Title: Some Kind of Fantasy (1/2)
Author: angelic_editor
Rating: G
Feedback: Better than chocolate! I welcome comments and criticism of all kinds.
Disclaimer: The characters aren’t mine; the words are. Please don’t take legal action, as lowly copy editors aren’t worth suing, anyway.
A/N: Just for reference, this is set in season one.
Miscellaneous: Like all my stuff, this little vignette is unbetaed, so all mistakes are my own. Point and laugh at will.

-------------

Lois Lane wants the fantasy.

She knows it’s stupid and juvenile and completely irrational, and every time she sees a flash of hurt darken Clark Kent’s guileless brown eyes, she wants desperately to not want the fantasy.

But she does.

Oh, she does.

Just this once, she wants to be stupid and juvenile and completely irrational — because she’s always been smart, mature and nothing if not rational, especially when it comes to keeping men at a safe distance.

This is her path not taken, personified in a hero who flies around in bright blue spandex and a red cape; an Adonis of a man who embodies all that is true and just and good.

A man who’s not from this world.

A man who’s strong enough to lift a space shuttle into orbit.

A man who has swept her off her feet, literally and figuratively.

So yes, Lois wants the fantasy. Even if simply uttering his name is another metaphorical nail in the coffin of her best friend’s unrequited love.

Her heart breaks a little more for Clark every time she sees how much she’s hurting him. And she hates herself a little more each day.

But she can’t stop loving Superman.

Because God help all three of them, she wants the fantasy. Just this once, Lois Lane wants the fantasy.

Part Two

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien