Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
What an angst-filled installment of your story, Rac. And how well-written it is.

This was very moving.

I'm looking forward to more.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A very interesting instalment.

You've managed to convey Lois' anquish quite nicely. Clark is still conflicted but Lois seems to already know what he has to do.

I like how you tried to 'make more rational' the governing system of the New Kryptonians, but even you couldn't logicize such a stupid system. It simply makes no sense for a highly technological society to have such an awkward and clumsy hybred system. One would think that they'd either go for the 'fairness' of a representitive system, or the efficiency of a supreme ruler. Instead they try to have both and wind up with neither of the advantages and all of the disadvantages.

I wonder how you'll be able to 'explain' how Clark gets out of his 'duty' eventually (that is if he does?). The show never rationally explained that. Suddenly, once Nor was defeated it was okay for Clark to split where it never was before. Nor's presense or absense alone doesn't alter the fact that Kal is supposed to be the first minister. Anyone who is a viable candidate after Nor and Clark are gone, was a viable candidate before that, even if he was only third in line. History is full of those lower in succession being chosen over the less competent.

Time for some good old fashion angst, and maybe a few good whams.

Tank (who says Rac can really make this different from the series episodes by merely having Clark either not survive, or have to stay on NK... forever?)

Kerth
Kerth
Go on with this Rac! smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Angst - yes, that's the word I was looking for. Thanks, Irene. <g>

The scene in the conference room between Lois and Zara was very tense and I'm not sure I appreciate you making me feel sorry for Zara when I really don't want to, Rac. goofy

Poor Lois!

More soon, please!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

An excellent part!
Extremely well-written! mecry

I can't wait to see what happens next. eek

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yup, the angst is starting already. My tissues are standing by. This was beautiful...
"The globe," she repeated. "Your globe. I know it's eating you up inside. You need to know the truth."

"The truth is right here," he said, brushing an errant strand of hair away from her face.

"Clark," she said softly. "You have to know."

"Whatever it says, it won't change my mind," he replied.
And my eyes got a little moist whinging

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac,
great part - well written
and angst is the word
more soon please
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey...

It was well written..

Poor Lois wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
(Echo echo echo) Angst. Lump me in with the angst crowd here. whinging

Well too damn bad!
Go Lois! But I suppose we can't have an entire trilogy based on 'too damn bad' so I'll already assuming he's leaving. whinging

Jen mecry

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've always thought in this arc that Lois is the more heroic of the two. While Clark has some responsibility to his people, Lois has none but voluntarily gives up everything she holds dear out of love for Clark. As of this part, she recognizes long before he does that he is going to go, and she knows she isn't going to stop him, which is why she was fated to be the perfect soul mate of Superman. thumbsup How many parts, approximately, do you see this story running?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments everyone. Sorry again for taking so long to reply. Life has been kicking my butt as of late. More will be up soon. I'm glad that you guys seemed to like this section. I always felt that Lois needed to let go of Clark in order for him to be able to leave. And as Tank, Kathy, and Roger pointed out, that helps add to the angst factor.

Tank, I'll try to explain succession and New Krypton as I go, assuming I can.

Labbie, sorry about Zara, but I kinda don't want her to be unlikeable. wink

And Roger, there are a few more parts of this story, plus two subsequent stories that are not yet finished.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. More will be up very shortly!

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard