Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I'm a fan of The West Wing, also of Lois And Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, but for some reason I'd never seen the Lois and Clark episode "Lethal Weapon" before the Season 4 DVDs were released, or realised that the villain of the week was played by the late great John Spencer, Leo McGarry in The West Wing. When I saw it this more or less wrote itself...
Did you notice that Lana Lang is played by Emily Procter who on the West Wing was associate White House counsel Ainsley Hayes ?

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Good grief - I'll have to watch that episode again, it's a long time since I saw it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That was great, Marcus! I really loved WW, especially in the first half of the series. I can completely see C.J. making that zucchini comment. And Lois in the White House press corps... just imagine all the trouble she could get into!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Not a big WW fan, but that was fun. smile

Lois WOULD have special anti-gas nose-plugs, wouldn't she? [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by rivka:
Not a big WW fan, but that was fun. smile

Lois WOULD have special anti-gas nose-plugs, wouldn't she? [Linked Image]
I can't remember how many times she was gassed in the show, but I think it was a lot - sooner or later she'd think of carrying a gas mask or some other protection, such as plugs, and Hamilton is just the man to make them for her.

Marcus L. Rowland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, this is a cross-over, not a genre I'm a fan of.

But... Crossover with West Wing, one of my favourite shows (at least until they messed it up the last two years, but I digress)

Anyway, I really enjoyed this, Marcus. First, you captured the cadence of WW speech - I could hear those characters speaking. smile C.J. especially.

it was only supposed to be four hours, the rest of the time he was tied to a giant exploding rutabaga waiting for Superman to rescue him, but..."
rotflol

oops, the gas! but no problem for Lois Lane. laugh

loved this, Marcus. Thank-you.

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a fan of The West Wing, also of Lois And Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, but for some reason I'd never seen the Lois and Clark episode "Lethal Weapon" before the Season 4 DVDs were released, or realised that the villain of the week was played by the late great John Spencer, Leo McGarry in The West Wing.
I just saw in another thread that Lana (Emily Proctor) was also on West Wing.

I actually have a cousin that looks a heck of a lot like me - enough that we have been mistaken for the other on the street.

filling in for Jerry Cooper until he gets over the mumps and out of quarantine.
Did this really happen on West Wing? Or did you make it up. Rotflol

There were a few chuckles. "Finally, the First Lady will be visiting schools in the Washington area today, a
Point of interest: Stockard Channing tried out to be Lois in Superman: The Movie. (The first one.)

the rest of the time he was tied to a giant exploding rutabaga waiting for Superman to rescue him, but..."
Reminds me of the fic ‘Meet Sam Wayne’ and it’s predecessor where the Kent kids had to holler rutabaga when they were in trouble. Must be something special about those rutabagas…

His approval rating was down three points in the New Troy area in the last poll, that still gives him the state but we need to make sure it doesn't slip any more than that."
He’s gonna be in trouble when Martha Kent runs (as in Pam Jernigan’s president series.)

Lois rummaged in her bag again, guessing what was coming next.
Why didn’t she just holler for Superman?

Ah, the mystery. How did Lois escape?

Miniature gas mask. Love it.

So I wonder if Bartlett knows just who Superman is?

Yes, Marcus, you did a great job of capturing WW speech. I could see and hear the characters (the ones I know), and I've only watched a few episodes.

I for one would love to see more cross-over fics. I love them when they are good.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
filling in for Jerry Cooper until he gets over the mumps and out of quarantine.
Did this really happen on West Wing? Or did you make it up. Rotflol
It wasn't in the show, but mumps is one of the few common diseases that still needs an extended quarantine, and I wanted a reason for Lois to be in Washington and doing the job of the Planet's usual reporter.

the rest of the time he was tied to a giant exploding rutabaga waiting for Superman to rescue him, but..."
Reminds me of the fic ‘Meet Sam Wayne’ and it’s predecessor where the Kent kids had to holler rutabaga when they were in trouble. Must be something special about those rutabagas…
First American vegetable name that popped into my head, Meet Sam Wayne is probably why.

Lois rummaged in her bag again, guessing what was coming next.
Why didn’t she just holler for Superman?
Because Superman was already on his way back to Metropolis, or already there, and the range of his super-hearing is limited.

Marcus L. Rowland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It wasn't in the show, but mumps is one of the few common diseases that still needs an extended quarantine, and I wanted a reason for Lois to be in Washington and doing the job of the Planet's usual reporter.
Yes, I thought it was funny, though, because it's so rare these days - but mostly because it's so rare in adults. And it can have implications for males that aren't so pleasant. (It can make them sterile.)

First American vegetable name that popped into my head, Meet Sam Wayne is probably why.
American, huh? Maybe so, but I'm clueless as to what one looks like... My understanding is that it's something like a turnip.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nicely done.

thumbsup thumbsup

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Have to say that I usually despise cross-overs but all of yours have been funny enough that I forget my initial dislike. I'd have never dreamed up a WW and LnC cross--and you pulled it off quite nicely.

God knows why anyone in his right mind would want the job.
I have to say I wholeheartedly agree. I know I abandoned my childhood dream of becoming president when I realised how much it actually entailed!

**~~**

Swoosh --->

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard