Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That was very sweet and to the point. No major revolations. I could almost see that as a filler episode during season 1.

The thing with the boy was so sad, yet it helped Lois and others I think understand the true meaning of Chirstmas.

Well writen and for someone who doesn't do "WAFFY", that was awesome. smile More soon!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww! I loved it! it's a sad little story, but it was so beautiful. smile

...and it had the potential to turn into something really waffy - if it had continued just a few more paragraphs. hehehe! I wish you'd write them, you've done an amazing job of the story already. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
if it had continued just a few more paragraphs.
And Father Danny comes out, catches them and calls Clark's mom (or orders them to get a room.)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Merriwether
Merriwether
well, yeah, but I thought the end had a strange sad but waffy feeling.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Very nice. I like that you don't do waffy (I don't either).

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh, what a sweet, though sad, little vignette. Sigh!

Sigh!
notworthy notworthy notworthy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very well done. I liked the way you handled this it was a nice bittersweet story. Granted I love the sweet waffy bits in stories but it is nice to have something out there that shows that not everything is always perfect.

Plus it was about Christmas... and Christmas stories are my most favorite thing in the world. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
Features Writer
I really have a low threshold for waff so thanks, I definitely enjoyed this.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Oh, this was wonderful! It definitely had some waffiness but there was some good realism too. Good job!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not really into Christmas (or really any other holiday) fic . . . but since I saw your caveat about not doing WAFFs, I figured I'd read your story anyway, Dandello.

I wasn't disappointed. smile

Great story.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry for rambling a bit here, Dandello. I'm not religious, and I don't really believe that we are going anywhere except into the ground when we have died - not that I can't be totally wrong about that, of course....

Anyway. Personally I don't believe that we are going anywhere after we have died, but I don't doubt for a moment that sometimes you can help people to die a happier death. I'm certain that sometimes, at least, the things you do can make the dying person feel that he or she is off to a better place. You really can help some of them that way. Of course, if there is a God and the dying person is worthy in the eyes of this God, then the person is going to heaven no matter what you do, or don't do. Even so, you can make a difference when it comes to helping the dying person meet his own death.

When my grandfather was almost 95 years old and had been a widower for eight years, he had had it up to here with life. He wanted to die. He had stopped eating and drinking. But now that death was approaching, he was scared. Several members of his family were gathered around him, and he cried out to us, "Hold me! Hold my hand!" We held his hand, we stroked his cheek, we spoke soothingly to him, but it seemed as if he couldn't feel it when we touched him. And he kept crying out in anguish.

My grandfather was a very religious man. Never in his life had he doubted that good people go to heaven when they die. But I guess that now, when he could feel death approaching, he couldn't feel heaven getting closer. I'm sure he wasn't sensing the presence of his beloved, dead wife. And he was so scared.

Suddenly, one of us started singing. Soon we were all singing my grandfather's favorite hymns. The change in my grandfather was amazing. He relaxed. He looked peaceful. And after only a few minutes, he stopped breathing altogether. Personally, I'm always going to think that he relaxed and he stopped fighting death because he believed he could hear the angels singing to him. He hadn't been able to feel heaven approaching, but our song made him feel that heaven was opening its portals for him.

The reason for my long rambling, Dandello, is just that I wanted to say that the scene where Superman took Bobby flying, and Bobby died in his arms, was outstandingly beautiful. The poor boy was clearly going to die anyway, and he could never have died a happier death.

As a non-religious person I almost never like sermons, but I often like churches. Churches, particularly old churches, are silently reverberating with the hopes and dreams of so many people, many of them long gone. In the church, their dreams remain, echoing from the walls. This majestic building was where they went to express their dreams. And when you sit in such an old church, and hear beautiful music being played or sung, you can find peace inside yourself, somehow tapping into the dreams of so many people before you.

So I thought it was a very good thing that Lois and Clark went to that church together, after Bobby had died and Clark was hurting so.

I just wanted to say that your story is beautiful, Dandello, and in spite of its religious content, it appeals strongly to a non-religious person as myself.

Ann

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Lovely. I'm in the mood for Christmas stories this morning, and this was perfect. Bittersweet, tender, and a little heartbreaking all at once. You did such a nice job of showing not only the weight of responsibility Clark carries around but also the friends who help him carry it - even if they don't always know they're doing it.

Thank you!

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
in spite of its religious content
Hmm. I didn't think of this story as religious at all, despite Bobby's death and the church. Must go re-read.

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard