Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Spot holder for my FDK which is coming... TODAY... IN MINUTES DJ... haha yes aren't you shocked?

And see... I'm following through with that promise now. laugh

First things first. DJ I have seen the movie 50 First Dates... and I'm going to beg you right now not to end it the same way. frown

However, the premise if fabulous. I can't wait to see what you will do with it. I giggled as soon as I figured out where you were going with this one. clap

It was a potted plant... the kind that you would get delivered from a flower shop. Except that it was a nicer one than you would usually get delivered – planted inside a heavy, decorative ceramic flowerpot.
It was at this point that I figured out where you were going with it. ^_^Poor Lois.

It was short. It had been cut. When? Why? By whom?
That's the question we all ask Lois... why? why? And if you were gonna get it short why not a cuter hairstyle? I could have delt with short if it had just been a bit cuter.

Clark a.k.a. Superman was going to give it to her.
I don't know who I feel worse for. Lois who is probably going to have to go through this a bunch of times (or maybe not... maybe you won't go that route) or Clark who has to deal with a Lois who has just discovered his secret over and over again. LOL

A deep sense of horror overcame her as she wondered what other lifestyle changes she had made before coming to her senses. She quickly thought back to that morning, she didn’t remember seeing any piercings or tattoos or anything like that when she had put her make-up on. So maybe her haircut had been the worst of it.
Hahaha, this was the best part. I could just see her frantically going through her morning trying to remember if something was pierced. rotflol

I can't wait for more of this DJ!! This is either going to be really funny or just a bit angsty and I haven't decided which. smile I'll take a bit of both.

(P.S. Also, I finally left you one big FDK at the end of Superman United. ^_^)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, DJ has a new story! laugh

She immediately became paranoid. Had someone broken into her apartment?

Oh, yeah, Lane, brilliant. Someone broke into your apartment to leave you a potted plant. Yeah, that made a lot of sense.
rotflol
That was just great. I had to open up a new window to laugh in silence since mom is sitting in the opposite chair.

Ahh, this is SUCH a great start. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how Lois suddenly went from being frozen to cutting off all that cool hair <sigh>...and she doesn't remember! Can't wait to find out what happens next.

The title of course reminds me of 50 First Dates, which I haven't seen, but it's kind of fun being in the dark!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
The minute I made the connection between the story and the movie title I was rotflol

This could get interesting (especially for Clark)! I can't wait for more!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oooh. I don't have time to say much, since I'm already late for work, but let's just say that you've already got me interested.

Your characterization is amazing. Lois is...so Lois! lol

I'll be looking forward to the next installment,

SmirkyRaven

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, this is nice and different... I like smile

More soon!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yea, a new DJ story! Life is good.

It wasn't until I was a bit into the scene at the Planet that it occurred to me that Lois' "last night" and Clark's "last night" might, in fact, be two different nights. And then I "got" the title and realized that this was going to be very, very good. Although it would be anyway since it is yours. smile

It sounds like this might be the day after Contact ends. If so, I can tell why Clark was worried about seeing her.

Looking forward to more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't seen the movie but I'm interested to see where this is going. I'm assuming that the time frame is when Clark tells Lois that they cannot be together because it would be too dangerous.

Ooh...keep it coming. I'm intrigued. peep

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well! Hello everyone! What a wonderful evening greeting.

Jojo -- wow! You were the first one. Yes, I am shocked. wink

First things first. DJ I have seen the movie 50 First Dates... and I'm going to beg you right now not to end it the same way.
Jojo - only the first part and you're already making demands? goofy Just makes me all giddy.

Glad I gave you such a good laugh, Jen - hope you were able to restrain yourself enough that your mom didn't think you were crazy.

You don't need to have seen 50 First Dates in order to appreciate my story - but... well, I don't want to say anything more, might reveal too much.

Hi there Jessi. Yes, it could definitely get interesting. Glad to hear you can't wait for more. I'll try not to disappoint.

SmirkyRaven! Thanks for taking time out even though you were running late for work. Hope you had a good day at work. I'm flattered that you thought my characterization was "amazing". Thanks. I always say I've accomplished what I set out to do if people can really *see* the scene in their minds.

Kelly! Hi there! Glad you like. More soon - I promise. I'm not sure how long this one will be just yet. I'm at 55 pages (7 parts so far) and I'm not close to the ending yet.

Hey Lisa! Yes, "Clark's" last night and "Lois's" last night, were two very different nights.

then I "got" the title and realized that this was going to be very, very good. Although it would be anyway since it is yours.
Awww blush

Hi Sheila! I just love that everyone keeps making guesses. But I'll just let you all affirm your suspicions on the next part. I'm so glad you're intrigued.

Okay, I know I said I wasn't sure what my posting schedule would be... and I still don't have a "firm" schedule. The parts may come erratically. But Sue was sweet enough to do some beta for me today, so once I get done picking at it, I have enough to post part 2. If not tomorrow, then some time on Saturday.

Thank you all so much for all your fdk and comments. I enjoyed every one of them.

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello all! First, I'll start off by saying that I don't know what my posting schedule will be... because I haven't finished writing this one yet.
Oh, my goodness!! DJ posts a story without it being done. (I’m proud of ya’, girl. I know you will get it done.)

It was as plain as... as vanilla ice cream without chocolate sauce.
rotflol

Relief? Yes, it looked like relief and almost a... twinkle.

A twinkle? How could that be? What was she up to? He watched as she pointed at him and motioned towards the conference room.

He took in a deep, shaky breath and obediently headed into the conference room. She followed him inside and shut the door behind them. He turned around to look at her and she had a funny little smirky grin on her face.

What was up with her this morning?

“Do you have anything you want to tell me?” she prompted him, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.
Loved this.

“I know you’re Superman.”

He didn’t react. He just sat stood there staring at her like he expected her to continue.

Did he already know she knew? Had she already said something last night? Had they fought and that’s why he was being so aloof?

“And...” he finally said after her long pause.
Poor Lois…

“Exactly what I said. That’s the last thing I remember. I remember you reaching out to touch me and realizing that, you, Superman, and, you, Clark, were the same person. Then you told me to close my eyes and... I woke up in bed last night, a bump on my head and a new hairstyle later.” She was beginning to feel a little unsettled because the longer she talked the more pale he was becoming.
Oh, no!!

“Something’s wrong. She doesn’t remember anything that’s happened the past few weeks. When she came in just now she was all confused and when I tried to explain what had happened, she passed out.”
Clark is scared... More soon, DJ!!

DJ, you just keep getting better and better.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh interesting. Don't let us wait too long for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh wow. I'm totally confused and can't wait to find out what's going on.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhh, snow days, gotta love them. I'm sitting here in my pajamas just writing away on my story - staring blissfully out the window at all the pretty snow on the ground.

Then I decided I needed a break. So I hopped on the boards to see what was happening and saw more tantalizing fdk.

Hi Nancy!

Oh, my goodness!! DJ posts a story without it being done. (I’m proud of ya’, girl. I know you will get it done.)
Yes, and already I'm doubting the sanity of that decision. I just finished making a revision to part 2... I'm always going back and adding stuff in my stories - that's why it makes me so nervous to post before I'm done... so, we'll see...

DJ, you just keep getting better and better.
Awww! goofy ) that she needs a name too. Go figure. laugh

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey! I have to get my demands in early since you are still working on the story. laugh

Does your muse take bribes? ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
Oh Jojo, make your demands! Heaven knows I just did! wildguy

Actually she's rewritten a little snippet of part two and it fairly sizzles on the screen, so I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for her to post.

It's such a fun idea and I'm jealous beyond words that I didn't think of it.

Sue (who knows what's coming and it only increases my envy - this is a *great* story and DJ is writing it beautifully)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah, DJ, how can I not love this?

Now, what had awakened her so suddenly?

Clark Kent is Superman...

The thought was screaming at her. It was true. He was Superman. It was as plain as... as vanilla ice cream without chocolate sauce.
Okay, next time I'm offered vanilla ice cream without chocolate sauce, I'll remember that this is as plain as the fact that Clark Kent is Superman! goofy

What she saw frightened her worse than having a new decoration in her bedroom.

Her hair...

It was short. It had been cut. When? Why? By whom?
Wow! That would certainly be a surprise first thing in the morning! (Insert Who's-that-funny-haired-woman-looking-at-me-in-the-mirror icon here!)

She reached up and carefully peeled the bandage back from her head. There was a nasty looking gash and a well-defined bump behind it.
Hmmm... amnesia, amnesia, amnesia....

So where was Clark? He had just thawed her out, brought her back here to her apartment and... dumped her off? The thought made her mad. How could he do that? He loved her, didn’t he? How could he just bring her back here and leave her after something as traumatic as what she’d obviously been through? Unless...

No...

What if...

...he hadn’t made it?

She felt dizzy again and sat down on her toilet. No. No, if Superman had died... if Clark had died... someone would still be here with her. Perry. Or Jimmy.

Somebody.

They wouldn’t have left her all alone at a time like this. There had to be some other explanation.
Oh, horror!!!!

And after last night... there was no way she *wasn’t* going to come in to work today. If for nothing else, she would come in just to confront him in the light of a new day.

He wasn’t sure if she would be hurt or if she would be livid. Either emotion was equally distressing to contemplate.

He didn’t regret what he had done – that wasn’t it. He would stand by his decision. But what he was going to regret would be the aftermath. Hurricane Lane wouldn’t be easy to weather.
Ehhh... I the LNC illiterate am having some problems deciphering what is going on here. On the other hand, Lois's haircut... didn't that happen in the same episode where Clark decided to break up with Lois for her own good?

“Do you have anything you want to tell me?” she prompted him, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

“Huh?”

“Anything. Anything at all...?”
My, what a situation! She thinks he knows she's asking about his secret identity, and he thinks she asks about why he is going to break up with her.

But after this reception... well, now she was just irritated. So when the words came, they came hard and fast. “I know you’re Superman.”

He didn’t react. He just sat stood there staring at her like he expected her to continue.

Did he already know she knew? Had she already said something last night? Had they fought and that’s why he was being so aloof?

“And...” he finally said after her long pause.
Oh, what an anticlimax! Poor Lois!

What? What was he talking about? *She* chose this haircut? Just like that? On the spur of the moment? After being frozen and held by a madman? That didn’t sound like her...
Hah!!! I can see Lois, barely-thawed, walking stiffly on half-frozen legs, swaying manneqin-like into the nearest salon to get rid of those icicles hanging from her hair!!! goofy

She quickly thought back to that morning, she didn’t remember seeing any piercings or tattoos or anything like that when she had put her make-up on. So maybe her haircut had been the worst of it.
Are you sure you looked for tattoos in all the right places, Lois? goofy

I remember you reaching out to touch me and realizing that, you, Superman, and, you, Clark, were the same person. Then you told me to close my eyes and... I woke up in bed last night, a bump on my head and a new hairstyle later.”
Love that!!!! clap

“That night that I... froze you. That happened almost a month ago.”
dizzy

Have mercy, DJ! But please come back with more soon!!!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm... Intriguing. Haven't heard of or seen the film, but still...definitely intriguing. thumbsup

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Does your muse take bribes? ^_~
Ha! Hey jojo - I don't know, I'll ask her - right now she's simply complaining that I haven't named her yet. goofy

Ha! Sue! I hadn't even seen that you had posted this (been too busy writing) - in view of the "bargain" that we just struck, this is so funny (see Bargain explanation at the bottom of the post).

But your comments tickled me to death. I'm totally blushing. blush Thank you!!!

Hi there Ann!

Thanks so much for all that wonderful fdk. You had me in stitches as I read it. Especially this:

Hah!!! I can see Lois, barely-thawed, walking stiffly on half-frozen legs, swaying manneqin-like into the nearest salon to get rid of those icicles hanging from her hair!!!
Hah! The imagery is too funny. And then your comments about her becoming a buddhist, a vegetarian and looking for tattoos. I was practically rolling in the floor. laugh

Okay, DJ, fascinating, funny and scary start! But hey, look at the title of this story! 50 First Revelations - FIFTY first revelations???? As in, you mean, Lois is going get amnesia and wake up without a clue forty-nine more times before you are done with us?

Have mercy, DJ! But please come back with more soon!!!
Well I didn't *literally* mean 50 First Revelations... it was a play off of the title "50 First Dates" -- but who knows? It's not finished yet, after all, wink

I promise to come back as soon as I can - but my posting plans have changed a little bit. See my note at the bottom of this post.

Hi Yvonne! I am so thrilled to have tempted you into reading this story. I hope you enjoy the ride.

------------------------

Okay, now for the note.

Back when I came to these boards in March of this year, I was desperately looking for someone to beta read for me.

And along came Sue.

<me wonders that if she knew what she was getting herself into...>

Anyway, it didn't take me long to realize I had hit the jackpot. And then shortly thereafter, she asked me to beta read a story for her.

I was delighted.

Then I read it... and I was ecstatic. I knew I'd found a treasure in my beta reader. It was at that point and time that a little seed was planted in my brain - wouldn't it be fun to co-author a story with Sue.

Then as the months progressed and I read more of her stuff and she read more of mine... the seed sprouted and grew - and more and more often I found myself wondering if she would want to write something with me.

So after sending her the first several parts of this story and enjoying some of her hilarious and insightful fdk -- and then receiving a delicious few fun and fanciful paragraphs from her -- I decided to take the leap and ask her if she would like to jump in and co-author this story with me.

She accepted - I'm so excited!

I don't know if I'll still be able to post part 2 tomorrow or not. I just sent the whole story (that has been written so far) to Sue to let her play with it. When she gets her additions to part 2 back to me, then I'll post.

So bear with me.

And thank you all so much for all the wonderful fdk and comments. I enjoyed every word!!!

Sue - I look forward greatly to writing with you. notworthy

Here's a link to the message we posted together on the Fanfic Related page:

Co-Author Notation

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! help

So... what is Lois's problem this time? Relapsing Superman-related-amnesia syndrome? hyper

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark was scaring her. Something really was wrong. She could tell by the look on his face. Why didn’t he just come out and tell her? “What is it? Just tell me!”

“That night that I... froze you. That happened almost a month ago.”
OMG is right. Given this, and the fact that 50 First Dates is one of my favourite rom-coms, I can see I'm going to have to find time to read an ongoing story that isn't a short vignette for the first time in...oh, a century. laugh

I'll wait to see if part one is going to be revised and reposted first though. Which I hope is soon! /me hands out lots of encouraging chocolate to Bubbles and...Sue's Muse (is she called Squeak? <G>)

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard