Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Y
Like I promised, there was a little something special for Tank in this part.

Any and all comments welcome here -- like it, hate it, think I should stop writing wink ...

- Alicia smile
(gasp starting my own comments folder... I hope it's not empty... that's why I never start my own because I am paranoid that no one will respond)

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh, you're killing me! Let's hear an 'I do' already!!! laugh

Jen goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hmm, what Jen said... I don't do well at the not-talking thing either. wink

You know I enjoy the whole costume/theme bit. Especially
"We're a theme?" Clark wondered aloud, horrified. He shook his head with disbelief.
razz And
Was the *Marriage License Bureau* typically a great pick-up joint? Maybe since this was Las Vegas, it was.
rotflol

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooo. great part, alicia!

start off with the sequined pants line, and the laughs just kept coming. actually, the whole discussion about the suit and their thoughts about how much it showed were really good.

then the bonnie and clyde theme.

then the superman and ultrawoman theme.

(good point about the blood tests in metropolis, btw)

then the drive through window ruled out because it took too long.

then "you had me at express" (too new to have been an intended reference on lois's part, but works great for author and reader)

then the woman at the marriage liscense beauro. the nails. the handwritten sign. the attitude towards lois and then towards clark and then towards lois again... the surprise that clark was taken...

love the name of the chapel, too.

then, for some fun contrast with the last character (and i do mean character), there's the woman at the chapel.

then, out of nowhere...

She had the strangest sensation in her stomach. It felt like she had been *whammed* by a large tank.
all i can say is...

thumbsup thumbsup

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
So they're finally about to marry. YAY!

The scene where they are trying to decide at which chappel to go, and what costume to wear was funny. The mention that they could get married as Superman and UltraWoman was great. Who knew that was possible...

It felt like she had been *whammed* by a large tank.
rotflol rotflol Great line!

Now bring out the last chapter so we can see what happens next!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was funny. Especially since I've been to the marriage license office in Las Vegas, where a relative of mine got married (an actual Elvis wedding on the Strip). The applications are found in the lobby at a kiosk. You actually fill out the application in pencil, then stand in a roped line on the right just outside security. Then you wait to be called into a separate room off the lobby with a bunch of counters, kind of like a bank or fast food line where the person at the counter yells, "Next!" I didn't get to go in there, myself, because only the applying bride and groom are allowed inside.

In the wedding I attended, Elvis sang a few songs and then performed the ceremony (the Love Me Tender package at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel). Then the bride and groom went off to the side to have an actual judge or Justice of the Peace do the legal ceremony, and then sign a few papers. It was fun.

I loved the scene with the bored marriage license lady who decides to hit on Clark. And then the Tank reference. rotflol

The only "problem" I could find is that the marriage license office is always busy with a pretty long line and a lot more than a single employee manning the counter(s). There's no front desk where an employee hands you an application since the applications and the pencils are at a kiosk and the instructions are on a sign. But hey, who cares? It's funnier the way it's written. I love it! smile

P.S. For those who are curious, the chapel next to where you get the certificates is called "A Little Chapel by the Courthouse."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
Great installment, Alicia!

I loved the bored lady at the licence office. Very, very funny!

More!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Alicia

This is a great part...

Love the theme wedding coversation wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great stuff, Alicia! <g>

I loved the idea of Clark getting married while still dressed as Superman rotflol And the teasing about Lois's UltraWoman costume was good, too.

Not so sure about it as a theme, though. I shudder to think of what those costumes would look like on the average wedding customers... eek

Anyway, this is fun, gimme more! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was fun!!

Loved the themes especially Supe & Ultrawoman and I agree with Pam that having others don the costumes would be wierd as no one would look as good.

I echo everyone else -- let's have the wedding!!!!

Barb.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah! Its almost time for the I do part smile1

I'm glad Clark didn't vaporize Lois doing from the east coast to Las Vegas in under a minute wink

And since Herb is going to find them (even in Hawaii?), I guess you won't be moving extra installments to the Nfic section blush

Very fun story! thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Finally!

Want more, ASAP. blush

More soon, please.

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm sorry Alicia, the instalment was cute and funny and all that, but you are not getting away with calling 'that' a wham. Somehow the thought that they might have to wait an extra five minutes doesn't really strike me as wham-worthy.

So what do we have now? One instalment left, and Lois and Clark aren't even married yet. Since it doesn't appear there is going to be any really major, nasty wham, perhaps we can get some funny and shocked reactions scenes from friends and family? I thought not.

I know what you're going to do. You will get them married and then spend the rest of the last instalment subjecting the gentle readers to all sorts of really yucky stuff.

Tank (who hopes he's wrong but doesn't think so)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Alicia
great part
they're getting there
more soon
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I hope Tank is right, I am looking forward to all the Yucky stuff! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great job Alicia, smile1 , and you better NOT be planning any major whams in this 1 last part, either grumble laugh

S (who's not very patiently waiting for the last part!!! dizzy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another great part, Alicia! I'm glad I finally have the time to sit down and read this! And so many little funny bits woven in with a few more smoochies! Yay! <g> Okay, I had to highlight a few things I just loved...

"Wouldn't it be interesting if we got married as Superman and UltraWoman?" Then she remembered something else that she had read on one of the web sites she had seen. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. It's actually a theme."
lol!! I can definitely see that as a theme. Although, it was a good idea for the two of them to not use that theme... Someone might get suspicious. wink

Lois shook her head animatedly. "Um, no. We already agreed to have Elvis as our witness. We are not getting married in a place called 'Graceland.' And we are *not* getting married in anything run by Perry's 'Blue Suede Deliverance' cult!"
/me can't help but snicker a little laugh And what a name for a chapel, huh?

"Perry would kill us for not inviting him if we got married by Elvis," Lois argued.
lol goofy He would, too. I can see it now. Lois & Clark killed right after they return from their honeymoon. Best to choose something else! <g>

"What about the 'Express Tunnel of Love'?"
/me can't help but wonder if there is such a thing. That would be interesting.

Lois looked at Clark and raised her eyebrows in disgust. Had that woman expected two people at the Marriage License Bureau not to be looking for a marriage license? Was she expecting Clark to see her and give up any ideas of marrying Lois? Yeah right. That was never going to happen. Was the *Marriage License Bureau* typically a great pick-up joint? Maybe since this was Las Vegas, it was.
rotflol This whole paragraph was perfect!! I can see Lois fuming... And getting more and more mad as she stands there. Very well written!!

And the Tank line, LOL! That was perfect too! I believe that is all I have to say for now, Alicia. Thanks for another great part. I can't wait for part 4, so hurry up or else!! wildguy

Jana (who is normally very sweet and nice, but who can nag with the best of them) wink

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Blogger
Blogger
Hi there Alicia!!

This is soooo great smile1 I can barely wait until you post again! hyper

I'm enjoying this inmensely so thanks for sharing and post soon!!

See you!
wave

(gasp starting my own comments folder... I hope it's not empty... that's why I never start my own because I am paranoid that no one will respond
PS: LOL! Don't worry about that! your story is too good to let it pass! wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Was the *Marriage License Bureau* typically a great pick-up joint? Maybe since this was Las Vegas, it was.
I don't know why this struck me as so funny, but it did. goofy

This was a fun section! I wondered, at first, if the Launcelot/Guinevere thing was a Soulmates dig, but then I decided it was just another in a long line of hilarious possibilities. I will say, though, that I'm surprised Lois would consider James Bond, after that "daymare" she had in DToSC.

Looking forward to MORE, Alicia. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part, Alicia! The Tank reference had me in stitches!

And of course, the Ultrawoman/Superman theme. I wonder what would have happened if they had chosen that...

Elvis: (thinking) hmm Clark Kent and Lois Lane sure look an awful lot like Ultrawoman and Superman... Naw, couldn't be.

Sorry, LOL I couldn't resist. And I think you're right when you said that Perry would kill them if they were married by Elvis and he didn't get to be there. Maybe they can get autographs for Perry. <g>

Looking forward to the final part,
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard