Next Thread
Print Thread
#34527 11/24/06 05:28 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Shades of the Pretender! Clark's on the run for five years? And you don't tell us why? What has Clark been doing for the past five years? Did the government try to stick him in a lab and dissect him like a frog? And now Jack somebody has the case, and Clark not only knows who's chasing him but taunts him in broad daylight?

And Ooh! Ooh! Where does Lois come in? Is she with Clark, or (I strongly suspect) going to take part in the investigation? Will she helpt to bring him in or join him on the run?

And Jack has family troubles! How will his wife and son figure in the story? Oh, this is so multi-layered already! I like it, I really like it!

I don't know if the title is good or bad, but the premise has me hooked! I hope your end-of-semester pressures don't completely overwhelm you, because this is off to a very good start. Too short, of course, but then it's the prologue. Will you give us the backstory right away or let it out in little dribs and drabs? Will we get a chance to look at the dossier on Clark that Jack has on his desk, or will we hear bits and pieces as we go along?

Looks like this promises to be an interesting trip, no matter what route we take.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had to laugh when I saw Terry's "Shades of the Pretender!" comment. Which made me run to find this and read it, since "The Pretender" is the other fandom that I scour looking for good fics. laugh

I too am very intrigued by where you will take this story. I'm excited to find out more about your Clark Kent and to find out what he has done to make him a fugitive. smile I can't wait!

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, first of all - it was way too short a segment. <g> But it definitely was intriguing.

And, you know, I have to say I like the title. It was what caught my eye and attracted me into opening up the thread.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Blogger
Blogger
Thanks guys! I'm glad you like this. I'm glad my prologue was tantalizing enough.

I think the title is growing on me, it will have meaning later in the story anyway.

I just posted the first chapter (may as well make use of the Thanksgiving break from classes!). I think it answers some questions and leaves others for later.

Thank you again for reading and letting me know what you think.

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Wowzers!

Suprise 1: Clark has, apparently, been convicted of a crime.

Suprise 2: He is on the run.

Suprise 3: He is feeling cocky enough to rub his ability to hide quickly in the investigator's face. (Or else he wants to talk to him, but in that case it seems that he would not have run away.)

Very interested to see where you are going to take this.

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard