Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Sue, you are spoiling us rotten with all these great short stories!

"Lex will hunt you down and kill you if you do anything to hurt Lois," Clark said, still in that soft tone. "Surely you realize that. You should let her go."
Lex's obsession with Lois does come in handy once in a while!

Clark took a deep breath and let it out slowly as he counted to ten. It was not worth fighting over - not when he had no idea how long they'd be stuck in the trunk together.
I like this. Clark loves Lois, but he still accepts that she can be such a pain and he doesn't necessarily want to provoke that side of her personality.

Tell her. Tell her. Tell her. He had to tell her.
Yes, tell her!

"Mine is better."
You write Lois so well!

Clark fought back the urge to retort 'I can't for the life of me figure out why I told you.'
!!!!! smile

She giggled and reached up to touch his cheek. "Finding out that I could fluster Superman."
Great ending. Great story. Thank you, Sue!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sue, you have this little obsession with paint-off-wall scorching. 'Fess up -- you get kickbacks from contractors, don't you?

Sweet little revelation. smile Thanks for sharing -- I needed something waffy. (I have a code in by node. [Linked Image])

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, Sue, before I give you any fdk, I first have to say...

Rivka "I have a code in my node" - HAH! That totally cracked me up. I had to laugh out loud at that one. Of course, not laughing at you, laughing... uh... with you? Sorry! Take some N-Quil and get some sleep. Poor thing.

Okay... now...

Sue, I love this - very nice:

"Way to go, Kent," Lois said sarcastically. "You should have listened to me. We could have taken the gun away from Bender instead of meekly following directions."

Clark took a deep breath and let it out slowly as he counted to ten. It was not worth fighting over - not when he had no idea how long they'd be stuck in the trunk together. "And what if Bender had shot one of us? It wasn't worth the risk."

"You're right. This is much less risky." Lois wasn't about to let the subject go.
Wonderful banter. wink

Clark fought back the urge to retort 'I can't for the life of me figure out why I told you.'
That line cracked me up.

"It's going to be okay, I promise." His lips moved in an almost-kiss against her ear as he spoke. No sooner had he spoken then several more shots rang out, this time puncturing through the metal of the trunk, leaving small shafts of daylight in their wake. Lois jumped and twitched with each shot, unaware that she was letting out a series of terrified shrieks with each blast.

Clark rolled forward to cover her, counting to match each bullet with its shot as they bounced away from his back and legs. He placed one hand along her cheek protectively.

As quickly as the hail of bullets had begun, it stopped. The tense silence that followed was unnerving. Lois bit her lip, willing herself not to make a sound. Behind her Clark's breathing was reassuringly deep and even.
Okay, even though we know that Clark will be okay - that regular bullets can't hurt him - this still tugged at my heart strings... I could feel Lois's fear (what if he wasn't telling the truth?)

"Here, lift up for a second," he said softly. She did and his arm slipped beneath her, holding her securely against him. She put her arms around his neck.
And this? I just LOVED this! Lois trying so hard to get in a good position and Clark helping her, telling her to lift up and he would do the rest. He slipped his arm around her and held her against him. <DJ melts into a waffy puddle>

Now... NOW I'm going to tell on you. FoLCs, I saw this story way back in October when she first started it. And I'm here to tell you that she changed it. It was going to be much longer - with a scene that felt like it could have come straight out of North by Northwest (Cary Grant movie) - you know, when they are up on top of mount Rushmore in that eclectic, architectural looking house/cabin? Mmmm, I really liked it. But Sue decided to take the story a different direction - which was fine! Don't get me wrong! I totally LOVED this story as it is.

But what I'm trying to do is to start a petition to get her to incorporate the scene she originally cut, into a different story. (It was a revelation scene too, and Lois didn't really believe Clark... and oh, I'd better not say any more).

So, Sue, here's your beta, voicing her "official" petition for this "cut scene" to make it into another story.

<DJ ducks and waits for the impending beating to come later - when the guards aren't watching...> wink

Love ya Sue.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
omg, omg, omg...!!! A story by Sue! notworthy

/me tries to relax. Sorry, can't help it, I just get so excited when I see you posting something. Sue, you could post the phone book and I would read it. (especially if you throw in Clark's phone number in there... cause, you know... *lol*)

I savored every last line of this. It's just so cute and fun and... awww!

Yay!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Suefic!

And that's pretty much all my brain will come up with at the moment. Perhaps later, I'll be able to find something more coherent to say.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
One thing this story reminds me is to never be a bad guy. Backstab or be backstabbed. Yikes, what a lide/death.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Clark rolled forward to cover her, counting to match each bullet with its shot as they bounced away from his back and legs. He placed one hand along her cheek protectively.

As quickly as the hail of bullets had begun, it stopped. The tense silence that followed was unnerving. Lois bit her lip, willing herself not to make a sound. Behind her Clark's breathing was reassuringly deep and even.
DJ quoted this and I can't help but quote it myself. I remember reading the scene and thinking about the fear Lois must feel. She was just laughing some minutes ago when Clark had confessed the alter ego thing to her, the whole thing must seem incredibly surreal. Either way, it felt like such a tense, frightening moment. Possibly my favorite part of the fic, I love the physicality of it too--the detail of how he covers her cheek with his hand. I'm reminded of what some people say that in intense moments we take refuge in what's concrete--for me it's how she hears him breathing.

*sigh* So nice.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great fic as always, Sue.

Tell her. Tell her. Tell her. He had to tell her.
Love this. Tell her, tell her, tell her….

She was silent. Disbelief and panic flooded through him. He had done it. He had told her. And she had said... nothing. It was then that he realized that her body was trembling and she was making a gasping sound. Was she crying? Horrified, he realized that she wasn't crying - she was laughing. Her body shook harder and she began to laugh out loud.

Lois laughed until her sides hurt and she was certain that Gretchen and Nigel would pull the car over to find out what was so funny. "Oh my gosh, that was good." She let out another giggle. "That was really, really good."
Oh, that’s good. She laughed.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, great revelation. Excellent banter, as usual. And how can you not love the concept of Lois and Clark trapped together within close proximity of one another for an extended period of time? Hee!

Have you seen the movie Out of Sight by any chance?

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, my, you really did it again.

My favourite part was Lois' reaction to Clark's revelation. rotflol I'd never have been able to come up with this.

Of course, there's still the problem of Nigel and Lex to be solved... grovel Please?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, you could post the phone book and I would read it.
Ok, this totally cracked me up! I have to gather some composure before I start the rest of my night with people, and it's going to take a minute.

But seriously, I agree. Sue could post the assembly manual to my telescope, and it would be the best goshdarn booklet ever.

Some quick favs:
Lois laughed until her sides hurt and she was certain that Gretchen and Nigel would pull the car over to find out what was so funny. "Oh my gosh, that was good." She let out another giggle. "That was really, really good."

"I'm serious." He was more than a little offended. Of all the reactions he had expected this disbelieving laughter had never even crossed his mind.
That was pretty funny! <g> It was the last reaction from her I expected myself! Poor Clark.

"I don't know." He shifted uncomfortably. "I, you, uh, you make me nervous, Lois."
Awww. That's so cute.

"Mine is better."
And that's so *Lois.*

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, you could post the phone book and I would read it.
Ok, this totally cracked me up! I have to gather some composure before I start the rest of my night with people, and it's going to take a minute.
hehe! believe me, it took me a few minutes to stop laughing so I could actually type that. lol!

Imagine... if Sue wrote user manuals, you wouldn't have to tell people to RTFM - they'd actually do it on their own. Heck, the manuals would make the best-seller's list. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
"Remember that cafe we ate at a couple of weeks ago?"

"The one with the huge fishtank? Or the one where you got in a fight with the waitress?"

"I didn't get in a fight with that waitress! She was being rude! Anyway, it was neither of those places. I'm talking about the one with the really good coffee. Don't you remember? You had a long discussion with the owner about Jamaican coffee plantations?"
I find it interesting that they remember the places they've shared meals not by the food they ate but the conversations (or conflicts) that took place. That, in a nutshell, is so very Lois that I laughed at this as much as I laughed at Lois's initial reaction to Clark's confession.

I find it a little surprising that Lois, who thought about what she now knows was not Clark's death and miraculous ressurection, didn't call him on his allowing her to think he was dead. Of course, we don't know what they talked about as he flew her back to Metropolis.

This is a most original premise, that Clark would reveal his secret to Lois to keep her from doing something that almost surely would get her killed. He allows them to be placed in an untenable situation by keeping his dual identity secret, and Lois doesn't explode all over him for it. Then, there is that flight, and the conversation afterward...

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it Laura. You know I'm a sucker for the revelations where Lois doen't get too mad. party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Kerth
Kerth
Imagine... if Sue wrote user manuals, you wouldn't have to tell people to RTFM - they'd actually do it on their own. Heck, the manuals would make the best-seller's list.
This made me laugh so hard I almost cried. If only that were true! It would be much less dull to write (or read) SOP's, training plans and all the freakin' documentation required for changes to the system if I was allowed spice it up a bit.

Rivka - I hope you're feeling better. I've been laid up myself the past couple of days with a stomach bug.
Have you seen the movie Out of Sight by any chance?
Silly girl! Is George Clooney in that movie? Yes? Then I definitely saw it. I vaguely remember the trunk scene - mostly I remember the love scene shown in flashbacks. That was HOT and original!
<DJ ducks and waits for the impending beating to come later - when the guards aren't watching...>
DJ, I can't believe you haven't beaten me to a pulp yet. I only wheedled you into co-writing with me and then left you hanging for days without a word.

Thanks to everyone who's posted feedback. When I finally dragged myself out of bed it was beyond lovely to find your words waiting for me.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This made me laugh so hard I almost cried. If only that were true! It would be much less dull to write (or read) SOP's, training plans and all the freakin' documentation required for changes to the system if I was allowed spice it up a bit.
If they saw how good your writing is, I bet they'd let you spice up those manuals.

Hope you are feeling better....

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ, I can't believe you haven't beaten me to a pulp yet. I only wheedled you into co-writing with me and then left you hanging for days without a word.
Hah! As if! I was worried about you though (I tend to be the paranoid type goofy ) not because I hadn't received anything from you but because I hadn't even seen you reply to your fdk yet. I knew something was wrong.

<hugs> goofy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New Sue's fic! Woohoo! smile1

Clark's hands clasped hers, his fingers occasionally stroking over or tightening on hers. His faint possessive touch reminded her of last night. She had lain awake for over an hour last night remembering the sensation of being carried to the bedroom by Clark. Just thinking about him, with only a door to separate them, had created a pleasant awareness inside her. It was a reaction to him that she had certainly felt before that night. It had flared up unexpectedly after he had kissed her under phony circumstances in the honeymoon suite of the Lexor hotel. It had surfaced again on the night of the charity ball when they danced together before Mayson cut in. This awareness of him actually never really left her, she realized. It only went dormant until the next time he touched her in a more than an accidental way.
Awwwwww... So WAFFy! Love it! [Linked Image]

"Lois," he sighed. "This is not the way I wanted to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

His body tensed against hers and then he spoke. "I'm Superman."

She was silent. Disbelief and panic flooded through him. He had done it. He had told her. And she had said... nothing. It was then that he realized that her body was trembling and she was making a gasping sound. Was she crying? Horrified, he realized that she wasn't crying - she was laughing. Her body shook harder and she began to laugh out loud.

The revelation scene was priceless. clap Well, all of Sue's revelation scenes are incredibly awesome. They could be gathered up in a book: "Manual of Creative Revelations" by Sue S. laugh

"I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd make this up," she said.

LOL! notworthy I sorry about your stomach bug. I hope you get better soon. sloppy

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Yay! Another Sue story and it was totally sweet!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard