Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wonderful ending, but now there's no more. mecry

You just had to tantalize us with that last part didn't you? You better be able to back it up with a sequel. I can't wait

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whoa! Holy surprise-ness.

Wasn't expecting such a quick wrap-up, here. But I do smell a sequel, yes? That is good...

I like the fading memory thing. Otherwise, there is absolutely no way that you could wrap this up as quickly as you did--those kind of memories last a lifetime.

I was a little suspicious about this paragraph, though wink :

...crest of his pelvic bone– he didn’t remember being hurt there. And the spot on his arm where they’d had to lay open the skin and muscles to set one of the bones itched badly under wrappings.
Do I sense something alluding to another certain torture story being written right now? That sounds like blood samples and a bone marrow sample (taken from the correct place, this time) unless I am just going mad! smile1 goofy

Great job on this story! It was intense, well written, and gripping. Thanks for taking the challenge and helping inspire me to start my own fanfiction piece. You're the greatest!

SmirkyRaven

Top Banana
Top Banana
quote: ...crest of his pelvic bone– he didn’t remember being hurt there. And the spot on his arm where they’d had to lay open the skin and muscles to set one of the bones itched badly under wrappings.

Do I sense something alluding to another certain torture story being written right now? That sounds like blood samples and a bone marrow sample (taken from the correct place, this time) unless I am just going mad!
bone marrow samples, muscle samples, skin samples, liver & lung tissue if he was looking for needle marks. Hey, SHADO ain't dumb, they got another alien to study for a while.

The memory loss drug is actually UFO canon. It was developed to erase the memories of civilians who were caught in UFO incidents (A precurser to the MIB memory gizzy.)

As to a sequel - Well, Straker's sort of expecting trouble from the New Kryptonians, but a sequel would be explaining why SHADO didn't act to take out Nor when he first attacked Smallville. So I have to come up with a good reason AND a plot line that works.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"I honestly believe they intended to start cutting me open."
Clark, just be thankful you aren't the Clark in SmirkyRaven's story. They *did* cut him open! But Dandello is a kinder mistress. (Just teasing you, Raven smile )

“They didn’t take you by mistake, did they?” It was a statement, not a question. “They knew exactly who they were hurting. They just didn’t know it was really Clark Kent.”
Finally!

“I love you, you know.”

“I know,” she said. “I warned you not to.”
Good stuff!

“We’ve already started,” Straker said, clearing away their empty coffee cups. “By the time you reach Smallville, all this will be little more than a bad dream.”
High-handed, a little?

“Did you figure out who that Kal-El person was they thought you were?”
WHAT??? Oh, no you didn't!!!

"I do know we only have about two years until he comes of age according to their law and they come for him. I hope we’ll be ready.”
Huh. This guy is just full of suprises!

This was a good story, Dandello. Thank you for the time and effort you put into giving us new tale to read!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
High-handed, a little?
Yup, that's Commander Straker. A high handed SOB in charge of protecting the planet. wildguy

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
A very good story from beginning to end. At the end, when Lois asked Clark if he discovered who was Kal-El, I screamed of frustration in front of my computer. razz
And I agree that it needs a sequel. The story was great but tooshort to my taste. I want more thumbsup

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well done. A very intense and emotion-filled story.

It was nice to see that Lois was this fiercely protective and willing to put herself at such risk to help out just Clark.

I'm not sure that 'my' Lois could have brought herself to actually kill Clark in order to save him from the torture, but it does say something about her strength of resolve.

Overall, a very powerful story.

Tank (who isn't bothered by the 'reset' of the relationship by the magical memory drug)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally got a chance to catch up.

Awesome! Simply Awesome! I didn't understand the pelvis references until I read the FDK, but now---woah. eek

Just about every chapter had me on the edge of my seat! It was thrilling, and exciting, and did I mention awesome? laugh

notworthy notworthy notworthy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wanted to pop in and say that I really enjoyed the story. I am so glad you shared it with us. I found it interesting that you took away their memories... but somehow I think you have something else in store for us with that ending. I can't wait to see if you bring us more. clap

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard