Next Thread
Print Thread
#34699 11/28/06 02:10 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
What a beautiful way to start my morning. Thank you for posting this!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#34700 11/28/06 07:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a great read! So Lois and so Clark. laugh

I love love loved this:
The only problem was between the awkward ending to their earlier conversation and his current meanderings; he wasn’t sure what to say to her. No matter, he decided as he spun into appropriate flying garb, there’d be time to figure it out on the way.

“Or maybe not,” Clark chuckled upon arrival outside Lois’ place.
I grinned when I read Clark's "Or maybe not" moment! *loves* (I've had a few of those myself, where I'm certain I'll think of the right thing to say if I can just find the person — and then I still have nothing when I do. Classic).

And this was beautifully phrased:
So often, as Superman, he felt somehow more protected. As if the suit was a suit of armor, instead of fabric sewn by his mother.
In just two sentences, you've encompassed Clark's relationship with the suit perfectly.

I just have one teeny nit-pick:
Sometimes it seemed Clark really was a mild mannered reported, one with average human abilities.
I think you meant "reporter" instead of "reported" there.

Thanks so much for sharing this lovely birthday fic with us! clap

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#34701 11/28/06 08:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh that was so sweet of you! Great story. I enjoyed it! party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#34702 11/28/06 08:30 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, so waffy and sweet. I just love these kind of vignettes - the ones that take a scene from the show and expound upon it - let us see what the characters were *really* feeling.

Wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing!

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#34703 12/02/06 10:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Jana! What a lovely surprise! Sorry that it took me a while to notice this. I don't read a lot of fanfic at the moment (except for another fandom). So it's good that you drew my attention to this.

So, first of all, thank you for having picked up the pen again and having made your come back for my birthday. We do expect to see a bit more of you from now on. wink

Then, I had the greatest chuckle when reading the name 'Jack' in a story set in mid S2. I should've known you'd drop it somewhere! laugh

Finally... awwwwwwwwww! This was such a great insight in Clark's feelings at that time. I can so easily imagine Clark wondering if Lois' feelings are changing for the better. Good thing we already know how it ends. laugh

Thanks again, Jana! Loved this! sloppy

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#34704 12/02/06 04:22 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, very sweet!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#34705 12/03/06 06:08 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you all for reading this little story of mine and taking the time to leave comments! I'm always nervous when posting a story, but particularly so when I haven't posted one in such a long time.
I think you meant "reporter" instead of "reported" there.
blush Oops! That's what happens when I do final revisions hours past my bedtime! Thank you for pointing this out, Crystal! I went back and made the changes. laugh

Sas, glad you found it and liked it. As for Jack, I almost couldn't find a way to drop him in there, but I did it. cool You know I have to try! smile

Thank you all again for taking the time to read this and for all your kind comments. Have a great week!

Jana (who makes no promises, but would love to finish LP someday, someday...)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard