well. I certainly think Clark ought to back off and let Lois figure out just what she's lost.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Boy, that girl's got attitude. No, ATTITUDE!!! is more like it, I guess wink

Anyway, I like how Clark is giving her contra and can't wait to see what happens next.

~Julia wave

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Yikes! What an attitude. I'm still hoping that she's going to get a comedown somewhere along the line. Maybe she's had bad experiences along the way, but that's no excuse to be so nasty to someone who has been nothing but nice. This Lois is a major witch. If I had a co-worker like this, I'd avoid her like the proverbial plague.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just got caught up on this one and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying it. I think Lois is being a b@#*% for no reason. But, I know that the two of them will somehow find their ways into each others hearts.

Very well done, but the parts need to be longer...or post more frequently...whichever comes first. evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
the parts need to be longer...or post more frequently...whichever comes first
Can do. The week got away from me this time, but it won't happen again. wink

I think Lois is being a b@#*% for no reason.
I had a friend who used to be accused of this. She was the only gal who served with a bunch of jarheads (a civilian post). After awhile she just assumed the worst, that every little comment was a come-on, etc.

I'm also glad Clark isn't put off by her crummy attitude. She'll crumble.
If she doesn't, this will be a real bummer of a story, and no one will ever read anything I ever write again. Hmmm.... can't let that happen. wink

Now, how about I post one part now and another part soon.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard